Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Any high level players use a Priest deck?

They have got some good cards, just wondering if anyone uses a Priest deck?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    dont know if I qualify as a high level player, being around 400. I built a priest deck yesterday, and was able to win with it a few times. I played a Zhanna deck with 4 tidal waves and 4 aeons. The main reason for my success was that my opponents overcommitted by playing all the allies on their hand, expecting a fast win, a perfect time for the wave. then I drop multiple Aeons and use two plagues at once to leave them crippled and unable to deal with them.

This is not my main deck and it's not en par with the typical 400+ deck played by guys who understand the game.
    future Rogue 4 life.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Would you be able to post your deck?

At least then I will be able to get some ideas.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    sure. Please keep in mind that I dont claim that it's a "good" deck, but definitely fun to play.

Zhanna flood the world deck

35 cards

Allies: 13
    2 Aldon the Brave
    3 Jasmine Rosecult
    4 Sandra Trueblade
    4 Aeon Stormcaller

Abilities: 21
    4 Bazaar
    2 Retreat!
    1 Reinforced Armor
    3 Smite
    3 Destroy Arms
    1 Resurrection
    3 Plague
    4 Tidal Wave

The strategy is getting Bazaar out early to get the stuff you need and to give the opponent many allies to play, which will be wasted anyway.
    Turn three is tricky, but playing an ally is probably worth it.
    Turn four is Sandra, always. Playing allies yourself covers the intention of 'waving' and might absorb blake hits and/or shadow energy. If he has a portal, get rid of it, it's your priority no1, never use Destroy Arms on research.
    Now you can think about waving, even if you have an ally left, just don't forget to hero attack first. If he only has one ally you can smite+attack.
    As soon as all threat is gone you can throw down your Aeons. (if your afraid of mind control or mass-removal, play only one at a time. If he mind controls, you can wave again. Only if you sort of have control over the game consider using plague(s).

Ressource Management: throw away early Resurrections, Reinforced armors (mainly against darkclaw) and Plagues. Keep your allies in general, or you could run out enough damage sources. No1 ressource priority are obsolete bazaars, of course.
    future Rogue 4 life.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cool idea, I dont like Plague, especially if you are playing Sandra so I will replace with either Healing Touch or Rain Delay. I have took out Reinforced Armor and added another Smite.

Ive gone for something like

Hero: Zhanna

Allies: 14
    2 Aldon the Brave
    3 Jasmine Rosecult
    4 Sandra Trueblade
    4 Aeon Stormcaller

Abilities: 21
    4 Bazaar
    4 Smite
    4 Tidal Wave
    3 Destroy Arms
    3 Healing Touch
    2 Retreat
    1 Resurrection
    Last edited by TotallyImba; 03-08-2011 at 06:17 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    zhanna decks are the only ones i see around the 300-400 level. currently though they just can't win against players that know what they are doing or are aware of tidal wave. i've never been plagued before though, that must suck.

i just had a match vs a zhanna less than 12hrs ago. i ended up with a perfect game. no life loss, though they could've hit me in the end but decided to hit my ally. the bazaar helps me too much. i played 3 portals that match and every time they destroy arms me it killed what they could do that turn. my deck is filled with 3-4 resource cards that burns so they can't maintain any sort of board presence.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree, bazaar sort of sucks. It increases your opponents chance to draw ressource destruction and at 2/3 ressources the priest decks are pretty much helpless...
    therefore I'd love to see a drawing item for every hero that only makes yourself draw, mage and warrior have a big advantage with them.
    future Rogue 4 life.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    One problem I have now is that destroy arms sometimes doesn't come out in time to take out a portal and even if it does, the mage is so far ahead that I can barely keep up. alot of mages use sandra strats as well, so it makes it very difficult to get to the point where I can use a tide. so frustrating.

Also, I've come to a point where I'm heading north of 50 cards as a priest. Is there any indication what an optimal number for a priest deck is? I'm assuming there's a cap too, right?
    Last edited by Wetworks; 03-10-2011 at 09:28 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bazaars should be kept for the end when you have all the cards needed to control the board or to balance out a blood frenzy. Use only two and sacrifice the first if you are not sure you need to play it.

Plagues are rarely used because it is a black or white card: if you have the upper hand (creatures on the board and card advantage) this card seals the game, but if you don't have the upper hand this card is useless. I don't think we have enough cheap critters to guarantee plague will be used, and after a while the card does not make a big difference, so you might want to replace them and use a more reliable card.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Priest Janna deck is my f1rst deck in the game. I'm up to rating 249 after 7 hours. 13 wins 2 loses. It's really hard deck with different tactics.

(Как сыграю еще игр 20 напишу гайд на русском языке. Надеюсь его не удалят ).