Good read Sooth I miss Exodia lol
    Proud member of the Shadow Era Design Team
    Love and Peace!
    Former Physical World Champion
    Card Advantage 101

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    yeah, same here. i miss so many of those strats. deck destruction? recursion? i am tired of burn, control, and rush
    Accolades:
    Former Member of The A1 Alliance "Evolution In Theory"
    Season 4 Hall of Fame Top Ranking - Ranked #14 soothslyr1
    Gondoriandotcom Flash Tournament - Winner (Over Portgaz D Ace) Team Juggernaut
    Bluejet24 Crown Tournament - Winner (Over Crispy1313)
    Hatts Pop up Tournament - Winner (Jjsia) A1 Member

Contributions To The Community:
    Priest Tactics Forum
    Ways To Play
    Advanced Strategies [Part: 1]
    Advanced Strategies [Parts: 2 & 3]

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    To be honest I don't see SE surviving in the physical world. Not enough variation. And if we continue to move towards making it enjoyable on mobile (ie remove stall, interrupts etc) I think it will fail.
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by soothslyr View Post
    yeah, same here. i miss so many of those strats. deck destruction? recursion? i am tired of burn, control, and rush
    +1, their is a serious lack of varity, and "npe" nerfs arent helping.
    Coder of the Night -- A1 : Evolution in Theory

Member of the Player's Focus Group 1

My Decks:
    -------------

My Articles:
    My Strategy articles compilation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    well, it all depends on the vision of the Design Team, and the release cycles.

Perhaps it might be better to divert the game at some point, and make the physical cards a different branch. i completely agree that the physical cards have a different market, and will have to account for that differently than the online game.

se physical - tcg

se online - mmo

not the same, and cannot be governed by the same rules.
    Accolades:

Priest Tactics Forum
    Ways To Play

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't see a set 2 for the physical cards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Very nice thread here soothslyr,really needed some explanations on the different types of decks out there.I was a little confuse until now concerning the exact terminology behind rush or burn,mill or deck construction,but now all is clear.Thank you very much.....this really should be stickied IMO.

As for the debate between physical vs online Shadow Era,i don't think that the physical game should have different rules than it's online counterpart just because the devs want to get more money from it....it would be very chaotic,IMO.SE is cool and all,but it will be hard to build a solid fanbase between the more established TCG,like MTG,YU-Gi-OH,Pokemon or WOW.I think that SE has a got a good niche here,a profitable one I may add,so going into battle in the physical world would be a very risky business,especially for a new company like wulven.I really don't foresee in the near future such development.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anima Immortalis View Post
    Very nice thread here soothslyr,really needed some explanations on the different types of decks out there.I was a little confuse until now concerning the exact terminology behind rush or burn,mill or deck construction,but now all is clear.Thank you very much.....this really should be stickied IMO.

As for the debate between physical vs online Shadow Era,i don't think that the physical game should have different rules than it's online counterpart just because the devs want to get more money from it....it would be very chaotic,IMO.SE is cool and all,but it will be hard to build a solid fanbase between the more established TCG,like MTG,YU-Gi-OH,Pokemon or WOW.I think that SE has a got a good niche here,a profitable one I may add,so going into battle in the physical world would be a very risky business,especially for a new company like wulven.I really don't foresee in the near future such development.
    happy to have helped. as you saw, i posted this as a blog post as well. i figured that it would be better logged there, and would more than like it be lost in the ether here.

as for the argument between physical and online, you may be a little bit confused. here is what we are talking about:

in physical card games, complex is key. it allows the game to be open and allow for many different strategies from its players. as i listed above, there are at least 11 major deck types, and several sub-deck types. this keeps people coming back. they get to experiment and try new ways to play. the creativity is rewarded, and ingenuity is endless. people will go back to it for hundreds, if not thousands of hours. the fans are loyal, and it never gets boring to them. with each release, there are new ways to play, and new strategies/combos to try out. the fun never ends.

in an online card game, it is played differently. the trick to play matches that don't last quite as long, so you can get your fix of playing a card game when you are in situations that you usually wouldn't have the time to. it does not need to be as robust as a physical game because most players won't have the time to develop their strategies and decks the way that they would with a physical game. people will come and go, but not really stick with the game as much. it is tailored to the casual gamer more. do also understand that this is a very new genre, and shadow era is one of only a handful of games that fit into this category, and possibly the first to start online without a physical counterpart. the market is different, and who you are catering to is different. physical players will try to play the online version like they would the physical version, and the online players will not care to play it the the same way that you would a physical game. most people find physical card games daunting anyways.

what we are simply saying, is that wolven inc. cannot have their cake and eat it too. you can't make both groups happy. the physical players will get bored with the game very quickly, and the online people will float in and out of vogue with the game. you can either make it more complex and risk alienating the online (casual) players, or you keep it simple (as is), and you risk boring and alienating the physcial players (almost all of the top tiered players here).

i think that covers it lol. sorry for another wall of text. they just seem to keep coming to me. perhaps i should write a book :P
    Accolades:

Priest Tactics Forum
    Ways To Play

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by soothslyr View Post
    happy to have helped. as you saw, i posted this as a blog post as well. i figured that it would be better logged there, and would more than like it be lost in the ether here.

as for the argument between physical and online, you may be a little bit confused. here is what we are talking about:

in physical card games, complex is key. it allows the game to be open and allow for many different strategies from its players. as i listed above, there are at least 11 major deck types, and several sub-deck types. this keeps people coming back. they get to experiment and try new ways to play. the creativity is rewarded, and ingenuity is endless. people will go back to it for hundreds, if not thousands of hours. the fans are loyal, and it never gets boring to them. with each release, there are new ways to play, and new strategies/combos to try out. the fun never ends.

in an online card game, it is played differently. the trick to play matches that don't last quite as long, so you can get your fix of playing a card game when you are in situations that you usually wouldn't have the time to. it does not need to be as robust as a physical game because most players won't have the time to develop their strategies and decks the way that they would with a physical game. people will come and go, but not really stick with the game as much. it is tailored to the casual gamer more. do also understand that this is a very new genre, and shadow era is one of only a handful of games that fit into this category, and possibly the first to start online without a physical counterpart. the market is different, and who you are catering to is different. physical players will try to play the online version like they would the physical version, and the online players will not care to play it the the same way that you would a physical game. most people find physical card games daunting anyways.

what we are simply saying, is that wolven inc. cannot have their cake and eat it too. you can't make both groups happy. the physical players will get bored with the game very quickly, and the online people will float in and out of vogue with the game. you can either make it more complex and risk alienating the online (casual) players, or you keep it simple (as is), and you risk boring and alienating the physcial players (almost all of the top tiered players here).

i think that covers it lol. sorry for another wall of text. they just seem to keep coming to me. perhaps i should write a book :P
    I understand your arguments and i agree fully with what you said there,but IMO,if wulven will go on that road,it will risk losing it's identity,which,if you followed Kyle's posts,is quite important for them to uphold.As you can see.MTG also has an online version,but the rules stayed the same,they could've simplified it if they wanted too.And furthermore, i really don't expect SE to be as succesfull in the physical world than in the online one,many will still prefer playing mtg or WOW as their physical TCG....the top tiered players in SE are just a few,not enough for solid marketing of the game....and the casual gamers willl likely want to play it online.As i said,it will be a risk for them,because nobody entered from online to physical in the past.Just my two cents anyway