Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I love broken English.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dndfreak View Post
    4, no ban list!! This is the best major development I have seen, there is no card to powerful as they have play tested them thoroughly and made changes when needed. This has also lead to the use of 'unique' meaning only one of a card on the field at a time on your side. But you can have as many as you like. *
    There's no banlist because there's only one set and because up until this point wulven has just changed and erattad cards instead of just banning them. Once the print run is finally finalized and this game is tangible that will no longer be the case and bannings, various formats and all other sorts of things will come in due time, same as any other game.

I for my opinion, hope that even though physikal cards will be printed soon, changes in the programmed game will happen directly and not in form off banning cards.
    Yeah, of course the physikal cards wonīt match completly with the virtual ones, but I think it is more important to maintain the "real" game, instead of the cards. Because this plattform is one of the only things that make this game so unique "hiding from dndfreak".

You could treat the physikal cards as kind of placeholder, taking not the effekt written on the card but instead the one written on the website.

Even if the physikal cards are coming soon, there arenīt enough people to play it regualry all over the world. The biggest part will alway play Shadow Era in the internet. And therefor this game will be unique for all of us. It would be sad if this advantage would be destroyed by banning cards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dndfreak View Post
    Harry potter tcg: There's no life total. All damage effects force the opponent to discard cards from their deck. Players draw a card and are then limited to two actions per turn, which include drawing extra cards, playing lessons (like lands or resources), casting spells, or summoning creatures. Combat happens for each player at the beginning of that player's upkeep, they choose for each creature to damage an enemy creature or the opponent, however the oldest creature must always be the target. Creatures are kept in order in play and the oldest creature has to die before the next can fall victim to enemy creatures. HPtcg also features wizard cards representing the various characters from the series such as harry, ron and hermione, as well as the various antagonists and some that are barely if at all mentioned in the movies or novels. They all have various effects, some active and some passive, but generally they compliment only one or two schools of magic and one specific strategy, making wizard choice a fairly obvious tell. If I remember correctly, however, you can actually include more wizard cards in your deck and replace your starting one throughout the course of the game if you so choose. I may be wrong on that though, it's been a LONG time since I played.

YYHtcg: Fairly simplistic. Each player starts the game with four fighters set up in a row with the ability to play a 5th throughout the game, however only the first starts face up. Each player has the same set card amount at all times (refilled to max during the draw step), and different attacks, techniques, equipment, etc all require costs in the way of discarding cards from your hand. In other words, the game becomes one of weighing between taking more actions in a single turn or playing more powerful yet fewer cards. Fighters are rotated 90 degrees each time they're damaged (like the Naruto tcg), only they can be damaged more than once. When a fighter is turned 360 degrees, he's replaced with the next one in that player's row. The game ends when one player runs out of fighters.

The HP tcg obtained quite a following and lasted a few years, which most tcgs with an ip attached rarely manage to do. YYH, on the other hand, fell victim to that trap and didn't last very long. Both of them are pretty innovative relative to a lot of other games out there, and if you can find some of either in bulk for cheap and a group willing to play with you, I'd give them a go.
    Dang, those actually sound like fun. Huge YYH and HP fan so this got me hyped. I'll keep my eye out on those

Thanks for the share, you sure do know your CCGs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is there a free or freemium one like Shadow Era though? That may be enough to consider SE as unique I think.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmet476 View Post
    Is there a free or freemium one like Shadow Era though? That may be enough to consider SE as unique I think.
    I think Urban Rivals work on a much similar scheme. You have money and credits, money buys cards from the in game market, with prices fluctuating due to supply and demand, and credits buys booster packs for getting new cards.

Question for dndfreak: What is your background to CCGs, if you don't mind me asking =)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmet476 View Post
    Yes, plenty. There's TONS. From virtual-only games such as the Maple Story iTCG, Urban Rivalz, Dance with Dragons, Eredian, Elements, to actual tangibles like Yu-Gi-Oh Online, Pokemon Online, Chaotic, etc... And also people have been playing tcgs online for free for ages thanks to things like Magic Workstation, Apprentice, Cockatrice, CardTable, CCGLackey, tradecardsonline.com... SE may have been alone on portable devices, but a quick look on the app store tells you that's not even true anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by kace View Post
    Question for dndfreak: What is your background to CCGs, if you don't mind me asking =)
    I started up with (oddly enough) Yu-Gi-Oh and not magic when that came out in 1998 (I was like 6 at the time) and moved on straight to Magic within that very year. I fell in love with the mix of strategy, bluffing and pure variance that TCGs manage to put together and I dabbled my hand in pretty much every one to see print for a LONG time. I also spent almost a year writing strategy and tournament reports for Magic, up until around I started getting really entwined in the community here and started helping out the DT.

A quick list of some of the games I've played, off the top of my head. By no means think of it as comprehensive. I especially tend to forget the browser-based tcg since they usually have relatively poor polish, mechanics, and economy.

mtg
    yugioh
    wowtcg
    lotrtcg
    duel masters
    pokemon
    dbztcg
    naruto tcg
    spongebob squarepants tcg
    kingdon hearts tcg
    harry potter tcg
    epic
    yuyuhakusho tcg
    Zatch Bell tcg
    fullmetal alchemist tcg
    mighty bean tcg
    shadow era
    VS system
    Magi-Nation
    elements
    urban rivalz
    monster rancher
    SNK vs Capcom
    eredian
    mtg: tactics
    Warstorm
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I miss Spellfire, I played that game for a long time.
    "The stars shine like the love of god...cold and remote."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks dndfreak. I actually played some Pokemon Online TCG for a little, still playing but couldn't think of that. That's a very big list. I didn't realize there were so many online ccgs before. And Naruto has one too? Gotta check that out ;D

Btw, Urban Rivalz is crap compared to SE. Sorry if there are UR fans here.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No those aren't all online, at least online officially. Any TCG can be played online pretty much if you have the right client (which is usually LackeyCCG)
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorenarra View Post
    I miss Spellfire, I played that game for a long time.
    I miss that game as well it was such angood game!! Am I right in thinking that magic was based off of spellfire?