Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hi, new player here

Hello all, I just started playing this game a few days ago, only grinding against the AI. So far I've following the guide from Gondorian and chose Eladwen as my Hero.

So now that I'm level 5 and have enough Crystal to buy a starter pack which one should I buy? Also, I've read that a new version of the game is coming out soon should I just wait for them to be released before buying cards/packs?

Thanks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi there, personally I would wait until the update unless you plan on buying more crystals or physical cards (you get free crystals equal to what you spend). You could always check out the updated cards in advance and preempt the one you think will be good, that way you could still practice with it before it hits.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums, mate. Hope you are enjoying the game. I agree with King K, i would advise waiting for the update before buying, but better yet you could try to play the new version on the test server so you can get a feel for the new cards and for the current ones that have suffered modifications. Here's the link to it with the IRC chatroom:http://shadowera.gondorian.com/testchat/. All cards cost 1 Gold and you start off with 200 if i recall correctly, so it's worth it. Good luck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi, the first time played the game, i installed in Mac osx on past year, November. I had Playing only Mac os x and my level is 10 and my rating were 37 and freeze on same rating , i play mode challenge several times, until now because i installed, the newest version, on my desktop with windows SO . today and when i played challenge mode, the rating was updated but if i play in mac os x, i have previous version, the rating was not updating. My question is, the rating only is updated on mode challenge?And this new version for mac already update the rating correctly?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To ensure competitive matches are more fun and fair, only the games on the most recent major version are ranked. This prevents exploiting on older clients that don't have the latest bug fixes.

If you're using the Mac client, v1.29 is still pending Apple's approval for the Mac App Store but you can get it from our download page instead.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i just did,today. But i think the rating problam remains on mac.the version i downloaded today for mac on your site is V1.292.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you're playing on v1.292 on the Mac, there should not be a rating problem.

The rating system Shadow Era uses is similar to the TrueSkill system used by Microsoft Xbox games. Your rating is a number reflective of your skill and is not a score that always increases. Changes to your rating, both increases and decreases, are weighted based on a few factors. So it's normal to get fractional increases after a win and not gain whole rating points.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ok thanks .

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the replies, so I guess I'll check out the test server while waiting for the update
    Last edited by TrafficAccident; 02-05-2012 at 09:46 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome and good luck
    Radioactive Jelly of Acolytes of A1
    Student's today, masters tomorrow

please look at for more info on AA1 or here for more info on A1

"For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."

-Sun Tzu