Close

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Wording errors

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    It's too late to discuss more
    rewording for set1. That's all I can say.

Thanks for all your help.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow. I was simply searching for the damage type addition that I noticed on test server (yes I did not noticed until today..) and came across this post. I truly hope Awer applied for PFG-2 and been accepted. It is hard to appreciate subtle text formatting on CCG until you noticed something is confusing. In Shadow Era, as it is currently digital only usually the computer enforces the rule so its fine but physical card would not be the case. So the importance of the correct wording seem to be crucial.

In any event, phenomenal job Awer.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    On the issue of hero weapons, I imagine in the future their will be something like a dual wielding rogue ability or something to that effect. If it's already on the cards (pun intended) it may be worth classifying one or two handed weapons. And perhaps instead of clicking the Hero to attack you can instead click the weapon.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd like to thank the good people for the latest replies on this thread. Houshasen, I personally really appreciate your reply, and I agree with the points that both you and Keaven have made.

To everybody visiting this thread, like some of you have already noticed, I've created another thread related to the subject of wording errors to a more public section of the forum. Rather than "what wording errors exist", it is concerned with "how they will be dealt with". At the time I'm writing this, it is in the "General Discussion"-section and goes by the name of "Physical cards might have some (serious) wording errors", link here. Its location and title may be subject to change at some point, based on what's "going on" inside. For the same reason, I might later edit some of my recent posts here to include updated information.

EDIT:

I've actually utilized a rather simple method of discovering wording issues. In 3 easy steps:

1. Read a Shadow Era card that has wording.
    2. Imagine what that wording would be like in MTG.
    3. Any differences that you discover between the two may point to possible problems, of varying significance, with either within the current version, or in the future, when novel mechanics may interact with the current wording in unexpected ways.
    Last edited by Awer; 03-09-2012 at 09:53 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I strongly recommend the developers put up a card gallery with updated rules wording. Game mechanics will always be in progress, and back-changes are always possible (I would actually go further to say that they will definitely occur as new mechanics are added, and existing ones are refined)

Just look at the Gatherer site for MTG. The "oracle text" (official game text in other words) can sometimes be very different from the wording of printed cards.
    Spin Doctor of A1: Evolution in Theory

Thinking of joining a guild? Why not try out for the Acolytes of A1: Students today, Masters tomorrow