Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Physical Draft Ideas

When physical cards arrive.. I'm trying to figure out a way to draft with friends. I came up with the following, which seems like it would be the most viable... feedback very welcome!

Basic draft, 3 packs - take a card, pass left (p1), right (p2), left (p3).

Only class card restrictions would be enforced.. meaning you can have both human / shadow ally in the same deck, but a warrior hero could not have an elemental card in his deck.
    You could pick any hero (from your collection) after drafting.
    Minimum deck size would be 30 or possibly 20 with a re-shuffle (need to be tested to see how well the decks work with class restrictions.)

Thoughts? I think this can work, but I'd love to hear other people's ideas.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think it's certainly a possibility, but more probable if you have your own set of rules and restrictions in place. That'd make for an interesting game though...human warriors hurling out plasma behemoths...sounds good lol.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think you should keep the human/shadow restriction. And go for 30 cards. Maybe then a 4th pack is needed. I can't tell it exactly without testing but both human and shadow allies or less than 30 cards sounds akward.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There used to be a 30 card minimum, but it was increased to 40 for various reasons, including new cards and changed Hero abilities. I think that Human/Shadow restrictions should be kept, cause I sure don't want to see a Brutal Minotaur hiding behind an Aeon or a Gwen never losing durability with Shadow Font. However, by my estimate, you would then need five boosters for a 30 card min and seven for a 40 card min, which could get expensive.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    There used to be a 30 card minimum, but it was increased to 40 for various reasons, including new cards and changed Hero abilities. I think that Human/Shadow restrictions should be kept, cause I sure don't want to see a Brutal Minotaur hiding behind an Aeon or a Gwen never losing durability with Shadow Font. However, by my estimate, you would then need five boosters for a 30 card min and seven for a 40 card min, which could get expensive.
    I think that draft with 30 would be okay. It was just in the days of Majiya brokeness that 30 was too small for a constructed deck. A lot of those brutal combos are rare dependant, which would not be common, but I can see your point. I feel as though some restrictions have to be lifted, or else you will have to draft 5-7 packs. I don't think it should be class, or else everyone would juat gravitate towards the best shadow/human heros regardless of cards drafted. Tough to call.

Banned
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Theres no way you could make this balanced. Allowing shadow/human to use each others cards would break the game.

If you want to do a limited tourny, everyone picks a starter deck, and you draft 2 packs.