Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

1.3 darkclaw ideas?

Now that we know in 1.3, darkclaw stall/mill decks will unlikely be as viable, is this a good time to start thinking about how we can start integrating allies in, or even re-envisioning him altogether (DC's a he, right?)

At first, a weapon-based DC deck seems like it has quite a number of synergies going for it. If you draw first, 3rd turn speedstrike, followed by 4th turn jeweler's dream->ability->attack twice->shadow font or shadowspawn can be a fairly potent combo, either nullifying the opponent's ability, or setting you up for another blitzrieg next turn. Or if you go ability first->sliver of shadow, this lets you deal 4 damage twice, perfect for taking down that jasmine+aldon combo.

As for complementary allies, I am wondering whether to go the cheap weenie route, or field more expensive fatties such as behemoth and shadow knight?

I am currently trying out an ally-based DC deck in 1.29, but having mixed results with it, most notably a lack of card draw and general inability to deal with weapons/armour. Should I try to pass off as a normal DC first, then play my allies later on when I am certain my opponent has sacced all his anti-ally cards?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've also been experimenting with darkclaw. I use the same JD+speedstrike combo. It works very well with Keldor and PB. For draw, wulven tracker, and sac lamb or bad Santa work. If you use sac lamb rather than bad Santa, wrath of the forest with weenies rather than fatties works well. The new fangs of the predator is very nice because with speedstrike and DC ability, it can do 8 damage a turn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    OP, have you been playing on the test server?
    Do NOT Click Here