Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moonstalker

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The issue I'm having right now is Aeon... a good opponent summons him, and him alone. with Reinforced armor. I can't do anything. lol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Currently sitting at around 300 rating with the new version of this deck.. I think I can climb a bit higher but I don't think it'll surpass 400.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Moonstalker

oo4 | Rabid Bite
    oo4 | Captured Prey
    oo4 | Now You're Mine
    oo4 | Speedstrike
    oo4 | Regeneration
    oo4 | Full Moon
    oo4 | Lone Wolf

oo4 | What Big Teeth
    oo4 | Bazaar
    oo4 | Rain Delay

41 cards in all

This is what I roll with when I'm not at work and I'm at 360ish rating atm. I've only lost with it once to a deck with 4 Plasma B's(which I killed all of them) and a bad hand.

I don't use Bad Santa's, because I haven't had a time during a match where I really felt I needed one. I might add them in the future.

I play the patience game. I take a lot of dmg at the begining of the game, while minimizing dmg with Now You're Mine, Rabid Bite and Lone Wolf. I don't sacrafice every turn even at the beggining of the match. I tend to sac Regeneration against Human decks and save them for Shadow decks(because of Plasma B).

I tend to save my Captured Prey's for Aeon or Plasma B.

I don't begin to use Moonstalker's ability till after turn 10(there's a bug where the Shadow Orbs keep counting in the background past the 10 cap, so you can use his ability like 5 times in a row if need be).

I save my Rain Delay's and Full Moons for end game. I have efectively stayed unattackable(minus spells) for 13+ turns in a row. Most people quit because of this : )

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Why 4x Speedstrike?

I see that a lot of people report (or suggest) to play with 4x Speedstrike, but I canīt understand why exactly. I donīt think Moonstalker needs to go aggro against opponentīs allies, may be because he cannot afford to do this, IMHO. I would suggest to play just 2x Speedstrike and to use the free slots to add 2x Behemoth.
    Bazaar is a fundamental card, basically because it speeds up both decks, granting similar adavantages to both players, but leading the opponent to run out of cards before of you. In addition to Bazaar, I play two Bad Santas, but I use them just at the end of the game. Then, 4x Full Moon, 4x Rain delay...
    We have to bear in mind that Moonstalker wins mainly by decking opponent to death and in my experience heīs very effective in doing this...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    4x Speed Strike is just a peice of the combo... I personally think Moonstalker is better than Darkclaw because of his ability. Yes, Darkclaw will take a lot less Pyshical punishment. But, the Ability to become completely untargetable for X turns... combos just too well with lone wolf. But yes, What Big Teeth, Speedstrike, and Lone Wolf is a necessary combo on Moonstalker if you want to win.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkon View Post
    4x Speed Strike is just a peice of the combo...
    I play Moonstalker as you, but I still canīt figure out how this deck might go aggro against opponentīs allies, basically because to kill Sandra, for instance, you take 6 damages back. I always play very defensively with Moonstalker, especially because it might be a risk to take additional damages when you have to resist to Eladwen horde, etc... But probably weīre talking about two different ways to interpret the same deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You don't run into enemy allies. You let them hit you until they're low enough to pick off. Also, it helps take down a captured aeon. You can also pick off an Allie and hit the hero. And with moonstalker every point of damage counts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Okay. I officially beat Mage decks 90% of the time. Elemental is about 80%. Hunter is 100% sadly. And warrior is about 70.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Since the update I've tried playing my beloved Moonstalker and Darkclaw.. My honest opinion is that both Decks as of right now are underpowered and with the current game state. I'll try to make a working Moonstalker deck and no I'm not crying for buffs. But in future sets or updates I'd like to see something usable for Wulven.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    any ways of how to utilise Warth of the forest?