Close

Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Drakkon is a NPE all by himself. Negative, dismissive of people's opinions, bias towards DC and rather arrogant.

Shadow Era is a WIP, and would mostly be for some time. Changes and balances to the game is a constant. Saying that you've been playing since 1.23(and therefore somehow holds authority on the matter) holds no water. How long have you been playing *this* current version of DC? Yeah. Exactly.

There isn't smoke without fire; all these calls out for changes to DC's ability (more so than other heroes) do mean that people have play tested it, and realised that DC is still overpowered, or is a NPE, or both. That said, the suggestions that are coming forth do have merit; and as a member of the PFG I do believe it is your responsibilty to take them into account. And yes, without all the smarmy comments.

Now that I have gotten that off my chest, here are my 2 cents on DC:

1) His new ability makes him dangerously lethal. Costing 1 SE less, it gives DC 1 extra activation for every 12 SE. Not only that, every activation comes a turn earlier compared to the current version, with a cumulative effect (his 1st activation comes on the 3rd instead of the 4th, his 2nd activation comes on the 6th instead of the 8th, barring usage of Shadowfont). I am not sure how to stress this point more; being able to do more and more often is 1 heck of a buff. Your allies can now attack into him, yeah... for pitiful amounts of damage since it gets rounded down. If they didn't die from taking 3 each they sure will when DC's turn roll around next.

2) WBT is not a *generic* weapon for 3 resources. How exactly is having infinite usage count as *generic*? What? Just because it does not have ability text? You can give, say, Elad the same weapon with same stats, and call it "What A Bloody Big Staff", and I'll gladly include it in my deck. The point about WBT is not that it overly powerful, but that it works so well with a Hero that can attack twice and with the ability to buff it's damage.

3) A counterpoint to those who have been questioning how DC is going to survive early game if he gets all these cries to nerf him: NYM and CP are still excellent ally counters; there's still Rain Delay, and the new Lone Wolf (which is actually better, but I'll debate that another day) as well. If that doesn't work, you guys realise that there are shadow allies right? I think it has come to a point where the focus on ally-less DC-centric decks is becoming unhealthy (for the game. Ok maybe for some players too) and promoting rather bland deck construction.

Edit:

Just saw the latest changes by GDC. Nice! Now we're making some progress.
    Last edited by Pantomime; 02-08-2012 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Saw a recent post by GDC after intial reply went out.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkon View Post
    Good changes.
    *speechless*

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    *speechless*
    I still can't believe this =OO
    I was going to write "Drakkon coming to complain in 3,2,1..." and then I saw his post!!!
    Last edited by GustCM2; 02-08-2012 at 01:54 AM.
    Why won't you run into rain and pray?
    Let the tears splash all over you...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GustCM2 View Post
    I still can't believe this =OO
    I was going to write "Drakkon coming to complain in 3,2,1..." and then I saw his post!!!
    Hell just got very frosty.

Interesting changes, sounds good in theory, we will see how it works out on the test server.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't think you guys realise. Yes, I like Darkclaw. But I'm a very anti-nerf person. Regardless of the card unless it's causing issues of making a certain deck unbeatable. I protested against a lot of nerfs in the PFG. I'm just more vocal out here because I know what I'm talking about when it comes to Darkclaw. I've actually had my fair share of suggestions for Lone Wolf and Darkclaw. I'm fine with change, but not direct nerfs.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantomime View Post
    . How long have you been playing *this* current version of DC? Yeah. Exactly.
    A few months. How about you?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Owned!
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was expecting exactly *that* question coming from you. Seeing how you like to throw your weight around.

A week plus? Give or take I guess.

... Except I wasn't the one who quoted 1.23 and acted like what we have now is similar to what we had back then.

"I have tested since 1.23 YOU KNOW, and I know more than all of you! COMBINED!"

Quote Originally Posted by N3rd4Christ View Post
    Owned!
    Haha! Comon, seriously?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by N3rd4Christ View Post
    Owned!
    Wow! THIS!!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by montanx View Post
    wow! This!!!