Close

Thread: Eladwen Rush

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Eladwen Rush

So it's almost been a week since I started SE , and I had been waiting for Aldon in the shop for what seems like forever (can't have been that long, though ). So I tried various Shadow heroes, some solo builds, etc... But I just couldn't shake the idea that human allies were insanely better than shadow ones. And now I've finally been able to test them, I'm pretty sure there is some imbalance there.

Nonetheless, one of the solo builds I was having fun with was a mono-burn Eladwen, with 4 Bazaars, 4 Bad Santas and 4 Retreats. It was ok, still had some nice winning streaks in quick match, but it was missing some consistency (playing second against a rush deck was almost an auto-lose). When I finally found Aldon in the shop, I added some cheap allies to have a real plan for the first few turns (before sacrificing the remaining ones and throwing everything at my opponent's face after turn 4).

I ended up really impressed by the deck, which got me from 250 to 265 rating by itself, with only 1 loss. After tweaks, here is what it looks like :

1 Eladwen

4 Kristoffer
    4 Birgitte
    4 Puwen
    4 Aldon

4 Fireball
    4 Lightning Strike
    3 Supernova
    4 Bad Santa
    3 Tome
    3 Retreat
    2 Ley Line Nexus

I know, you all think Bazaar is better in rush decks, and of course I started with 4 Bazaar and 4 Bad Santas, but in fact Bazaar is pretty weak here. You don't want to drop it on turn 2 and be completely out of tempo, so you would wait until turn 4 or after (often after, since you're hard-pressed to play that Lightning Strike as soon as you can most of the time), at which point the 2 mana difference for not giving cards to the opponent is completely worth it.

Birgitte may also seem weird, that one I'm less sure about. I do like the fact that it's another 1-drop that gets pumped by Aldon, and that she can give some autowins when curved into other allies and Aldon. Plus I really want to make sure I have a 1-drop when playing first, to allow for a full-on Bad Santa on turn 2 giving us 3 cards and 0 to the opponent.

So I'm happy to hear some advice , but please no "1 less of this, 1 less of that" for a situationnal 2-of : the whole point of the deck is consistency. All games are supposed to look the same, and that's good. It's already killing me to run only 3 Retreats and 3 Novas...

PS : I built myself all the decks I tried before, and this one, without going for lists on the forum. So if this ends up being the same list as someone's, I'm sorry, I didn't scout all the Eladwen's list that are around. I'm would just be happy we have the same point of view.
    Last edited by Youdz; 05-14-2012 at 07:18 PM.