Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

(Finished) A1-Alliance pop up tournament #3

Hey guys!

We decided to arrange another pop up tournament because... Well, hey, why not?

The sign up will begin now and end on Wednesday 22/2 at 16:00 GMT+0.
    The tournament will begin on Wednesday 22/2 at 18:00 GMT+0.

Since much more talented people than me already wrote a good set of rules before me, I'll just use the regular tournament rules that we usually use. I took the rules from SolarWind's last pop up tournament, but if I'm not mistaken, I think the credit belongs to Bluejet (correct me if I'm wrong).

I did change some of the rules though, so please read them carefully.

1. BANS:
    No heroes are banned

2. GENERAL RULES:
    You must be signed into irc.freenode.net, channel #tournament at 18:00 GMT+0 or you risk losing your spot in the tournament. See here for the current time in GMT+0. If you are not on irc by 18:00, You will get a technical lose.
    Participation in this event will take up a lot of time. Roughly 3-4 hours. If you are not flexible to play and be online or have a very busy life schedule, please do not apply.
    All matches will be played on v1.5

Seeding in the tournament will be random. I know it's usually based on ranking, but I would like to try it out this way to give weaker players an higher chance to advance a round.

Accepting a maximum of 16 participants only. If less than 16 signup, players will be randomly given a first round "bye".

Players may NOT change Hero or any cards in-between any game or match. Players are required to play the entire tournament with the Hero and exact same cards you used in initial tournament game.

Cheaters (those caught changing cards in-between games) will be disqualified and banned from all future tournaments. If you
    suspect cheating, make a formal report and PM it to Tournament Organizer.

All matches will be best of three. Alternate who goes first in games 1 and 2. Let fate decide who goes first in game 3.
    If a player is disconnected during the game, that counts as a loss.
    If there is a sync/freeze error or draw, game will be replayed.

3. C7 RNB RULES v1.5:
    Reasonably Noticeable Bug (RNB) - an error, flaw, mistake, failure, or fault in the Shadow Era computer program that produces an incorrect or unexpected result, or causes a game action to behave in unintended ways. It is capable to be noticed by both players during a game and by an official ref during replay.

At any point during the game, either player (or official ref watching game live) may point out a bug, describe what they believe to be an error, and request draw. The player may accept or decline draw request. If draw request is accepted, game will be replayed.
    If opponent disagrees a bug occurred, and no official ref is present to verify if a bug occurred, both players must continue and play the game out. After the game, either players may seek counsel of an official ref to review the game to determine if a bug occurred. The official ref will determine if a bug occurred. If official ref verifies a bug occurred, game will be replayed. If official ref sees no bug occurred, original results of game will be considered valid.

If a reasonably noticeable bug is confirm to have occurred during a game, but both players failed to notice, all requests for a replay are denied after the conclusion of the game. All requests for a replay due to reasonably noticeable bug errors must be made during game. If a game is completed and no claims are made during game, results of the game are final.
    If the last action of a game is a reasonably noticeable bug, causing the game to suddenly end unexpectedly, game will be replayed.

If a player intentionally produces a SE confirmed bug, they forfeit any request for a replay due to the bug intentionally produced.
    For bugs that are easily reproducible, players are asked to refrain from intentionally producing the bug (if possible) or not to included the cards that produce bugs from their decklist . See bug thread for more information on confirmed bugs.
    Players who intentionally or unintentionally produce bugs may be disqualified based on Tournament Organizer's discretion.

4. REPORTING RULES:
    Winning player is required to submit match results
    Report result in this thread AND in the Z33k website (more on this down below).
    Example - "Bluejet24 vs. chanson311: 1 - 2 - chanson311 wins.

Any other match disputes or concerns should be send via PM to Tournament Organizer
    Official pairings will be posted in the Z33k website. I will put the link here.

5. REGISTRATION:
    The Tournament is open to the first 16 players that sign up on the Z33k site.
    To register, please read the How do I use Z33k section.
    If the registration will be closed due to 16 players already registered, write that down here and announce that you would like to register as a substitute.
    If you do not show up, I will give you spot to a substitute next in line.

6. PAIRINGS AND SEEDING:
    Z33e automatically pairs the players in a random mater. The pairings will be in the Z33k website which the link to will be posted here.

