Close

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    It depends to what hero you will make a comparison. Even if it's hard to tell who will be dominant in new meta, some heroes are clearly inferior to others. Guys like Elementalis, Serena, Victor, Boris and some others are clearly left behind. So, if you Elementalis fan many of other heroes will seem to be superior to you. Now, when OP heroes has been nerfed you should think about how to even up lower tier heroes. Probably it's too late to do it in 1.30, but maybe in next patch.
    Hmm? Boris and Victor are pretty fine really. I can't speak for Serena and Elementalis. Serena's ability doesn't sound weak, but I have to admit I haven't tested it yet, except for one game and I was so busy controlling the field that I didn't have time to use my ability. In the end I used my ability for the + damage and used it to kill allies.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    victor is too poopy for teh record, unless bows can be returned from graveyard with his ability he will need a complete overhaul
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Having played Victor in 1.29 I can say that his ability would be ok if like the previous mentioned Gravebone he could choose what item to get. Couple that with (hopefully) new traps available in the next set and we'd have a second graveyard manipulation hero, focused on items.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Victor has the potential to become a powerful hero with later expansions, if he get new Hunter Ability cards. However, I still would like if he gets the same treatment given to Majiya.
    Majiya had to damage an ally to be able to draw a card, as Victor has to target a ally to be able to recover a Hunter Ability card from the Graveyard. Why not end with this restriction and let him recover the card even if there's no ally to be targeted? Nowadays his ability is useless against allyless decks...

Edit: It would be nice if Victor could choose which item to get, as pointed by Thendless
    Why won't you run into rain and pray?
    Let the tears splash all over you...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gravebones are way too powerful. Ogloth is way too powerful. That's all i have to say.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the feedback on Victor. Some PFGers think he is strong, so we would not want to risk making him Overpowered by buffing his ability. He will get stronger as new cards are released in first expansion and beyond, but so should other Heroes.

Gravebone is clearly strong, but is he too strong? I guess testing will show that.

As for Ogloth, it takes a lot of work to make him stick and actually do major damage. He will destroy anyone who has not put appropriate counters in their deck, but he is manageable to those who added the right cards to deal with him. Similar can be said of Aeon.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The MindReader View Post
    Gravebone has become very powerful not through changes to his ability (as u said if anything he get nerfed without the portal bug), but due to changes in the meta, there are so many new big and strong allies he could easily bring back to life.

I suggest to keep on testing him and if you do find that he his OP consider to add to his ability the need to pay half of the ally cc, rounded down – just a suggestion.

As far as OP heroes I believe that after the smoke clear we'll figure out the DC has got a lot stronger. I hoped that the changes that been done to him and to lone wolf would make people use allies with him but I still found my self playing against a stall ally-less deck who gains power quicker! Its important to make sure DC wont get OP because he is one of the most annoying heroes to play against it would be more devastating then elad in 1.29 in my opinion.

However with all the previous points I've made I still think it's important to say: good job guys, the meta looks brilliant and almost every hero is totally playable, which was the all point of the balancing to begin with!
    Dc being allyless is kind of the point of playing him.
    Coder of the Night -- A1 : Evolution in Theory

Member of the Player's Focus Group 1

My Decks:
    -------------

My Articles:
    My Strategy articles compilation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    does anyone really uses Aeon ability? in compare with ogloth it crappy...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeDomination View Post
    Dc being allyless is kind of the point of playing him.
    My pesonnal impression thus far, speaking as a player, is that new Lone Wolf makes it now possible to play Dark Claw (DC) either solo OR with allies. Kinda like how Gwen can do either one as well. Being able to chose between solo or with allies is important because it means that fighting DC retains a certain amount of uncertainty... will he Drop a 5cc ally on t5? Or play counters / Lone Wolf Instead?

That said, DC still seems very viable solo, and certainly not weaker; at least to me. And his old stall-play still seems to work just fine too. I did ask my opponent when they faced my DC if they thought the games were exciting or tedious, and the vast majority said the games were "fun". Obviously more testing than just my perspective is needed, we need a lot more player input after having played a huge bunch of games.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dima View Post
    does anyone really uses Aeon ability? in compare with ogloth it crappy...
    His ability? Protector? Yes a lot!

I know what you mean, but I find his ability actually quite useful, especially when you're low on cards. Also, his ability is still a secondary ability, as his main ability is still protection for other allies.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.