Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    facing this deck right now against a guy named rendark. switched to my zal deck. wasn't expecting this. he can see my hand too, bet he was surprised to see me holding 3 sparks lol. but he ended up killing them all in one turn cause of arrows and ability

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, if anyone else would like to test out my Banebow deck and give me any suggestions or critiques, it'd be appreciated. Thanks to those above who gave feedback!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    okay, guy ended up quitting when it was obvious he lost on like 9th turn. it was a bad match up for him because of my ability. he had different cards in his deck though like a bazaar he played late game. he was boardless and planted a behemoth which would've been trouble except a drew a mind control, gg.

it was pretty close in the beginning though, he just lost steam mid way even though i had a bazaar out 2nd turn which i thought i might regret but it's necessary for me to have it out or i'll lose steam.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by autumnleaf View Post
    facing this deck right now against a guy named rendark. switched to my zal deck. wasn't expecting this. he can see my hand too, bet he was surprised to see me holding 3 sparks lol. but he ended up killing them all in one turn cause of arrows and ability
    @autumnleaf - can you switch decks just before the game starts??

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    okay, guy ended up quitting when it was obvious he lost on like 9th turn. it was a bad match up for him because of my ability. he had different cards in his deck though like a bazaar he played late game. he was boardless and planted a behemoth which would've been trouble except a drew a mind control, gg.

it was pretty close in the beginning though, he just lost steam mid way even though i had a bazaar out 2nd turn which i thought i might regret but it's necessary for me to have it out or i'll lose steam.
    Yeah, I took the 2x Bad Santa out and put in 3x Bazaar. That makes me have 36 cards, but, that's 3 Bazaar and 2 Surprise Attack for card draw. That made a big difference in terms of being able to keep the lock down coming or the creatures flowing. Good suggestion from someone earlier.

Okay, so on the far-fetched chance that Banebow becomes a frequent archetype moving forward, I'm coining the term "Bow-lock" right now. This is when you have enough shadow energy in reserve to blast your opponent to 0 before he has any reasonable chance of killing you. For instance, you're @ 7 life, I am at 22; I have 6 shadow energy saved. You have 5 resources down and two cards in hand. Now, it doesn't really matter what you draw, you aren't going to kill me with ANY three or four cards (not 22 damage, anyway) and I WILL blast you with Banebow on the next two consecutive turns. That's bow-lock.

Haha, okay, I'm done being retarded now. But, serious, if this deck does become popular, I want a royalty check if people start using the term bow-lock! =)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsolete View Post
    @autumnleaf - can you switch decks just before the game starts??
    no, i switched decks before i entered pvp. just happened to be a deck that favored the match up.

Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    Yeah, I took the 2x Bad Santa out and put in 3x Bazaar. That makes me have 36 cards, but, that's 3 Bazaar and 2 Surprise Attack for card draw. That made a big difference in terms of being able to keep the lock down coming or the creatures flowing. Good suggestion from someone earlier.

Okay, so on the far-fetched chance that Banebow becomes a frequent archetype moving forward, I'm coining the term "Bow-lock" right now. This is when you have enough shadow energy in reserve to blast your opponent to 0 before he has any reasonable chance of killing you. For instance, you're @ 7 life, I am at 22; I have 6 shadow energy saved. You have 5 resources down and two cards in hand. Now, it doesn't really matter what you draw, you aren't going to kill me with ANY three or four cards (not 22 damage, anyway) and I WILL blast you with Banebow on the next two consecutive turns. That's bow-lock.

Haha, okay, I'm done being retarded now. But, serious, if this deck does become popular, I want a royalty check if people start using the term bow-lock! =)
    i think bazaar helps the opponent too much. especially mage decks which would otherwise spend a turn playing research and 2 mana ongoing for the ability. i do think it'll be something to reckon with once weapons come out. if this deck had anything like big teeth i would've been done for, of course you wouldn't get it for as cheap as dark claw.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    no, i switched decks before i entered pvp. just happened to be a deck that favored the match up.

i do think it'll be something to reckon with once weapons come out. if this deck had anything like big teeth i would've been done for, of course you wouldn't get it for as cheap as dark claw.
    I mean, you DO recognize that Banebow *does* have a weapon. And though he can't do one point per turn in an attack, he does average 1.3 damage per turn to an opponent if that's what you use his ability for. And I mean, why not? Darkclaw doesn't have any damage ability that you'd be using either, other than Big Teeth. Banebow just lets you focus that 1.3 damage per turn in a little more elegant and useful form. ie you can kill allies OR heroes with it.

(EDIT) But yes, if they come out with any kind of buffs for hunters in the next release I think this deck will see a lot more mainstream play.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    I mean, you DO recognize that Banebow *does* have a weapon. And though he can't do one point per turn in an attack, he does average 1.3 damage per turn to an opponent if that's what you use his ability for. And I mean, why not? Darkclaw doesn't have any damage ability that you'd be using either, other than Big Teeth. Banebow just lets you focus that 1.3 damage per turn in a little more elegant and useful form. ie you can kill allies OR heroes with it.

(EDIT) But yes, if they come out with any kind of buffs for hunters in the next release I think this deck will see a lot more mainstream play.
    while banebow does have an amazing ability the lack of specialized allies to deal damage is quite evident. and with several cards that enhances equipment capabilities like rapid fire it is obvious that hunters were meant to be played with weapons to make up for the lack of allies.

edit: also, it's not just 1pt of damage per turn. it's 1 pt of damage and then 1 damage whenever it is hit by an opposing ally which make the consequences of attacking much greater.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    while banebow does have an amazing ability the lack of specialized allies to deal damage is quite evident. and with several cards that enhances equipment capabilities like rapid fire it is obvious that hunters were meant to be played with weapons to make up for the lack of allies.
    I only slightly disagree with you on allies. While he doesn't have access to some of the nice human allies, infernal gargoyle is probably the best bang for your buck ally in the game for 3 cost. And, when coupled with Banebow's ability, I would prefer Brutalis over a Puwen, for sure, just because of his staying power.

it's not just 1pt of damage per turn. it's 1 pt of damage and then 1 damage whenever it is hit by an opposing ally which make the consequences of attacking much greater.
    Very true, indeed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Okay, I a revemaped the deck idea once more, and removed the two Bad Wolf cards and replaced them with two Poison Arrows. The deck needed more control, and honestly, it's never really hurting for allies, so it was a worthwhile trade out. They are coming in handy, for sure.