Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wtzky View Post
    I agree. Retreat is STILL one of the best cards in this game.

2cc to take the board back is well worth it. Going first on t5 you can completely clear a board with retreat + ability and still play a great t3 ally like Jas or PoTL. Or you can save it for their t6 drop and wreck their momentum (they either have to play it again or divert to deal with whatever you have played).

That said this deck probably needs a few more allies and a few less support cards.
    Retreat has been very useful to me so it's definitely not leaving the deck =) If it needs more allies, I suppose I can take out Bazaar and put in Jasmine or Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    dont listen about retreat and shrine of negatia... these are good cards. cheap to cost. retreat is one of the best cards in the game. top 3 at least.

yes, they can just recast it, yes, you used a card. ruining your opponents tempo is more devestating than having card advantage. retreating a plasma behemoth for example. that made the first casting a dead play and a waste of 5 resources.

using shrine on say... a full moon when the DC or moonstalker player thinks they are safe from damage... or on their rain delay...

card advantage means nothing if you dont play the cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanniati View Post
    You need Ley Line in the deck. The first time you see spelleater bands played against you and you don't have Ley Line, you will cry.
    I'll don't think I can take out anymore cards, so it's down to either Shrine or Nexus. I don't think I've played with enough variety of opponents to tell which one is better yet. I haven't met Spelleater Bands yet, for example. I'll have to test it a lot more.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Retreat is always good. I think you can make use of that 3 card space better with something else than Shrine, especially with this kind of deck. I would keep LLNs.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanniati View Post
    You need Ley Line in the deck. The first time you see spelleater bands played against you and you don't have Ley Line, you will cry.
    But how many people actually run spelleater bands? ...Thats right, no one...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew Two View Post
    But how many people actually run spelleater bands? ...Thats right, no one...
    No wonder people think mages are top. Spelleater bands > Mage biscuits ;-)
    Raz (Sebastian)
    Creative Game Designer
    --
    (Was once a member of the Wulven Design-Team)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    LLN is not only for Spelleater Bands.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think it's a bad idea to replace Bazaar with allies. The moment I did it, I lost my next three games, arguably due to lack of draw power. Realising how good draw power is, I've replaced Bazaar with Tome of Knowledge. I've removed Kristoffer and Aldon, replacing them with Jasmine and Priest, which worked much better. These changes seem to make my deck more powerful and more in control. As for item destruction, I'm still undecided, but I'll leave it as Ley Line Nexus for now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What do you guys think about removing 3x Ley Line Nexus and 1x Dagger of Unmaking, and adding in 2x Poison Gas and 2x Engulfing Flames. I hardly every used Ley Line Nexus, and the extra dps could help a lot.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If your experience shows you don't need to use LLN, i.e. destroying the opponent before they make good use of their weapon/armor, those DOT cards would be fine instead of LLN and 1 DoU.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Maybe part of the reason I hardly use LLN is because I sac it if I don't need to use it immidiately most of the time. I hardly keep it, and even if I do, it gets sacked a few turns later when I have no better cards to sac. So a lot of the time when there IS something I can destroy with LLN, I don't have the card. But I still manage to deal with it. Most of the time, by the time a 5 cost item comes out, the opponent would be in his dying moments, and I'd be busy finishing him off.