Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank you all for your answers!

Clinging web is in general more useful than Freezing too btw and Retreat is better than both of them.
    Can you please explain? Is Clinging web better because cheaper? And why exactly is Retreat better? I started with four and then removed two... Maybe I should start using them again?

Welcome! You could do with one less card in your deck. Keeping to the minimum of 1 hero + 39 cards will increase consistency and is to be preferred unless you have good reason to add more. Also, be aware of upcoming changes:

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....to-Test-Server
    Arrrrrghhhh my 4 damages, gooooooone! Well maybe I'll be the occasion to switch to a priest deck then, I'd love to try one...

Do you happen to be playing Alteil before? (I find yer name quite familiar)
    Nope! Actually I just learned about this game, while searching for other freemiums like SE... I didn't try Alteil but I found Cabals, and it looks very good... Anyone playing it too?

Bout yer deck, I find it a bit hard to pull if going for gas/flames.. I normally see use of these with Nishaven - that doesnt have much problem wiping/controlling the board.
    3-4 Kris might do well. Wouldn't do much on the Lily unless you have another item other than Snow Saphire for diversity on her use.
    I do see Elad's strength comes in deathracing (direct damage against opponents while using Lightning Strike and Arcane to control the board in parallel). Although, this is about to change once version 1.3 becomes released in a weeks time.
    In fact I'm trying not to use too maybe allies... Kris is cheap and efficient, but... Hummm... Or maybe I can sac him when I start to have enough ressources to cast the bigger blast spells?

graphlem
    best advice I can give: wait until 1.3 comes out very soon before worrying about your current build. Eladwen won't even have the same ability and there are many new allies and spells.

And, welcome! Good to see fellow Magic players form back in the day (I started in 4th edition/Fallen Empires -- what a horrible expansion to start with!)
    Yeah I just saw that... But I'm just learning the game, not going for competitive play yet so it's ok if big changes happen in just a few days... In fact I'll be all excited to see the new cards!
    Fallen Empires yesssssss!!! I remember also playing with those crappy cards, and thinking "just a few months ago they had LEGENDS and I have to play with that!" lol

Rikilamaru
    Welcome soul! You Could test your deck out in one the tournaments.
    Thanks that would be nice! But do you have tourneys that people living in Asia can join? The time difference is pretty huge...

Thanks all for your comments anyway, great community!!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Well, I would go with something along these lines: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck/....2se138.3se026
    I'm not an expert, but I've included some more allies (notice the Aldon - Kris combo), Puwen and Jasmine are best 2cc and 3cc allies in the game (well, Pack Wolf is better but it's Wulven only), so here you go.
    Retreat is better than Webs and Freeze because it makes your opponent recast ally and spend resources again, also you can return your disabled/damaged allies with it to recover them. Dots haven't proven to be incredibly useful, because you don't want to stall with this deck anyway (or maybe you do want but there's gona be completely different deck/tactics).
    Arcane Burst removed because Puwen can chop weenies better, but if you like you can swap them other way around. I like allies but you have to fight for board control with them, so choices on you.
    Added 2 Misplaced so you have chances against Darkclaw stall decks (misplace his Full Moon/Rain Delay and attack).
    In 1.30 Elad will have additional 2 turn freeze to her ability but couldn't attack heroes.
    Last edited by Unruler; 02-01-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow now that's a lot of food for thoughts! Thanks very much for the advice! I was just starting to grasp how great could be retreat, but I hadn't realize yet how it can save your own allies...

The rest is also very interesting... Especially misplaced, which could have saved my life a few times today when I got destroyed by wulven decks...

I'll give it a try, thanks again!!