Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lance Play Denial

This is also my first deck, any recommendations would be nice

Simply enough, this is my Rogue that I use for Shadow Era...the emphasis (it is still 1.29, but I'm working on a successful version for 1.30...not going so well :S) is that while doing small bits of rush damage, you deny practically anything your opponent throws at you save for SE attacks (Nish, Elad, etc). Get hit by an ally, send the ally home, is there a pesky item, get it out of the way, big baddy you can't kill right off the top, crush it so that it can't be used ever again (unless you are GB, that's a different story)...

1xLance
    3xKris
    3xBrid
    4xJasmine
    4xPuwen
    3xRaven
    3xAldon
    4xAssassination
    4xStop Thief
    3xMarshland Sentinel
    3xRetreat
    3xReinforced Armor (very important when against shadow allies)
    4xDoU

Why these cards you may ask...

Kris and Bridgette are extremely essential during the opening rounds. You want to have one of them out during the beginning just to get some kind of board control, not really anything else. Jasmine, once out in turn 3 (I usually just try for turn 3 so that her ability can come into play with aldon same time) is great for holding back an opponents early board control if any. Aldon is there for support, and I find him more useful than a Blake, and at the moment I am thinking about swapping Raven for Lily or Erika (Though mostly Lily, I love her ability and Lance does need a harem; what's better than twins :P) Marshland Sentinel is something I would wait to play only if the second SE use is available, and preferably with one SE to spare to hold off enemy attacks, since he can do the same thing Raven does but with an additional attack (Hence why I may do away with Raven). Assassination is used mainly because there are times when you don't want to Retreat or DoU an opponents card and you just need to remove it, Retreats are great for forcing an early threat like a Aeon or PB away when you don't have a DoU or Assassination, DoU is a must for defense as well as offense, and Reinforced armor is mostly used for sacs, although against human opponents I find hard to sac.

Generally the ideal situtation for starting is:

T1: Brid/Kris
    T2:Puwen or more Kris and Brid (together though, if not go for Puwen)
    T3: A Jasmine or if you have a lot of Kris and Brids from last turn an Aldon
    T4: Jasmine if not already done so, and you'll want her ability so use Lance's ability (if you have her out, don't bother with another one unless you are not up against a board control freak like Nish or a priest)
    T5: DoU

Practically everything else is circumstancial, and assuming you don't lose board control, you should have it pretty easy from here on out...

The best match ups I've had are with Darkclaw (The deck was designed more for him, allyless or allied) and the deck can, depending on luck with a DR, take out a Logan with some extreme luck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why don't you have any card-draw mechanism? Especially our new best friend Ill Gotten Gains?
    Last edited by Xothguk; 02-21-2012 at 03:30 PM.
    "My bones become my arrows!"
    IGN: JH Xothguk - Yellow Division 3
    JANISSARYHEARTH - THE CALAMITY HOWLER

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Almost all permanent attachment cards for friendly allies are a poor decision, in my opinion. This includes Reinforced Armor, Warrior Training, Surprise Attack, Life Infusion (although it can work well with Conversion), and Pack Alpha. If that ally is disabled, retreated, or killed, you just lost 2 cards (1 if retreated) to their 1 card used to dispose of it. Ally pumping is gimmicky, situational, and usually fails. It is the main problem with Elementalis who really can only succeed by rushing.

Xothguk is right; you have no card draw. Drop the Reinforced Armor and Marshland Sentinels (Lance uses his shadow energy almost every chance he gets) for 3x Bad Santas and 3x Ill Gotten Gains.

Finally, DoU is meh in a Lance deck. Plus, you are already running Retreat! Replace those with 4x Anklebreaker. It is the best weapon in 1.30 in my opinion.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yea, never really thought about the jumprope...I will try that, as well as the IGG.

@blue: Isn't Warrior Training an Ongoing Ability, or is that changed in 1.3 (I usually go with Rogue decks, so I don't really use or look at warrior cards)
    Last edited by AbYsMaL; 02-21-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Still an ongoing attachment. And when your "attached" protector dies, you still lose 2 cards. Ally + Warrior Training.
    "My bones become my arrows!"
    IGN: JH Xothguk - Yellow Division 3
    JANISSARYHEARTH - THE CALAMITY HOWLER

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    looks ok to me
    yes attachment cards can be risky but are actionly powerful but they are not as risky as the other guy is saying the cards he is saying disables and so on are less used now aside from wulven and warriors because of the now larger card pool. and of course the one preist that take away attachments.
    Last edited by PoisonTea; 02-23-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by PoisonTea View Post
    looks ok to me
    yes attachment cards can be risky but are actionly powerful but they are not as risky as the other guy is saying the cards he is saying disables and so on are less used now aside from wulven and warriors because of the now larger card pool. and of course the one preist that take away attachments.
    Yes, by all means disregard by well-thought-out and coherent post for the expertise of PoisonTea who thinks the cards are "actionly" powerful and could not remember the name of Jericho.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblurr View Post
    Finally, DoU is meh in a Lance deck. Plus, you are already running Retreat! Replace those with 4x Anklebreaker. It is the best weapon in 1.30 in my opinion.
    Why do you think so? I like DoU better, because you can send fatties back and deal damage with your allies meantime, with Anklebreaker, however you want to kill an ally more often than not, simply because a lot of allies like Jas, Plasma and Raven, still can be dangerous because of their effects even at 1 attack power. If it could set an ally attack power to 0 it would be more useful, but as of now I still prefer DoU.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @ Unruler, I find anklebreaker much more useful when running IIG, stalling and reducing health is more important than the minus 1 attack. Using DoU will not fuel the draw engine.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King K View Post
    @ Unruler, I find anklebreaker much more useful when running IIG, stalling and reducing health is more important than the minus 1 attack. Using DoU will not fuel the draw engine.
    Agree, but:
    1. If you already have heavy board presence you don't need much draw.
    2. If you are yet to establish board control DoU might prove much more useful since you don't have to finish off an ally.