Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Smile Please give me advice on my deck

Hi all,

I'm a new player from living in Japan.

I loooooove card games, and recently I felt the urge to play MTG again after giving up a loooong time ago (about the time Mirage was released)... I spent 2 days last week end trying to install MTGO (I have a mac and had lots of trouble)... Then finally succeeded on Sunday night, spent 10 dollars on my account creation, went to bed... And then I thought "Hey let's browse the app store on my iphone and check the new games"... That's when I found Shadow Era.

Now it's Tuesday night: I spent 2 days trying to install MTGO, succeeded, played 5 minutes, then found Shadow Era, installed it in 10 seconds and have been playing the game nonstop since! So happy to find a quality TCG playable on the iphone!!

OK so I spent some time on a little deck and I would like to have your advice on how I can improve it:

http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck/....2se031.2se024

Looking forward to reading your advice,

Thanks guys!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Another Eladwen, here to own my Zaladar deck.
    Y U NO ALLOW IMAGES?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome Soul. =]
    It's a pretty good deck in my opinion. I'm not an advanced player as I've been playing even less than you have so take my advice with a grain of rice. I'm uncomfortable with the amount of allies you have, even though Eladwen is good as soloing it's good to have a little more back up. I'd suggest to increase your Jasmine to 4 and decrease Freeze to 2 and if that works out for you. This is just personal preference though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank you RandomGuy!

I like your idea, I noticed when testing the deck that I barely use the Freeze...
    Also, 1 point for the "grain of rice" lol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Seems mostly fine other than the inclusion of Lily which isn't that useful in this deck, would suggest replacing both with Jasmine. It is a little low on the allies side but if that's the way you prefer it, it isn't a must change option. Clinging web is in general more useful than Freezing too btw and Retreat is better than both of them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome! You could do with one less card in your deck. Keeping to the minimum of 1 hero + 39 cards will increase consistency and is to be preferred unless you have good reason to add more. Also, be aware of upcoming changes:

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....to-Test-Server

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hiya Soul... welcome to Shadow Era...

Do you happen to be playing Alteil before? (I find yer name quite familiar).

Enjoy buddy! Help is one thing abundant out here... healthy community too..

Bout yer deck, I find it a bit hard to pull if going for gas/flames.. I normally see use of these with Nishaven - that doesnt have much problem wiping/controlling the board.

3-4 Kris might do well. Wouldn't do much on the Lily unless you have another item other than Snow Saphire for diversity on her use.

I do see Elad's strength comes in deathracing (direct damage against opponents while using Lightning Strike and Arcane to control the board in parallel). Although, this is about to change once version 1.3 becomes released in a weeks time.

All the best! need anything just ask
    Team Juggernauts *ForeRunner*

IGN: TJ SO14RWIND
    LEAGUE: Red Division 3

Coming soon: Crown(12) Tournament | TWAIN Tournament | SoW Guild Challenge

“There is a difference between you and me... Yes, we both looked into the Abyss.... but when it looked back at us......you blinked!”

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    best advice I can give: wait until 1.3 comes out very soon before worrying about your current build. Eladwen won't even have the same ability and there are many new allies and spells.

And, welcome! Good to see fellow Magic players form back in the day (I started in 4th edition/Fallen Empires -- what a horrible expansion to start with!)
    1.25, 1.26, 1.27: 40 card decks, Big Bad Baduruu
    1.28/1.29 - best forgotten except for Elementalis Prime Grindage

1.5 - it's all good Naughty Gwenches
    -
    Players Focus Group 1, Missing In Action member of PFG 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome soul! You Could test your deck out in one the tournaments.
    MoonFire Fair Tournament
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....764#post160764