Close

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

NEW guild for NEW players - Acolytes of A1 !!!

I am very pleased to announce a new guild, aimed at new players, known by the name of Acolytes of A1.

So, what is Acolytes of A1? Good question.

I am constantly getting private messages and requests to join A1 from a variety of people. Notably, I seem to be getting several messages a week from new players, keen to prove that they are worthy of joining A1 but not able to meet our requirements. It has been an understandably hard job for me to reject so many applicants, a job that I do not relish. We want to help out these new members, and we want to provide a guild for them to grow and prosper, with the guidance and assistance of A1.

We also feel that the game is growing and expanding rapidly, with more demand for guilds and more opportunities in the future. To maintain our high standards, we do not wish to compromise on our member limit - but we do want to continue to assist in the development of the game, healthy competition and the growth of other players.

Acolytes of A1 is going to be A1's sister guild. It will come under the umbrella of A1, but still maintain their own independence and forums. The way the structure will work:

- Acolytes will have their own forum at www.a1-alliance.org/forums
    --> this forum will be viewable by Acolytes members and A1 Admin staff only, not regular A1 members. The reasoning behind this is simple; Acolytes is going to be their own guild, however being under the umbrella of A1, the A1 administrators and leader (ie. me) will be charged with steering them in the right direction, providing mentorship and keeping an eye on general affairs.
    --> to encourage further mentorship, the sharing of ideas, decks and tactics, there is also a shared forum which is viewable by all A1 members and all Acolytes. This forum will be where A1 members get to interact more privately with members of Acolytes of A1.
    --> to further encourage the spirit of sharing and mentorship, Acolytes will be given access to our invite only irc chat room and there will be regular events run (ie/ competitions).

- Acolytes will be run by an officer who is also a member of A1
    --> I am very pleased to announce that the 'leader' of Acolytes of A1 is Pyrogene.
    --> While I will be spiritually in charge, Pyrogene will be running the guild and making all of the decisions. My only role (and the role of the other A1 Administrators) will only be to passively oversee the running of the guild, stepping in only when Pyrogene needs me/us to and providing guidance to him
    --> Fusion Jam will have a team of Acolyte Officers that will help him to run the guild. These will not be A1 members, but members that Fusion Jam chooses from new recruits to help him out.

- Acolytes of A1 will be limited to 30 members. At least initially. This may grow to 40 or more members as demand increases.

- Acolytes will be in charge of their own recruitment. A1 will have no say in who gets into the Acolytes or not; each recruit will be discussed by Acolyte members in their forum and a vote made to decide whether an applicant is allowed into the guild or not

- Acolytes is aimed at newer players. Players who have been around the forums or in the game for a longer time frame can apply to A1 directly if they meet our recruitment standards (please see the A1 recruitment thread)

- Acolytes of A1 will also act as a feeder guild into A1.
    --> A1 has a very good retention rate in our members, however we do unfortunately lose a member a month on average due to people losing interest in the game or not having time to commit to our level of required activity. As such, we are constantly looking for new members.
    --> Once a month, Pyrogene and the A1 Administrators (who will be helping to mentor the Acolytes) will decide on one Acolyte member to formally get invited to try out for A1. If they are successful they will be allowed into A1 but have to leave the Acolytes
    --> This does not mean that we will not be looking to recruit members from other areas or that we will not bring others that apply in
    --> This does also not guarantee any Acolytes direct membership into A1; their entry is conditional still on being invited and meeting all of our requirements

- Acolytes will have similar values as A1; the exception being that Acolytes are not required to have 4x every card (or even the means to have 4 x every card) and are not expected to start contributing to the community immediately. We want to encourage our Acolytes to learn the game and grow as players as our first priority. Acolytes will also be granted the means to be able to test out cards they do not own.
    --> for a list of the values that A1 and Acolytes will share, please see the A1 recruitment thread, found here: http://www.shadowera...o-know-about-us

Ok, so this all sounds great right? How do you join?!

