Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Physical cards in England!!!

Right I have ordered physical cards then I dawned on me, is there many people in England playing the game. If anyone in England plays the game and planning on physical cards can they reply to this message or pm me. I would love to have an opportunity to play without the possibility of lag, sync error and things that are annoying

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, I ordered a couple started decks. Which area of England you in? I don't (yet) have any personal transport, so rely on our train system, which makes getting around the country much harder than people from larger countries might think it is. I'm in Oxfordshire btw

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well if you live in the middle of England then no other part of the country is more than 3 hours away!

Contrast this with Australia... sometimes I forget to close the front gate and it takes me 2 weeks to walk back out to close it...

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I live in the UK.

Steve99 and Larken are also from the UK.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm Hampshire area I live in.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm from the UK too, I've ordered a few starter decks (mainly for the bonus shadow crystals really) but i doubt i'll ever actually play the physical card game with anyone. Although saying that i am tempted to order a booster box just for the fun of opening them all but this being England i know i will get hammered with customs charges on that making the cost rather too high...

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacescape View Post
    this being England i know i will get hammered with customs charges on that making the cost rather too high...
    Damn customs! Since the cards are effectively free, then there should be no customs duty to pay, right?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    Damn customs! Since the cards are effectively free, then there should be no customs duty to pay, right?
    Wishful thinking really, the cards aren't the free part of the transaction it's the Shadow Crystals and other bonus stuff. Anything above the 2 starter deck deal comes in above the UK customs limit of £15 (used to be £18 but was lowered late last year). It could depend on what Wulven declare on the front of the package but if they do it by the book then they have to put the actual sale vale ie 40 bucks for a booster box for example. Even if they don't its a fair sized box and customs may open it anyway or you might get lucky.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Surely they are all very generous gifts for buying so many shadow crystals

I'm not too far from London which would seem the most likely place to ever meet for games or holding a tourney in Starbucks!
    [CENTER]Shadow Era ETC.
    Exert Total Control

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm well I happy to travel to London for tournaments if a lot of people are playing. Maybe a draft game with lots of boosters and stuff an creating decks from just the boosters