Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

first day of play

well i think this game is great but doesn't seem many people who have played games such as these before are playing. I see so many 50+ card decks and even some 70+'s lol.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    experience is always an advantage

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    How does a 50+ card deck mean they're new to TCGs? Many games have a 60 card minimum, and even though Magic had a 40 card minimum, most players used decks larger than 40.
    My music.
    Cthulhu fhtagn...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    it wasn't meant as a knock or anything. all card games have dif strategies andmin req. just that in my experience the ones that were at the minimum usually were the superior ones. I just wish we had a more refined interface to work with and the dumb leaving and no penalty thing sucks but so far so good. card art is amazing too, makes playing pretty enjoyable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Players with minimum deck size have a greater chance of pulling the cards they need, experienced players know this and dont make decks much larger than the minimum (ofc there are exceptions but generally speaking).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    exactly, thank you lol. I'm hoping once these new cards start comign out we will see a broader range of deck comps out there that counter and such ect.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I find high 30s works best for the wulven deck I run. It basically decks the other player and prevents their allies from doing serious damage.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Montag451 View Post
    and even though Magic had a 40 card minimum, most players used decks larger than 40.
    okay, i'm pretty sure mtg had a 60 card min.

edit: also, with this game since you can resource out cards you'll often times see more cards than 30. i'm run around 32-36 usually. 30 cards, while efficient, means that you have to have almost everything right. you you end up with all your high cards in the beginning hand your can't afford to resource them. this is one of the problems with eladwen decks. a lot of players i play hold on to their aeons for the entire game, so if they unfortunately get 2-3 aeons in their starting hand they are pigeon-holed.
    Last edited by autumnleaf; 03-08-2011 at 01:39 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    thats why you restrict yourself to 1 aoen in your hand and be happy you have a free sacrafice when another pops up:P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by autumnleaf View Post
    okay, i'm pretty sure mtg had a 60 card min.
    Dependent on game type. I forget which, but some had 40 minimum, others had 60. Most people think 60 because tournament games required 60.
    My music.
    Cthulhu fhtagn...