Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm new and I can't find wulven tracker or ley line nexus anywhere?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Joezoey View Post
    I'm new and I can't find wulven tracker or ley line nexus anywhere?
    Wulven Tracker and Ley Line Nexus are two cards that are set to be released when the next patch (patch 1.3) goes live. They are not in the main game yet, since it is running patch 1.29 at the moment. Patch 1.3 is currently running on the test server, but if you're new to the game I would recommend that you stick with the main game for now, since the test server is much harder and not yet balanced.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    nice deck

i have 3 im working on. one like yours but rush oriented. one more control and, of course, my revamped for 1.3 Solo Majiya all are looking good.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank you for the answer

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Would someone with the privileges mind changing the 1.3 in the title to 1.5 if they have the time? It's bothering me far more than it should

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm still waiting to hear a good argument for Brutalis.

Here are the useful things I could see him doing in a game:
    -Killing Kris
    -Dealing an extra one point in combination with Majiya's ability.

Here's everything it WON'T do:
    -Actually stem the tide of an early rush. Sure, you'll kill Kris if they play him, but this guy's not doing anything to Puwen, Aldon, etc. They'll just ignore him and go for Majiya.
    -Do ANYTHING relevant past turn four. He's auto-sac after that.
    -Contribute anything to killing the opposing Hero in Stage 2.

In my opinion, there are just better uses for this slot. If you're worried about the early game, Clinging Webs will serve better. If you want to add to the late game, you could throw in Shriek of Vengeance and Evil Ascendant that the OP cut for lack of room.

What do you guys think? Am I missing something big here?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kilgoretrout103 View Post
    I'm still waiting to hear a good argument for Brutalis.

Here are the useful things I could see him doing in a game:
    -Killing Kris
    -Dealing an extra one point in combination with Majiya's ability.

Here's everything it WON'T do:
    -Actually stem the tide of an early rush. Sure, you'll kill Kris if they play him, but this guy's not doing anything to Puwen, Aldon, etc. They'll just ignore him and go for Majiya.
    -Do ANYTHING relevant past turn four. He's auto-sac after that.
    -Contribute anything to killing the opposing Hero in Stage 2.

In my opinion, there are just better uses for this slot. If you're worried about the early game, Clinging Webs will serve better. If you want to add to the late game, you could throw in Shriek of Vengeance and Evil Ascendant that the OP cut for lack of room.

What do you guys think? Am I missing something big here?
    How about:

-Dealing an extra one point of damage after fireballing a plasma b, molten destroyer or kurt
    -Dealing an extra one point of damage to raven, minotaur or ogloth before novaing the field
    -Dealing an extra one point of damage after striking aldon, jasmine, medusil, bad wolf, death mage or keldor with lightning (or majiya's ability)
    -Dealing an extra one point of damage to birgitte, dirk, carniboar or snake before or after pinging with death mage
    -wearing down weapons and armors

Also, dealing or not dealing that few points of extra damage to the hero makes a huge difference in mage vs mage.

Imo there's no good reason not to have brutes in a majiya deck except having fire snakes instead.
    A1's man without qualities - Evolution in theory.

My cards ideas: for mages, for others

Songs about Wulven by: TV on the Radio, Babel, Warren Zevon

However much one kind of longs to see the actors in war outdo each other in cunning activity, finesse, and stratagem, still one has to admit that these qualities show themselves but little in history and have rarely been able to emerge from amongst the mass of relations and circumstances.
    The reason for this is obvious enough: Strategy knows no other activity than the arrangement of combats with the measures which relate to it. It doesn't know, like ordinary life, actions that consist of mere words, i.e. expressions, declarations, etc. But these, which are inexpensive, are what the crafty one prefers to deceive with.
    This sober truth is always felt through and through by the actor in war and therefore he ceases to fancy a game of shrewd agility. Necessity presses so hard into immediate action that there is no room left for it. In a word, the pieces on the strategical chessboard lack the mobility that is the element of stratagem and cunning. - CvC, On War

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Imo there's no good reason not to have brutes in a majiya deck except having fire snakes instead.
    Definitely agree. More 5cc-6cc cards are fine. Majiya shines in the mid & end-game. Let her shine

I won't divulge my deck yet, but in short I use Ogloth, shadow knights & sacrificial lamb. Off the bat, people kill behemoth, retreat him, or disable him anyways...might as well get a card from it for use as resources or fuel for Ogloth.

Against warriors, I'd get pissed w/my gargoyles getting crippled...but they're a great card. Not quite my style, but I still admire gargoyle. What about the tidal waves & the novas used against you? Getting a PB Wiped sucks :/

anyways great deck spectrl. You'd be surprised how durable Ogloth is. At first I felt the same way EXACTLY. I stuck to SK/PB...even tried Molten destroyer. But liked PB for the indirect damage and usefulness after a crippling blow. But ogloths great because he has 6hp and his ability works after crippling as well. Let me just say w/the amount of resources you'll have for the next turn, getting rid of allies, and doing damage is great, honestly, a crippled Ogloth is gonna be a PEST.

Anyways, sacrificial lamb is great for arrow abilities to benefit from inevitable death. And other situations like getting frozen, etc.

I thought Ogloth was dumb too, but give him a chance. You do have to build around him though.

But @ any rate, I can appreciate the simplicity
    Last edited by glencocoe; 02-27-2012 at 09:47 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You still need sever ties with Ogloth. With crippling blow, his max attack is 0, and his ability is dependent on his attack value. Crippling blow shuts down Ogloth completely.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrl View Post
    Would someone with the privileges mind changing the 1.3 in the title to 1.5 if they have the time? It's bothering me far more than it should
    My first act as a forum mod has been done. 1.3 -> 1.5... tada!