Close

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Question 1.309 - Any Heroes Now Too Good?

Hi everyone.

The balancing is not quite finished. We are using Test Server games to get the final balancing information we need to make 1.30 as balanced as we possibly can.

So, in light of that, we'd love to hear about whether you think certain Heroes are just too good. We do not want another Eladwen situation like 1.29 gave us!

Please keep feedback on subject and no personal attacks, please.

I will delete posts that I believe add no value to this thread, to keep the noise level to a minimum. We really need to make sure we can hear the valuable feedback and filter out as much noise as possible.

Also note that we will not be making changes to card based on the content of this thread. This thread will help us determine where to focus testing over the next few days, so we can look for proof on the battlefield.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I seem to be able to win with about all heroes. I'm not sure if people figured out what the best heroes are right now.

For example, my deck with the highest winrate is a warrior deck, but on the test server I see close to no warriors.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    It depends to what hero you will make a comparison. Even if it's hard to tell who will be dominant in new meta, some heroes are clearly inferior to others. Guys like Elementalis, Serena, Victor, Boris and some others are clearly left behind. So, if you Elementalis fan many of other heroes will seem to be superior to you. Now, when OP heroes has been nerfed you should think about how to even up lower tier heroes. Probably it's too late to do it in 1.30, but maybe in next patch.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    It depends to what hero you will make a comparison. Even if it's hard to tell who will be dominant in new meta, some heroes are clearly inferior to others. Guys like Elementalis, Serena, Victor, Boris and some others are clearly left behind. So, if you Elementalis fan many of other heroes will seem to be superior to you. Now, when OP heroes has been nerfed you should think about how to even up lower tier heroes. Probably it's too late to do it in 1.30, but maybe in next patch.
    OK, we will have to test Boris, Elementalis, Victor and Serena to determine this. I think they are inferior to some abilities, but their card pools make up for it, and Victor's ability can actually be very strong with the right deck.

NOTE: If any lower tier heroes need help in future (after 1.30 is released), we will not be changing any set 1 cards to do this. They will get help in the first expansion.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    From what I played so far Gravebone seems to be the one with the strongest ability because you can't counter graveyard manipulation in a effective way. The fact that you can choose which ally to resurrect and play it without paying it's casting cost seems a bit to good in the current state of affairs.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by thendless View Post
    From what I played so far Gravebone seems to be the one with the strongest ability because you can't counter graveyard manipulation in a effective way. The fact that you can choose which ally to resurrect and play it without paying it's casting cost seems a bit to good in the current state of affairs.
    His ability is fine. Nothing about him has.changed. Portal doesn't work with his ability anymore, so actually he was nerfed. The only reason he's so played is because the PFG said he was one of the best. So everyone started playing him.

Deck is easily beat.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkon View Post
    His ability is fine. Nothing about him has.changed. Portal doesn't work with his ability anymore, so actually he was nerfed. The only reason he's so played is because the PFG said he was one of the best. So everyone started playing him.

Deck is easily beat.
    Some reference to match results would help here. I think you are right, but people are being asked to raise their possible concerns so we can investigate with testing, rather than debate on this thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm at work, but I'll gladly test with you later tonight.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkon View Post
    I'm at work, but I'll gladly test with you later tonight.
    Good man! Not sure if I can be there, but plenty of others are on the test server 24/7.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gravebone has become very powerful not through changes to his ability (as u said if anything he get nerfed without the portal bug), but due to changes in the meta, there are so many new big and strong allies he could easily bring back to life.

I suggest to keep on testing him and if you do find that he his OP consider to add to his ability the need to pay half of the ally cc, rounded down – just a suggestion.

As far as OP heroes I believe that after the smoke clear we'll figure out the DC has got a lot stronger. I hoped that the changes that been done to him and to lone wolf would make people use allies with him but I still found my self playing against a stall ally-less deck who gains power quicker! Its important to make sure DC wont get OP because he is one of the most annoying heroes to play against it would be more devastating then elad in 1.29 in my opinion.

However with all the previous points I've made I still think it's important to say: good job guys, the meta looks brilliant and almost every hero is totally playable, which was the all point of the balancing to begin with!