Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Faster draw, Good Control, Powerful Allies Boris Deck under Development

Hey all;

I was looking around the warrior strategy forum and did not see too much Boris decks of this type. If I've overlooked my apology. I'm also playing a slight variation of Zhanna Bad mom deck. Some of the thoughts I've came up here was from that deck. I also like to play long and exciting games not quick 5 turn beats. How would a deck like this be against Eladwen? All advice is welcome. Please advice if the ratio of these cards are good.

Firstly I would like to discuss the concept of this deck:
    1. More or fast draw
    2. very good board control.
    3. Strong allies.

Deck:

Hero:
    1 Boris Skullcrusher

16 Allies:
    4 Tainted Oracle
    4 Jasmine
    3 Aldon
    2 Lily
    3 Earthern Protector

8 Abilities:
    3 Smashing Blow
    1 Enrage
    4 Crippling Blow

15 Items:
    3 War Banner
    3 Blood Frenzy
    2 Kings Pride
    4 Jewelers Dream
    3 Dual Wield

40 card deck

Explanation:
    1. More or fast draw: We have 2 sources for this. TO and BF. To think about: is adding Bazaar and Bad Santa. The idea is have a large pool of resources say 7 and using Jewelers Dream to get 2 extra resources so its like 9 resources. With that amount of resources at your disposal you may cast a lot of things per turn.

2. very good board control: We have Jasmines ability, smash blow to deal with weapons and armor (still need to consider misplace for other items), crippling blow, and last but not least Bories ability to deal with those weeny monsters at every 4 turns.

3. Strong allies: We have aldon, war banner & KP to give allies +4 attack. Also EP to give additional boost to fallen allies. Even our Hero can be potentially strong too. With Dual wield and Lily to bring back DW.

Thanks for looking at my deck.

Version 2:
    1 Boris
    4 Jasmine
    3 Aldon
    2 Brig
    3 Sandworm
    3 Puwen
    4 TO <- for now

4 BF
    3 Crip Blow
    4 Retreat
    2 Enrage
    2 War Banner
    3 Smashing Blow

2 JD
    Last edited by dyny; 01-31-2012 at 06:42 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dyny View Post
    With Dual wield and Lily to bring back DW.
    Lily canīt bring back DW.

such a big draw and no kris or birgitte? aldon+war banner+kings pride = instant 5 dmg with kris.
    and why earthen protector if u donīt have any protector to protect them?

if u want a deck with big draw than get 4x bad santa in deck.

if u make this deck to beat eladwen u need at least 2x enrage. and u need other allies - all ur allies will die at a nova or her ability or fireball or lightning strike or or or ..... u need worms or raven, u need kris, u need RETREAT!

if u want a consistent deck vs eladwen try one like this:

Hero:
    1 Boris Skullcrusher

16Allies:
    4 Kris
    4 Jasmine
    3 Aldon
    3 Raven
    2 Aeon

18 Abilities:
    3 Smashing Blow
    2 Enrage
    3 Retreat
    2 Crippling Blow
    4 Bad Santas
    4 Blood Frenzy

5-6 Items:
    2 War Banner
    1-2 Kings Pride
    2 Jewelers Dream

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lily ability can bring back item: dual wield is an item.

As far as protector: I like Brig > aeon because it's cheaper. I do aim for low cost casting w decent amount of resources.

I wasn't thinking much of using bad santa bc I don't want opp to draw. Also thinking if i should place misplace in deck. But just that opp can cast it the next turn. That is also y i choose to us TO.

Something I would like to ask u is:
    1. Y no dual wield?
    2. Is 2 crip blow enough?

Thanks for your input its very helpful.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lily does not bring back DW. which makes me think you have not played the deck yet. The best way to find out what problem a deck has is to play it.

Firstly, since you are playing a warrior, 4 X BF is an auto-include. Now, the thing about draw is that if you have BF out, you don't often run out of cards unless you are playing a lot of low cc allies which isn't the case here. As such, TO is relatively unneeded. I would use Raven instead for board control. Misplaced is also useful against DC (for the RD/Full Moon) which your deck seems to be weak against.

DW is used primarily by Logan to kill allies with armour and Amber to deal more damage. Boris isn't that weapon dependant and the main point of JD is for resource acceleration, not damage.

Running only crippling blow makes you Moonstalker weak. You have nothing to get rid of his PBs so would suggest running some combination of retreat with it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If 2 ppl says it doesn't bring it back then I believe.

It was a typo I meant to say that Lily was suppose to bring back JD. I have a feeling that eventually I'll switch to amber.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Maybe in the next round of purchases I'll use Raven. Didn't want to spare the gold for it as of yet.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    if you want to beat Elad you have to win first 3 turn board controll thats means kris puwen aldon or bridg puwen\blake jasmine\aldon cripple blow, than getting 3 Enrage to be sure to get it before you are killed. And of caurse at least 3 destroy arms to counter dagger\SS. Than the rest of cards you can choose your own but in current meta the main thing is to be albe to counter death race and im glad it will end in 1.3 as PFG say.