7. SCHEDULE:
    All matches must be completed ASAP. This tournament is intended to be completed within one day.
    Round 1 (estimated): 6:15 PM GMT+0
    Round 2 (estimated): 7:15 PM GMT+0
    Round 3 (estimated): 8:15 PM GMT+0
    Finals (estimated): 9:15 PM GMT+0

8. PRIZES: (A1 is sponsoring this)
    1st place: 700
    2nd place: 450
    3rd place: 250
    4th place: 100

What is Z33k?
    Z33k is a website that allows people to generate automatic tournaments. It's my favorite website to organize tournaments because everything is very clear and doesn't require a supervisor to handle.

How do I use Z33k
    1) You need to sign up to the site here. I know it's a bit of a bother, but you only need to do this once. We will be using Z33k for further tournaments so it's worth to one time registration in order to take part in the all the up coming tournaments.
    2) You need to go this tournament's page and register yourself to the tournament (there will be a link below).
    3) At the end of every match go to the match page and click the report match button. You can get to the match page from the tournament bracket, from your profile, or from the tournament match list.
    4) Brackets are posted the moment the tournament starts.
    5) Brackets update in real-time as matches are reported and approved.

NEW RULE
    We're going to use check in for this tournament to make life easier. Check in will start 1 hour before the tournament starts. If you do not check in in time, you will not participate in the tournament and the next in line will automatically take your place!

In order to check in, all you need to do is go to the tournament link 1 hour before it starts and check in.

Note: some people pointed my attention that it looks like u have to check in 1 hour before or you are out. That is NOT the case. You can START the check in 1 hour before, but you have time to check in until the tournament actually starts.

Do not check in if you are not 100% sure you can make it!

Tournament link: http://www.z33k.com/games/shadowera/...p-tournament-3
    Bracket link: http://www.z33k.com/games/shadowera/...ent-3/brackets
    Player list: http://www.z33k.com/games/shadowera/...nament-3/teams

If you have any questions, let me know.

Good luck to everyone participating!

Also if someone (cough*SolarWind*cough) would like to do some story descriptions/reports between rounds, no one is going to stop him =X
    Last edited by GreatOldOne; 02-22-2012 at 06:09 PM.
    GreatOldOne - A1's Cthulian Horror
    A1: Evolution in Theory

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cool!
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm in!
    Elder TJ

1.25 - Majiya, Elementalis 1.26 - Jericho, Amber, Gwen 1.27 - Boris, Majiya, Jericho, Gwen 1.28 - Eladwen, Logan, Amber
    1.29 - Logan, Amber, Eladwen, Moonstalker 1.30 - Gravebone, Banebow, Lance 1.50 - Lance, Majiya, Eladwen

IGN: TJ Ace

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    i'm in. (Why not?) Thanks for organizing this.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just reminding everyone who didn't notice, you need to register in the Z33k site. It's not enough (or even needed) to write that you want to participate in this thread.
    GreatOldOne - A1's Cthulian Horror
    A1: Evolution in Theory

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

CotC Sealed Deck Champion busti's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i'm in too!
    A1 alliance - Evolution in theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wasn't the Kris-GM bug fixed already in the newest version? There is still the Lance ability on ally revived by EP though, although I'm not too sure if it's considered a bug.

Interested btw

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Noooo!

Of all the week this was the picked one... Im oncall at work and lotsa processing thingy from the banks... T_T

All the best to everyone... and GOO.. I hate you!.... You know I'd die to join tourneys...

lol.. just kidding.. thanks for organizing this ol' GOO
    Team Juggernauts *ForeRunner*

IGN: TJ SO14RWIND
    LEAGUE: Red Division 3

Coming soon: Crown(12) Tournament | TWAIN Tournament | SoW Guild Challenge

“There is a difference between you and me... Yes, we both looked into the Abyss.... but when it looked back at us......you blinked!”

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    i'm in. (Why not?) Thanks for organizing this.
    Which tourneys arnt you in? Good luck

Any way i would like in and signed up
    Radioactive Jelly of Acolytes of A1
    Student's today, masters tomorrow

please look at for more info on AA1 or here for more info on A1

"For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."

-Sun Tzu