or

4x Gargoyle
    4x Snake/Brutalis
    4x Death Bone
    2x Chimera

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovai View Post
    Secondly, how would you build a slower deck that kept the board clear. . . seems to me at this point, the win condition is whether or not I can keep up with Eladwen + Portal. It's hit or miss... I wonder if there's a way to just slow play it until she's out of allies. I doubt it.
    Good question. Not sure it's possible at this point. Would probably start with something like

4x Here Be Monsters
    Max Traps
    Max Arrows
    2-3 Tracking?
    4x Bloodlust

Snake, Brutalis, Gargoyle, Deathbone

The idea would be to trap & burn like crazy and burn those resources to keep her from getting Portal out and casting the bigger human allies. Later on you'd want tracking to know how to best lay traps. And use cheap allies with good staying power from the 4 damage ability, using Bloodlust to pound. The idea would be to be able to trap and summon an ally in same turn, keeping pressure up. Would probably need a card draw like Bazaar to keep up the pressure.

Wish the game supported multiple saved decks per hero, would like to try it out.
    Guild: Marksmen | Name/Game Center ID: Smerle

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, one thing for certain. Mage decks, sure I can handle them, priest decks no problem. Warrior decks, yep got it. Darkclaw... meh, not so much.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I wish I could get a Darkclaw game. Mage after mage after mage....
    Guild: Marksmen | Name/Game Center ID: Smerle

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good discussion, guys. I like some of the ideas I've seen here. Here is my final (or at least the latest) incarnation of my Banebow deck, after much tweaking, I think I've gotten it as potent as it's going to be for the cards available right now.

Banebow
    4x Infernal Gargoyle
    4x Brutalis
    4x Fire Snake
    1x Plasma Behemoth
    3x Chimera
    2x Poison Arrow
    2x Flaming Arrow
    4x Death Trap
    2x Surprise Attack
    2x Bloodlust
    3x Rain Delay
    3x Extra Sharp
    2x Bazaar
    3x Bad Santa

(Edit) It's important to use two of each of the arrows, so you can stack them if ever need be. Two Flaming Arrows won't stack, but a Poison and Flaming will. (/Edit)

As someone pointed out above, if a late game Aeon comes out, that's about the only thing you have to fear. But, if you know your deck inside and out, you shouldn't ever have to take more than one hit from Aeon, if that. I have a bigger problem dealing with a late game horde drop. If Eladwen gets 4 or 5 guys dropped on me in the span of a turn or two, it gets bad for me. Otherwise, this deck eats Eladwen for dinner in almost any other scenerio.

(And yes, if you can go first and get the turn two Bad Santa drop, nothing feels better than drawing three, your opponent drawing one, and then he misses his draw phase because of it!)
    Last edited by BlanketEffect; 03-11-2011 at 11:14 PM. Reason: typo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh, and something great I've found about opponents casting Deathbone: If you've got a Death Trap down, and they drop a Deathbone, when Death Trap kills him, he deals his 3 damage to the caster! =) Talk about a double whammy!

I can only imagine the "WTF" looks on their faces when it happens to them, LOL.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    Good discussion, guys. I like some of the ideas I've seen here. Here is my final (or at least the latest) incarnation of my Banebow deck, after much tweaking, I think I've gotten it as potent as it's going to be for the cards available right now.
    (Edit) It's important to use two of each of the arrows, so you can stack them if ever need be. Two Flaming Arrows won't stack, but a Poison and Flaming will. (/Edit)
    I'm gonna give this a try. Looks like fun.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    Oh, and something great I've found about opponents casting Deathbone: If you've got a Death Trap down, and they drop a Deathbone, when Death Trap kills him, he deals his 3 damage to the caster! =) Talk about a double whammy!

I can only imagine the "WTF" looks on their faces when it happens to them, LOL.
    That happens too when he's killed by any condition, in this case flaming or poison arrow.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So if I flaming arrow deathbone he'll do his 3 damage to his owner when he burns? Wonder if that's by design or if it is going to be addressed in a patch.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't know wether this is official or not, but I remember reading somewhere that the thing behind his ability is that he "magically explodes" damaging anyone near him when killed. This would explain the damage done to the owner when killed by poison or flaming. Although when killed by a spell or banebow's ability, it does damage back to the attacker. I think these sort of things should at least be covered a lot more thoroughly somewhere. Since there is a great deal of inconsistency with his ability.
    Last edited by Zellow; 03-13-2011 at 07:19 PM. Reason: check http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?163-Deathbone