Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not if you're good at it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GS View Post
    Well thought out, well worked out.

I disagree on the morality point though. Ie, cheating is just part of the game.

What happens if you cheat, and are caught in a tourney? Better to play it without abusing bugs/cheats, as if you're caught, your work goes to naught.
    Actually I think the OP means to exploits bugs but never to cheat. He emphasised that a pro works within the confines of the system. An example will be the Logan- Berserkers edge bug. A pro will abuse that, as long as the tourney rules don't banned it.

Will be different from cheating example using hacks. So the Op is agreeing with you on wat u said.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I just wanted to point few things out.
    Firstly, what really ruins this article is using atrocious gaming slang to describe gamers categories, it doesn't match the rest of the language the article written in. Even worse that these terms are ambiguous, for example scrub is not necessarily new player, "newbie", but bad player or just with skill inferior to yours (which includes bragging automatically), "newb", "nub". Pro is usually referred to players that are generally good at the games but what it really stands for is professional and what determines professional is ability to make living out of his profession, so when we say "pro gamer" we really mean that games are that persons job. If you needed to spread players by skill just use normal language let's say Amateur, Intermediate, Expert (I don't really sure if there are professional tcg gamers).
    And second thing is effect that tournaments have on meta. If certain hero wins tournament it proves nothing yet. It could just been played by extremely skillful player or had lucky draw and his opponent was unlucky and so on. Considering most "casual" players and this is a majority of players, play ladder, there might be different meta rather than in competitive scene. Also lack of tournaments win consistency plays its role. Tournaments aren't that frequent to make statistics based on them to begin with, and there's rarely many tournaments with same hero wins over and over again. And what expert plays might be too hard or just inexpedient to play for a average player.
    And did allyless Darkclaw was competitive? Simple item destruction completely wrecks the deck, not to mention mindless playstyle and complete predictability of it.
    Last edited by Unruler; 02-05-2012 at 11:05 AM.

CotC Sealed Deck Champion busti's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Really nice article
    A1 alliance - Evolution in theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks guys I can really elaborate on this if I want. Most of the concepts come directly from the source and have little to do with tcg's but I thought it applied well in theory. If you like this article I recommend reading "playing to win". Really interesting on having the right mindset to win. It's written by an accomplished street fighter champion.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomzed View Post
    Actually I think the OP means to exploits bugs but never to cheat. He emphasised that a pro works within the confines of the system. An example will be the Logan- Berserkers edge bug. A pro will abuse that, as long as the tourney rules don't banned it.

Will be different from cheating example using hacks. So the Op is agreeing with you on wat u said.
    Thank you Atomzed that's exactly what the article is trying to say.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    I just wanted to point few things out.
    Firstly, what really ruins this article is using atrocious gaming slang to describe gamers categories, it doesn't match the rest of the language the article written in. Even worse that these terms are ambiguous, for example scrub is not necessarily new player, "newbie", but bad player or just with skill inferior to yours (which includes bragging automatically), "newb", "nub". Pro is usually referred to players that are generally good at the games but what it really stands for is professional and what determines professional is ability to make living out of his profession, so when we say "pro gamer" we really mean that games are that persons job. If you needed to spread players by skill just use normal language let's say Amateur, Intermediate, Expert (I don't really sure if there are professional tcg gamers).
    This. Most of the points were good, it's a pretty good article, but c'mon, scrub? Your three "categories" have so many holes in them I could use it as a pencil holder.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well written, but for reading purposes, could you paragraph a bit more? It's border-lining on TL;DR. Just my opinion. And ignore the haters for nitpicking on your article, your point was made loud and clear.

League Season 3 Undisputed Champion chanson311's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenhui Tay View Post
    Well written, but for reading purposes, could you paragraph a bit more? It's border-lining on TL;DR. Just my opinion. And ignore the haters for nitpicking on your article, your point was made loud and clear.
    +1 and +1
    TJ "Old-Timer"

TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Fan of Doctor Who

Bands I like:
    Coheed and Cambria
    Pink Floyd
    Muse
    MGMT
    Electric Light Orchestra
    And many more!