Close

View Poll Results: Would you prefer a TIN or DECK BOX?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tin

40 52.63%
  • Deck Box

36 47.37%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I vote for deck boxes, they'll be used much more than the tins. Even though I probably won't be going to tournaments and stuff (no idea where to find them in my country), my friends and I would use deck boxes to carry our cards to each others houses. Tins wouldn't be good for that, because they'll probably be either too big or too small depending on how many cards the person has, which is different for everyone, and will change over time. I think it would be nice to make different deck boxes for each hero.

I also like the idea of sleeves (but not in place of the deck boxes). However, please don't print Jasmine on the back, she's pretty but I don't want to be forced to stare at her butt the whole game

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i want the tin for my coffee table.

deck boxes can be for 120k if kyle wants to do that.
    Last edited by Caitlyn0; 02-05-2012 at 05:29 AM.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by sillatjie View Post
    However, please don't print Jasmine on the back, she's pretty but I don't want to be forced to stare at her butt the whole game
    How will you manage :P

Anyway, I vote tin because i'm a noob

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Im easy really on either solution - I love the tin idea but would like the best option to display the 200 different cards (up to 4 of each) effectively and without ruining them, if I was going to play physical tournaments I would buy separate cards or decks and worry about transporting at the time.

The collectors edition and complete play set are more for players actually wanting a collection - so perhaps a branded binder with enough space could be released at a later date if not the preferred bonus option.
    [CENTER]Shadow Era ETC.
    Exert Total Control

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I want deck boxes because I will attend Magic tournaments with my Magic decks inside of them. I want to advertise the game and sticking Shadow Era on a deck box will be more reasonable for showing off to people in my target audience. However, for players who are more likely to have friends over and see the tin on their coffee table, that would be a better presentation.

Personally, I do almost all of my game playing at stores and other public events where holding onto a tin is very unwieldly. My vote is for deck boxes!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So I gues my idea of a tin with two deck boxes inside isn't an option then? Heh I mean, Deck boxes are basically just cardboard boxes with a picture on it right? Similar to a jigsaw puzzle box but smaller? I just thought it would be neat to just have the boxes held in the tin with a foam insert and have small compartments with tokes/counters and room to put a play mat on top of it all. See, this way everyone is satisfied.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I've voted tin, just because probably in the next five years at least, this game surely will not catch on in my country, making the deck boxes really useless, even for advertisement purposes. I never so much even visited the hobby store in quite a while,since MTG really became too expesive to play anymore for me, so my connections with it really have been lost. In such circumstances the tin is more practical, for me at least.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Why has no one requested foil versions of the whole set? That's a better $100K bonus, isn't it?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    Why has no one requested foil versions of the whole set? That's a better $100K bonus, isn't it?
    That is an idea I like. However giving people who spent $10 a whole foil set?

That can't be good for business
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It feels kinda screwed up for the people that spent 150+ I think they should get something exclusive.