Joining is easy. Simply pm your interest to Pyrogene, or post here. Please post as much information about yourself, your TCG experience, your best heroes and your playstyle. Your application will then be discussed between the Acolytes of A1, and if it is felt you will fit into the guild you will be let in!

There will be, of course, teething problems. As far as I know, this has never been done in ShadowEra and we will have to work through problems as they arise. This is, however, a great opportunity for new players to grow and get all the benefits of a regular guild plus some benefits from being under the guidance of A1.

Announcement:

Acolytes of A1 has grown to well-beyond the original target size and much as we like to be accessible to new players, we have to cater to our current members to provide the best possible experience. Recruitment is now CLOSED. Membership will be by invitation only until further notice.

Interested applicants please feel free to continue posting your applications; that is the best way to get yourself on our radar. If a spot opens up, and we feel you would be a great addition to the guild, we will contact you via PM. Cheers!

FAQ:

What are the benefits of joining Acolytes of A1?

- You get all the normal benefits of being in a guild, such as building new friendships, sharing ideas in your own private forum, testing your decks against each other, testing your ideas against each other and having a platform to help you win competitions

- You also get the benefits of being under the A1 umbrella. This includes: shared irc chat with A1, shared internal tournaments and competitions with crystal prizes, shared private forums with A1 where we will share exclusively our decks and articles with our Acolytes before they get posted on the SE forums (or perhaps exclusively on our shared forum without it getting shared on the SE forums!), having the watchful eye of senior SE members looking out for you and helping you grow in the game.

- One Acolyte a month who stands out will be invited to try out for A1 formally

What are the guild values and do I have to have "Acolytes of A1" in my signature on the SE forums?

- Yes, the values of our new guild will be similar to the values of A1 (see above for a link to our recruitment page) and as part of that you will be required to proudly wear the badge of your new guild

Where are the Acolytes forums?

- www.a1-alliance.org/forums

- you will need to sign up and be given access by us first

How do I join?

- joining is easy. Simply pm your interest to Pyrogene, Demnchi, or post here. Please post as much information about yourself, your TCG experience, your best heroes and your playstyle. Your application will then be discussed between the Acolytes of A1, and if it is felt you will fit into the guild you will be let in!

Announcement:

Acolytes of A1 has grown to well-beyond the original target size and much as we like to be accessible to new players, we have to cater to our current members to provide the best possible experience. Recruitment is now CLOSED. Membership will be by invitation only until further notice.

Interested applicants please feel free to continue posting your applications; that is the best way to get yourself on our radar. If a spot opens up, and we feel you would be a great addition to the guild, we will contact you via PM. Cheers!

Who is the leader of this guild?

- Pyrogene will be in charge of the guild, while I will remain in charge of A1 as a whole (which includes all of our projects and this sister guild - I will however only step in IF I REALLY have to, otherwise everything else is run by Pyrogene)

Thanks for reading this wall of text. We are very excited about our new venture, and hope to hear from as many new players that are interested in having all of the benefits of a guild AND MORE!

Wtzky

Leader of A1 - continuing to challenge and change the meta - Evolution in Theory
    Last edited by Wtzky; 05-12-2012 at 07:48 AM.
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Tl:dr version:

GS is hungry. He needs more people to munch on. You're it.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    truly awesome
    GreatOldOne - A1's Cthulian Horror
    A1: Evolution in Theory

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Sealed Deck Champion
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    All the best for Acolytes!
    Good Luck FJ
    Hope this guild will also become a success like A1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Pm sent. Great opportunity for the noobs such as myself.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    CAN
    I JOIN please?
    Y U NO ALLOW IMAGES?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    LOL! Infraynor :P
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    thanks you
    Thanks for the post Wtzky.
    I look forward to meeting new recruits and look forward to playing long side them. while hoping to get a few members ranked higher then some A1 members .

But in short I like to wish you all the best of luck and look forward to meeting exciting new members
    Radioactive Jelly of Acolytes of A1
    Student's today, masters tomorrow

please look at for more info on AA1 or here for more info on A1

"For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."

-Sun Tzu

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Food food food food
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    GS You must be FAT

By NoW
    Y U NO ALLOW IMAGES?