Close

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

32-man Tournament this Weekend - Saturday 5pm GMT onwards

Greetings Everyone!

Its your favorite time of the week again, and YES we are responding to the requests of a Saturday tourney this time and with +24 hours notice... So hear we go, buckle-up and get ready for the ride..

Also, please take special note of the items in different color below as they are placed with emphasis or are new additional rules

Team Juggernauts is sponsoring this coming Saturday (Feb.11) Tourney:

Test Server 1.3 32-Man Deckbuilder Tournament

Test Server 1.3 32-Man Deckbuilder Tournament - Saturday Feb 11 5pm GMT onwards
    This tournament is to address the requests for a Saturday tourney, and to allow further testing to SE 1.3 version. Also, the tournament aims to enhance the participants' deckbuilding skills where they get to change cards in between games/matches and adapt to their opponent's playstyle. Thus, eliminating the growing concern of "my opponent changed cards before we begin game 2, etc." - which there is no clear way to validate currently unless a Dev person review the logs AFTER the match.

To this end, we will be hosting a single elimination 32 player tournament Saturday 5:00 PM (17:00) GTM+0. To those who participated in the qualifiers the last "You and Friend" tournament, this tournament will be very similar. All matches will be played on the scheduled date, so if you plan to win, make sure you have 4-5 hours free.

(shamelessly borrowed from Hatts)

RULES AND INFORMATION

1. BANS:
    No heroes are banned
    2. GENERAL RULES:
    Participants must have access to the test server. Test server is not available on android or iOS devices. Here's a link: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/testchat/
    You must be signed into the #shadowera chatroom room #tournament at 5:00 PM GMT+0 or you risk losing your spot in the tournament. See here for the current time in GMT+0. If you are not on irc by 5:15 PM, I will give your spot to a substitute.
    Participation in this event will take up a lot of time. Roughly 4-5 hours. If you are not flexible to play and be online or have a very busy life schedule, please do not apply.
    All matches will be played on the test server. Here's a link: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/testchat/

Accepting a maximum of 32 participants only. If less than 32 signup, players in random, will be given a first round "bye".
    Players may NOT change Hero in-between any game or match. Players are required to play the entire tournament with the exact same Hero used in initial tournament game.
    Cheaters (those caught changing Heroes in-between games) will be disqualified and banned from all future tournaments. If you suspect cheating, make a formal report and PM it to Tournament Organizer.

Before game 1 (round 1 bracket) You need to inform your opponent what hero you are using and vice versa. Suceeding round brackets need not inform your opponent on who's hero your using as its not gonna change nway.

There will be a 5 minute break in-between matches to allow for change of cards (NOT HERO), You are welcome to change the contents of your deck that suits your winning strategy as long as Hero is not changed.

All matches will be best of three. Alternate who goes first in games 1 and 2. Then on a case of a third match, both players need to choose a letter (A or B) amongst themselves (talk with each other via PM). Then ask the tourney organizer or someone in-charge to choose a letter. The person choosing the letter must not know what letter either player picked - this will eliminate bias on who goes first.

If a player is disconnected during the game, that counts as a loss, unless the opposing player agrees that it is ok to replay/re-do the game for sportsmanship sake.

If there is a sync/freeze error or draw, game will be replayed.
    3. BUG RULES:
    Because this is the test server, there will be a lot of bugs. They will be handle on a case-to-case basis. Notify the tournament organizer (SolarWind) if one occurs.
    Since this tourney will be played on a test-server, in most cases, bugs that occurs will not warrant the game to be replayed. (e.g. Zhanna used her ability but next turn the shadow energy is still there, or life damage did not get deducted). We have no way to sort this out - both players must play the entire match and determine the WINNER, period. No ranting about this or that got bugged or anything - THIS IS A TEST SERVER afterall and dont expect stability.

4. REPORTING RULES:
    Winning player is required to submit match results
    Report result in the chatroom or PM SolarWind.
    Example - "Bluejet24 vs. chanson311: 1 - 2 - chanson311 wins)
    Any other match disputes or concerns should be send via PM to Tournament Organizer
    Official pairings will be posted in the picture of brackets

In the event that a scenario required a decision with NO RULES established yet per above, the Tourney Organizer reserves the right to decide on what needs to be done for the tourney to proceed further.

