Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Tbh I think right now with so many eladwen decks out there it revolves to heavily on death trapping an aoen. You have to take into consideration that the higher win percentage could revolve heavily on your above stated fact that this is just not a deck you ever see. For me personally when i see a face down i throw a junk puwen out to pop the trap. with a eladwen deck and portal its very easy to mo down 4-5 creatures in one turn.
    Last edited by DMT Tree; 03-07-2011 at 08:50 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, and Banebow's ability to split that damage up between allies and player is pretty key. I've killed a number of players because of Banebow's direct burn. Especially if they don't get a rush with creatures out there early on and I'm able to use Death Trap and Flaming Arrows for creature kill, it's not uncommon for me to have 5-6 shadow energy saved up and be able to pop off his 4 damage two turns in a row.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As for Aeon, I agree with you. He's really the only ally I have any fear of. But, again, usually by the time he comes out, I've got a critter or two in play, shadow energy in reserve for Banebow's 4 damage, and/or a flaming arrows card. He's really not all THAT hard to deal with. BUT, if I can't deal with him for more than one round, and then they pop out a horde of Portalings the following turn, the deck crumbles pretty consistently.
    Last edited by BlanketEffect; 03-07-2011 at 08:55 PM. Reason: typo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Using Banebow isn't the problem. It's just that it's not so much a Banebow deck as it is an ally deck using Banebow as the hero. The hunter cards are mostly interchangeable with other cards right now, which is why you don't really see hunters. They were designed quite heavily around weapons, and there aren't any yet.

Personally, I have a Banebow deck in the works just waiting for weapons to be released.
    My music.
    Cthulhu fhtagn...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with you about hunters. It was just nice to be able to build a solid, competitive deck that could still take Eladwen and Darkclaw at least 50% of the time, if not more. Mostly this thread was me just being pleased with myself for just having started this game and having designed a deck that is just as competitive and consistent as any other deck type I have seen played.

It's just nice to design an 'original' deck that beats ass, you know? And, if you can be the first to coin it, you know, that's pretty cool, too

(EDIT)
    And, as far as the hunter cards being interchangeable, I only partially agree. I mean, I'd say this deck is every bit as competitive in terms of its W/L ratio as a cliche Eladwen deck, and I've never once seen it played. This tells me that either the deck sucks (which, experience has thus shown me that it doesn't) or, that no one had figured out yet how to use a hero like Banebow (who has a superior hero ability to Eladwen) and marry him with a deck that still got the rest of the job done without being able to just load up on Fireballs and Lightning Bolts.
    Last edited by BlanketEffect; 03-07-2011 at 09:39 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    You do seem quite concerned with your ego
    My music.
    Cthulhu fhtagn...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In fact, with the exception of Darkclaw, are there any other solid and consistent winning decks that don't involve a wizard hero, shadow or otherwise? Because, other than Portal-Burn, I haven't seen a really consistent deck design out there other than Darkclaw. Changing the hero you use for Portal-Burn doesn't make it a different deck. The Banebow deck above is pretty unique, actually, now that I think about it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Montag451 View Post
    You do seem quite concerned with your ego
    It is the single most important thing in the universe, afterall.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    In fact, with the exception of Darkclaw, are there any other solid and consistent winning decks that don't involve a wizard hero, shadow or otherwise? Because, other than Portal-Burn, I haven't seen a really consistent deck design out there other than Darkclaw. Changing the hero you use for Portal-Burn doesn't make it a different deck. The Banebow deck above is pretty unique, actually, now that I think about it.
    I have good success with my Boris Skullcrusher deck:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....kullcrusher-v2

I'm 421 but I use both Boris and Darkclaw depending on my mood.

It is nice, however, to see a good Banebow deck. Good job.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    Kyle posted statistics a bit ago, and Zaladar was #2 most common deck. It's what I play.
    My music.
    Cthulhu fhtagn...