Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes, I've played against some rather clever mage players, even here at the 330 mark. I haven't come close to hitting a brick wall playing almost solely with my Banebow deck or this new Ter Adun deck I've been using. Original deck ideas can do well. I'm not sure if those two decks will carry me into the 400s, but time will tell.

Either way, glad to see some thought being given to decks that no one (at least not that I've come across PvP) is playing.

I like there to be a little mystery to my deck against a player. I would love to play against the priest mill deck. Unfortunately, they're not being built en masse, and so I'll likely not encounter one.

Can't wait for the new card releases.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You know, I can't test out the theory, but I'll bet that a well constructed priest deck could be quite lethal to my Ter Adun, with all of its permanent destruction and untargeted creature kill. Hmm... Good thing for me no one ever plays priests, haha.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've hit a wall even now at 280. All the godamn Eladwen decks. can't beat them at all as soon as they pull out sandra. sucks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I managed to get to 318 with my priest deck. I'am still trying out different builds and the only build I can beat Eladwin with is to be defensive until he runs out of cards. I think 1 of the 3 matches against Eladwen is a win. But would like to play more to none Eladwin decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I dunno how they're going to balance it. the current eladwin deck is at a lean 35 cards with 4 sandras and heavy on destroy resources. I can't find a way out of it, even with a defensive priest.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think a Priest can beat a Mage if the Mage doesn't play Portal. But...who's going to play Mage without Portal?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey first time post. I've been playing for a couple of weeks now. Started with Eladwen... but since there are so many, and the power concern (and the fact I'm not trying to climb the ranks)... I wanted something different.

I dabbled but settled on a Priest Deck. Right out of the gate I was totally unstoppable. I ranged around 40-45 cards, high yes - however almost all of my games (Eladwens) ended with the opponent using his entire deck, and taking damage from not being able to draw. Wulvens were overrun and outpaced, (now THAT is a long game, hitting almost an hour each time, using the entire deck.) Thank god for resurrection.

But now, well. I've hit a wall and I'm falling fast. Eladwens have smartened up... and since thats 80% of my opponents at the 330+ level, well. It's boring again.

Seriously, 9 out of 10 of my matches end before they start, they simply quite as soon as they don't get first action, or they don't like their first deal. Cowards!

So this Priest goes back to the Church for contemplation.
    Last edited by Jacked; 03-18-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Зачем всего один бедсанда, и где посохи?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by albov View Post
    Зачем всего один бедсанда, и где посохи?
    If you see that every single response is in English, why don't you try that language if you want any response?
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by albov View Post
    Why only one bedsanda and where staff?
    Freaking love Google Translate!

I have to say, it can be really fun to read through these necroposts. This one was way before my time, and it's so funny to see players talking about how sadly underpowered priests are, and how absolutely devastating an ally Sandra is. Sandra = GG. ROFL! Oh yeah, and how dominant mages are and how they'll inevitably get the total nerf everyone's waiting for. Uhhhh..... yeah.

Great stuff! Once we have an expansion or two on the books, it would probably be a fun feature to be able to play a retro-mode match, using cards as they were back in a particular version. Then again, the logistics of reverting back to older card states just for those games would probably make it impossible. Unless you go with a "retro-server" approach, the way you have the test server, so it would probably be web-only anyway. Still, an interesting concept.