Close

View Poll Results: Would you prefer a TIN or DECK BOX?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tin

40 52.63%
  • Deck Box

36 47.37%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

100.000$ bonus, changing Tin to Deck Box? Is it possible?

Was thinkin if Wulven can change 100k$ bonus from Tin, to maybe a Deck Box with nice Shadow Era image...
    Because that's what we'll use mostly!!!
    PLZ, I'd really like to have it, and I must say, I found it mostly usable compairing to other things, to be honest...
    Because you have to put, save your cards somewhere, and on tournaments, that's your only chance to have a deck box, and to bring your Shadow Era cards in it! And be awesome!
    So yeah, is there a possibility to change Tin to Deck Box instead?! PLZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would also enjoy this.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    We are discussing it here:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....120#post164120

So this thread can be deleted, or?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice to have a new thread since the main thread is soooooooooo long.

Really, it's up to the masses what you guys would prefer.

Tins:

+ good for collectors to store everything in
    + everything can be shipped inside the tin
    - higher manufacturing costs
    - most pro players will not use them
    - too big to carry around

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Nice to have a new thread since the main thread is soooooooooo long.

Really, it's up to the masses what you guys would prefer.

Tins:

+ good for collectors to store everything in
    - higher manufacturing costs
    - most pro players will not use them
    - too big to carry around
    Tins:

+ good for collectors to store everything in - for me, I'll store my cards in plastic pages (I don't know how it is called...)
    - higher manufacturing costs - yes, deck boxes are kinda cheaper... Depending on which deck boxes you choose...
    - most pro players will not use them - that's true, maybe when selling, resseling cards in future...
    - too big to carry around - don't know how really it is big, but yeah...

So, think about deck boxes, or even maybe a card protectors (maybe not needed for older TCG players), but still it's nice to have them...
    Tins would be used mostly for storing, I mean, to be honest, store things in it, and put it somewhere, and that's all, not using it every day for something... It's cool to have it, but not that usable as deck boxes, which can be used also as a tin...
    As we take a bigger deck box like this:
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qTxgf8uqjb...ck%2BBoxes.jpg
    Then you can put two decks in it, and two boosters and it takes almost the same space when shipping...
    Or to make a 2 deck boxes version (1 deck), one for humans and one for shadow...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by vedranius View Post
    Tins:

+ good for collectors to store everything in - for me, I'll store my cards in plastic pages (I don't know how it is called...)
    - higher manufacturing costs - yes, deck boxes are kinda cheaper... Depending on which deck boxes you choose...
    - most pro players will not use them - that's true, maybe when selling, resseling cards in future...
    - too big to carry around - don't know how really it is big, but yeah...

So, think about deck boxes, or even maybe a card protectors (maybe not needed for older TCG players), but still it's nice to have them...
    Tins would be used mostly for storing, I mean, to be honest, store things in it, and put it somewhere, and that's all, not using it every day for something... It's cool to have it, but not that usable as deck boxes, which can be used also as a tin...
    As we take a bigger deck box like this:
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qTxgf8uqjb...ck%2BBoxes.jpg
    Then you can put two decks in it, and two boosters and it takes almost the same space when shipping...
    Or to make a 2 deck boxes version (1 deck), one for humans and one for shadow...
    LOL I actually participated in the event where they gave those boxes away. (didnt' get one though )

I'm honestly broken both ways. I would want them both. Can't, decide. lol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I prefer the tin just to have somewhere to store all the cards/mat/tokens together.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I voted for the deck box then I thought about it, many people have deck boxes and are very easy to get. Tins are very useful though and you can keep cards and tokens and stuff.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Deck boxes, like, good quality ones, are a great tool for advertising since people will use them not just for shadow era but other games as well. Tins however, while drawing more attention while used, are rarely if ever used. Players who go to hobby shops and the like to play will use backpacks or other kinds of cloth/quality containers, especially since they need to hold binders (usually large 3-ring ones), decks and their boxes, dice, sometimes paper, playmat(s), extra sleeves, etc. Right now the bag I use for Magic has two standard decks, one for modern, two for EDH, one core WoW deck, one WoW raid deck, 36 dice, two pads of paper, two pens, three playmats, one three ring binder, one smaller binder for alters and tokens, a pack of sleeves for drafting and a sealed copy of From the Vaults: Legends. No way in hell will that fit in a tin, nor would a tin fit in that bag. Deck boxes are cheaper, more practical, take up less space, and serve better to advertise the game. They also serve as a nice way to remind players of SE even if that's not the game they're currently playing.

Since deck boxes of all varying designs exist as well, players tend to form an association with the deck and its given box. For example, I keep the cards for the Onyxia raid deck from the WoWTCG in a set of Kamigawa deck boxes from Magic. I can say this because those cards have been in those boxes since the raid deck came out in 2006. Whenever someone mentions Kamigawa, I think Onyxia and vice versa. It's powerful word association, and I would definitely recommend taking advantage of it.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just put Zhanna on the front