Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Post Thoughts on my new Boris deck?

I am still pretty new to this game so I just want some input on where to head with this next. Thanks!

Boris Skullcrusher

4x Puwen
    4x Blake
    2x Aldon
    2x Jasmine
    2x Sandra
    2x Birgitte

1x King's Pride
    3x War Banner
    2x Enrage
    2x Crippling Blow
    2x Shield Bash
    2x Blood Frenzy
    2x Valiant Defender

1x Retreat
    3x Reinforced Armor
    1x Special Delivery
    1x Campfire Stories
    1x Misplaced
    1x Rain Delay
    2x Extra Sharp

I know that I have to add another aldon and I think I would like to have another Jasmine as well. Im just grinding out gold right now so my funds are fairly limited but I'm still winning the majority of the time. Also my thought about the 3 Reinforced Armor's are to protect my Blake's and Birgitte's. So what do you think?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by 802Greens View Post
    I am still pretty new to this game so I just want some input on where to head with this next. Thanks!

Boris Skullcrusher

4x Puwen
    4x Blake
    2x Aldon
    2x Jasmine
    2x Sandra
    2x Birgitte

1x King's Pride
    3x War Banner
    2x Enrage
    2x Crippling Blow
    2x Shield Bash
    2x Blood Frenzy
    2x Valiant Defender

1x Retreat
    3x Reinforced Armor
    1x Special Delivery
    1x Campfire Stories
    1x Misplaced
    1x Rain Delay
    2x Extra Sharp

I know that I have to add another aldon and I think I would like to have another Jasmine as well. Im just grinding out gold right now so my funds are fairly limited but I'm still winning the majority of the time. Also my thought about the 3 Reinforced Armor's are to protect my Blake's and Birgitte's. So what do you think?
    Well to start rain delay is best used when you dont use any allies generally. Reinforced armor is generally not great but on armored sandworm it can be annoying. Blake is too easy to kill most people settle for only puwen. Campfire stories is a bad choice and if you like direct damage your probably better off with shield bash. Either then that your off to a good start just add some tougher creatures and jewelers dream is good especially of you like all these low cc allies. And you should work on buying 3 or 4 of all the "good" cards in your deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah Blake is nice when I have Aldon and Warbanner out and I just perfer him to Kris right now. I have problems of deciding which cards i want to sacrifice so the campfire stories, rain delay, special delivery, those cards make my decisions much easier

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How do your matches go when you don't draw Blood Frenzy early?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The best piece of advice I can give you is that you definitely want to run 4 copies of Blood Frenzy. Boris really wants to have a Blood Frenzy in play on turn 2! However, if you include some Jeweler's Dream in your deck you will also be able to safely play Blood Frenzy on turn 4 as well.

So I would suggest getting a full set of BF and experimenting with Jeweler's Dreams to see if it helps.
    Proud member of the Shadow Era Design Team
    Love and Peace!
    Former Physical World Champion
    Card Advantage 101

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by 802Greens View Post
    I have problems of deciding which cards i want to sacrifice so the campfire stories, rain delay, special delivery, those cards make my decisions much easier
    Intentionally including weaker cards in your deck so you have an easier decision on what to sacrifice is fundamentally flawed. Knowing what to sacc would come with experience. A good deck should always give you problem deciding what to sacrifice because your hand is full of good cards.

There are many things that could be improved in your deck. Would suggest you read this: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....e-to-SE-Heroes

Also note that 1.3x is coming soon so you may want to either try the test server or keep yourself updated so you are aware of some of the changes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by gtnx View Post
    How do your matches go when you don't draw Blood Frenzy early?
    Actually I can still be pretty effective even without BF because of my low cost allies. Although I have added 2 more since I posted this and now I will never go back. The only deck I have major problems with are Wulven decks.

pyrogene- yes absolutely it isn't really the ideal strategy but with limited gold I found it helpful to have designated burn cards so to speak (for now) while I work on solidifying my core. But I have taken what you said into consideration and am gonna start looking at strengthening that part of my deck more. I already swapped the Shield Bash's for Smashing Blow.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrogene View Post
    Intentionally including weaker cards in your deck so you have an easier decision on what to sacrifice is fundamentally flawed. Knowing what to sacc would come with experience. A good deck should always give you problem deciding what to sacrifice because your hand is full of good cards.
    This is great advice, always build the best deck you can and sacc the cards that become "weak" when you meet your opponent. (For example, Smashing Blow is "weaker" when I meet up with Eladwen when compared to playing against Amber...but I usually have it in my deck as it can be powerful.) Don't ever take inherently weak cards such as Campfire Stories just so you can sacc them.