Close

Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just a suggestion, but there's a lot of talk about how quickly DC can do damage. How about just reducing his damage boost to +1? That way he wouldn't be able to rush as effectively, and give more time for counters.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    On topic: Very few know for sure if anyone one hero is too good or not good enough. Give some adequate time for real test server testing results and go from there. "Knowing some people" in the PFG doesn't count either.

+1 for making WBT breakable.

I don't know about SF balancing as now other cards were introduced to counteract it. Whether its a problem is moot because we know its not going anywhere.

Off Topic: I'll never understand why when someone responded with their opinion on the OP, that they get told to "stop crying", "knock if off", or "Stop whining". It's just rude and derails the topic (or any topic). The point of the OP was to ASK for people's opinions and they gave them. Why is it necessary to be rude to others and start flame war over it? Why is their opinion not as valuable as everyone elses?
    IGN: Darrkloki

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just to make this clear.

What Big Teeth is a generic weapon with no ability. It also takes up a slot in the Wulven card pool. Meaning, if you turn it into a normal weapon you weaken the entire Wulven card pool as they basically have one less card than everyone else.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    Just a suggestion, but there's a lot of talk about how quickly DC can do damage. How about just reducing his damage boost to +1? That way he wouldn't be able to rush as effectively, and give more time for counters.
    Hmmm, even a +2 that's a 6 to 10 damage difference over a game...
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    Everything else is balanced enough, even with the existence of Shadow Font, so I don't think it is as big an issue for 1.309 as people make it.

I admit that, ideally, Shadow Font would never had existed - it's probably one of the top three big mistakes that Calmdown (previous Design Team) made. It is here now and we have balanced the set for other Shadow heroes with it existing. Take it away or change it now, and there is huge risk in that move, and we don't have time now.

So Darkclaw is probably going to change last minute, along with Lone Wolf too. The Design Team and PFG are discussing this at the moment. If we do make changes, we'll have about 48 hours to try them out.
    ahhhhhhhhh............. so little time, unfortunately it is a shame that this can't be released into the wild and let a few 100k games test it out. I assume that DC ability is going up to 4 shadow energy with a change to make it slightly better?
    The reason I ask is because the 3 turn activate for 18 damage when you have a font is the real killer.
    However I think there is another problem with playing a board wipe game and then just milling the opponent out with your infinite amount of weapon use and staying at 7 cards in your hand(I haven't tried this out but there are so many more ways to play DC that could be broken that needs to be tested)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkon View Post
    Just to make this clear.

What Big Teeth is a generic weapon with no ability. It also takes up a slot in the Wulven card pool. Meaning, if you turn it into a normal weapon you weaken the entire Wulven card pool as they basically have one less card than everyone else.
    The more I think about it the more I think it would make no difference. I would just think people would play more Jewelers dream, if you speed strike with JD you can play master smith for free anyway. The only thing I can think of is that it would make teeth vulnerable to acid jet and that is it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What Big Teeth is somewhat a trouble, but not the main problem. The rush, invulnerability and healing are.
    Just throwing one more suggestion:

Darkclaw
    3 SE: Until the start of your next turn, your weapons gain +2 attack and all damage to Darkclaw is halved, rounded down. After being exhausted, Darkclaw is disabled until the start of your next turn.

This way anyone could retaliate Darkclaw with their allies, as he would not counter-attack, although the damage still is reduced by DC's ability.

There's even a good thing about this, which is allowing Darkclaw to use other weapons with more safety. So you can cast your Jeweler's Dream, attack 2 times on your turn and expect to have more 2 charges on your next turn because you would not counter-attack allies or Heroes attacks.
    Last edited by GustCM2; 02-07-2012 at 10:39 PM.
    Why won't you run into rain and pray?
    Let the tears splash all over you...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think darkclaw going to a +1 buff would be a mistake, since that would largely make his ability a bit crap to use even as ally support.

If his ability is to change, I would hope that it is

a) damage halved rounded up (which is not so bad if it's spammable, since I remember when this was darkclaws permanent ability) since it also halves magic.

b) the damage buff lasts only for your turn. This is NOT needed if WBT is given a durability.

As for WBT being a wulven ability rather than a weapon, this is unfortunate and an original design flaw. Nonetheless, I believe that is a problem card and one I hope the design team examines. I don't mind being wrong about it, I just hope it gets ruled out rather than dismissed.
    Last edited by Rayzie; 02-07-2012 at 10:40 PM.
    Elder TJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I do like the Shadow Font 3cc for 2SE idea, however as others have said we may not have time to test it enough since it impacts many heroes; not just Dark Claw. We are meeting shortly and let's see what we come up with, thanks everyone for all your input and games we've been able to watch.
    Raz (Sebastian)
    Creative Game Designer
    --
    (Was once a member of the Wulven Design-Team)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzie View Post
    I think darkclaw going to a +1 buff would be a mistake, since that would largely make his ability a bit crap to use even as ally support.
    I disagree. With speedstrike, WBT can still kill a jas, and fangs of the predator can topple raven. I think it'll promote more varied weapon use.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!