Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Sudden realization of sinister proportions

If you post your deck people will know about it.

What does this mean you ask?
    Thank you captain obvious you say?

If people know your deck, then two things will happen:
    1) Noobs will copy it and make it better or worse depending
    2) Pros will adjust their decks and strategies to deal with your new deck

You then lose the "stupid mistakes" advantage that underdogs thrive on, and you spawn an innumerable amount of wannabe decks exactly like yours or very similar.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    this is a sudden realization? wow.

yes, obviously if you post a deck the surprise factor is gone.

but there are some benefits to posting, like getting others' thoughts and opinions on the deck, getting credit for being the first to make the deck (cause any opponent later can build their own anyways after seeing yours), and just being helpful/friendly to others in general.

there's no rewards for this game as of yet, so no need to be secretive and cutthroat. yet.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What would you do if someone posted a deck that was really good and anouther person posted a deck that was less good but always could beat the first deck.
    Would you have anouther sudden realization? Which deck would you use? Would this mean a stop error?

Kind Regards
    Peter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you use a top tier deck the opponent knows it card-by-card just seeing your Hero.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I've been posting blogs discussing decks and gameplay, even though I know it could hurt my performance, just to up the overall level of play of the community, because a more challenging opponent is more fun. I've been mulling around an article entitled something like "Please don't play Bazaar turn 2 when I went first" just because I have run into soooo many people who don't seem to realize how horrifically bad that play is.
    Constructed deck power level should not be a consideration when setting the rarity of a card.
    Frustrated by the lack of in-game chat? Talkinate! http://talkinator.com/t8r.jsp?b=ShadowEra

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fry View Post
    I've been posting blogs discussing decks and gameplay, even though I know it could hurt my performance, just to up the overall level of play of the community, because a more challenging opponent is more fun. I've been mulling around an article entitled something like "Please don't play Bazaar turn 2 when I went first" just because I have run into soooo many people who don't seem to realize how horrifically bad that play is.
    I realized that a long while ago. On my 2nd turn u have less cards in hand so when I play bazaar you get the card advantage.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ^^ aww, i would still do it, because in some decks you have to if you want to keep any kind of tempo, elemental decks is what comes to mind since they don't have many draw capabilities. currently it's the only hero i would recommend playing it against mages.

to the OP, i just posted my elementalis deck in the elementalis thread x_X. but it doesn't matter, most people have the same idea, they just don't seem to pull it off as well or often as I do, or at least that's the case when they play me =)

and besides, top players, or just players in general actually watch matches take place when they see a top player is playing, and definitely if 2 top players are playing against each other. they could then easily make notes of strategy and cards in the deck. you can get 80-90% of a deck just by watching a match.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    It's not even the card advantage, it's the tempo. If I lead with Blake and you play Bazaar, next turn I'm going to play Aldon and crack for 4, and there are no allies you can play on turn 3 that have a good matchup against a board of Blake + Aldon, so you're probably taking another 3 or 7 damage on my turn 4. You're now way behind on damage dealt AND board position, AND you've been feeding me a ton of cards so I can sculpt my resource plays to continue curving out on turns 4-6. It's going to be very, VERY hard for you to recover from that, no matter what deck you're playing.
    Constructed deck power level should not be a consideration when setting the rarity of a card.
    Frustrated by the lack of in-game chat? Talkinate! http://talkinator.com/t8r.jsp?b=ShadowEra

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thing is: just don't play Bazaar.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by guustavooo View Post
    Thing is: just don't play Bazaar.
    ..in most decks.

it has a place in a few