Close

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkon View Post
    Actually, people were crying about the damage. Not the damage reduction. Then they started crying about Shadow Font. If you haven't noticed, his ability is still +2 for 3SE.
    I didn't say anything about damage or damage reduction, so I don't see what point you are making, can you clarify?
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Padawan Pete View Post
    I didn't say anything about damage or damage reduction, so I don't see what point you are making, can you clarify?
    The latest issues with DC seemed to be that he was a Deathracer. So his damage reduction was removed. (I still don't understand how that worked.)

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    There was a recent post by Yvan about false assumptions and whatnot, where he talked about scrubs, pros and faux-pros. (I'll link it when I find it.)

If you've read that post, and can view from that perspective, it should be clear that someone who insists on allyless is making up their own rules, which limit the cards they can choose, at the expense of winning more often.

Meanwhile, the Design Team have to balance based on the actual rules of the game. If someone wants to limit themself, for whatever reason, to not playing allies then that's their choice but it is likely to come with a cost.

With this in mind, trying to make solo heroes competitively viable cannot be our main concern. Ideally, they win some games, which 1.310 DC still does, but losses are inevitable. I assume the allyless mindset comes from wanting the challenge of having your hero take on and beat an army?

This post is not aimed at anyone in particular. I just wanted to point out that balancing a hero, who has a large card pool available, based on just a subset of that pool, is going to lead to balance problems down the line.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This game is going to have problems down the line no matter what. Unless you do a core rotation or ban list.

Edit: GDC, I don't mind the DC change. But I can't help but feel it was unneeded. I still think replacing the Ambush with defender would be better.
    Last edited by Drakkon; 02-10-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The latest issues with DC seemed to be that he was a Deathracer. So his damage reduction was removed. (I still don't understand how that worked.)
    Just saying from the only two games i played with DC, my opponents summoned some allies like Molten Destroyer, Gargoyle, Oggy, and by the fact that i used DC ability from T5 to T9, these allies didn't bother me at all i just attacked the hero without minding anything, because they wasn't able to deal big damage and with Lone wolf in hand i just need to wait to be under 20hp to cast it and take all the benefice.

Now with the new ability, if i don't do something these allies are able to kill me before i kill the hero... the deck need more skill to win (maybe a little too much, i would have prefered 3se : damage halved rounded up + weapon buff only on DC's turn)

Also in my deck i didn't have a lot of cards to control allies, no need of Captured Prey, NYM, only Rabid Bite to kill faster if the ally agree to attack the hero... :P and that why i had easily weapons, LLN, ...
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Actually, people were crying about the damage. Not the damage reduction. Then they started crying about Shadow Font. If you haven't noticed, his ability is still +2 for 3SE.
    You can't generalize, a lot of people (me included) were complaining about the invulnerability that forces the opponents to skip more than 5 consecutives turns. The only way to stop it was by adding cards useful only against him :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kentuequi View Post
    Now with the new ability, if i don't do something these allies are able to kill me before i kill the hero... the deck need more skill to win (maybe a little too much, i would have prefered 3se : damage halved rounded up + weapon buff only on DC's turn)
    I would have prefered 3Se: Damage halved rounded up, Weapon buff and DarkClaw disabled until the start of your next turn after being exhausted (so he could not counter-attack enemy allies or hero)
    Why won't you run into rain and pray?
    Let the tears splash all over you...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Armoek View Post
    Amber is still a very decent hero, you will probably be disappointed though that there are many heroes that are now on her level so she will feel weaker to you. Banebow is much better, you will definitely see banebows now instead of thinking he was just a myth.
    Thanks for feedback. Looking forward to the changes. Banebow might just be my.....er.....man/ Orc.
    "I'll have you know I have the reflexes of a cat, and the speed of a mongoose"

LEGEND of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Recent accolades: season 5, finalist (top 8). UK streetfigher, Conquerors Bane runner-up.
    Immortalised as Flavour Winner for "Smoke Screen". Conceal, Confuse, and Obscure.

Link to irc: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/gamechat/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the meta is looking wide, wide open and the design team has done a great job. Gravebone might be the best deck, and may need to be checked and possibly tweaked, but I think it's looking really, really good.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm seriously buggered by the fact that people are complaining about Lance. In my opinion the Stop Thief for 4CC is the only change they should make for Lance and Serena. I'm rated 204 now and don't get much higher while I only played Lance. It's really expensive for 5cc to destroy an item. And in most cases people can easily gain another one or get it out of their graveyard. Rogue's have a pretty bad card draw and IGG is essential in most decks. It would finally be a nice combo for Rogue's. Lance has to rely on combo's like assassination+ally, stealth techniques and board control.
    The board is so easily wiped by priests, mages and elementals. Cut rogue's some slack!

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I should have closed this thread. Thanks for reminding me.

p.s. Lance is good but not OP. Hope you enjoy 1.5 when it goes live.