5. REGISTRATION:
    The Tournament is open to the first 32 players that sign up in this thread.
    To register, replay to this thread and show up at the appointed time. If you do not show up, I will give you spot to a substitute next in line.
    6. PAIRINGS AND SEEDING:
    This is based on a random assignment coming from a Tourney randomer.

7. SCHEDULE:
    All matches must be completed ASAP. This tournament is intended to be completed within one day.
    Round 1 (estimated): 5:15 PM GMT+0
    Round 2 (estimated): 6:15 PM GMT+0
    Round 3 (estimated): 7:15 PM GMT+0
    Round 4 (estimated): 8:15 PM GMT+0
    Finals (estimated): 9:15 PM GMT+0

8. PRIZES:
    1st Place: 3000 Shadow Crystals
    2nd Place: 1500 Shadow Crystals
    3rd Place: 800 Shadow Crystals
    4th Place: 400 Shadow Crystals

Participant List as of Feb.11 4:00 PM GMT:

1. Raphael Majere
    2. TJ Bluejet24
    3. Andols
    4. Fusion Jam
    5. TJ Thutinh
    6. eroi66
    7. Pyrogene
    8. BDK16
    9. AirAct
    10. Rated GG
    11. Seragyn
    12. Soothslyr
    13. Martin JF
    14. Ahmet476
    15. ArturusX
    16. TJ Ace (Portgaz d Ace)
    17. SamuelJ
    18. Xander Spitfire
    19. PipePoker
    20. Nizaris
    21. Hendrickson
    22. Mojumbo
    23. Hazunia
    24. Spectrl
    25. ILuvMoney
    26. HighZac
    27. DLM
    28. FouDeLile
    29. Nerd4Christ
    30. Demnchi
    31. pjoe0211
    32. Arkax

Subs:
    1. SolarWind
    Last edited by SolarWind; 02-11-2012 at 05:15 PM.
    Team Juggernauts *ForeRunner*

IGN: TJ SO14RWIND
    LEAGUE: Red Division 3

Coming soon: Crown(12) Tournament | TWAIN Tournament | SoW Guild Challenge

“There is a difference between you and me... Yes, we both looked into the Abyss.... but when it looked back at us......you blinked!”

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    count me in.
    finally available for tournaments after so long.
    A Blunt a Day, Keeps the Drama Away

bicin -
    Monk of the Fighting Budhha
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Ah, me and ex-apprentice and current good buddy. A big hi to bicin. how are you, bud? So yes, I am in.
    Last edited by Raphael Majere; 02-09-2012 at 09:19 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    Ah, me and ex-apprentice and current good buddy. A big hi to bicin. how are you, bud? So yes, I am in.
    Common now Raph... do I even have to ask you to join? It's like tourneys have an auto-registered spot for you See you there buddy!
    Team Juggernauts *ForeRunner*

IGN: TJ SO14RWIND
    LEAGUE: Red Division 3

Coming soon: Crown(12) Tournament | TWAIN Tournament | SoW Guild Challenge

“There is a difference between you and me... Yes, we both looked into the Abyss.... but when it looked back at us......you blinked!”

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    hi raph!!
    how i'm doing? meh. not bad.
    just been busy these couple of months with work.

hopefully i can have more free time come end of february. :P
    A Blunt a Day, Keeps the Drama Away

bicin -
    Monk of the Fighting Budhha
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Count me in!
    IGN: TJ BlueJet24

Founder of Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarWind View Post
    Common now Raph... do I even have to ask you to join? It's like tourneys have an auto-registered spot for you See you there buddy!
    Lol. I have happy tears, man. It's like my fav restaurant always keeping the special seat for me every Saturday. Sweet.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Count me in.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Raph how the hell do you have time to enter every single tournament? Lol
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wtzky View Post
    Raph how the hell do you have time to enter every single tournament? Lol