Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The promo card

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The exclusive ally is going to be epic. Nearly all of the epic cards are game changers (arguments can be made for some of the weapons, but at least they all have a major impact). Furthermore, most people are only going to have one copy, so it probably wouldn't pop up in every game or have decks built around it. If it was extremely OP, it could just be considered invalid for tournaments, which frequently happens with promo cards anyways.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    wrong thread!
    Last edited by Andols; 01-29-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I want that digital version too! it would be totally awesome
    Elder TJ

1.25 - Majiya, Elementalis 1.26 - Jericho, Amber, Gwen 1.27 - Boris, Majiya, Jericho, Gwen 1.28 - Eladwen, Logan, Amber
    1.29 - Logan, Amber, Eladwen, Moonstalker 1.30 - Gravebone, Banebow, Lance 1.50 - Lance, Majiya, Eladwen

IGN: TJ Ace

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomzed View Post
    And what better way to show ppl in-game, that we were there at the beginning by casting the neutral epic ally in game.

Opponent - "OMG! What's that card? You cheater/ hacker....!"
    me - "Nope. I was just there at the beginning of SE. You should have seen how imbal Majiya was.... but hey, i survived till now. Maybe you can get the epic neutral in Set 2"
    Tsk,tsk,it's not nice to show off in front of others that had the bad luck to not know about the game as soon as you...it is very unprofessional.Either way,if the promo card is limited on just one copy,then it's just fine....i mean,if he is like an Aeon or something,he surely will not be such a game changer and the probability will be quite low for it do be drawn.I'm 100% that the devs will not OP it in any way.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GS View Post
    Go refund beer cans for ten lousy bucks.
    i got hit by a f*cking car. i cant walk. and i don't drink. jeez. and EVERYONE is completely missing the point. if theres an option to get free cards just ordering shadow crystals, then i missed it. i looked on the site and you have to buy cards. im having issues with mail and plus like i said, i don't have anyone to play with and i don't want them sitting around. im tired of staring at stuff im not gonna use. I hope SOMEONE would be able to understand that.

If there's a way to donate money or something and get it, im cool with that, but i haven't seen anything on the physical card order site unless i accidentally missed it.
    Last edited by glencocoe; 01-29-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by glencocoe View Post
    i got hit by a f*cking car. i cant walk. and i don't drink. jeez. and EVERYONE is completely missing the point. if theres an option to get free cards just ordering shadow crystals, then i missed it. i looked on the site and you have to buy cards. im having issues with mail and plus like i said, i don't have anyone to play with and i don't want them sitting around. im tired of staring at stuff im not gonna use. I hope SOMEONE would be able to understand that.

If there's a way to donate money or something and get it, im cool with that, but i haven't seen anything on the physical card order site unless i accidentally missed it.
    And surely you can understand why we want the digital epic card. If everyone played for free, then SE wouldn't exist would it?

The physical cards are free in the sense that before they announced the physical cards, $10 would get you 1300 crystals... and now for $10 you get the 1300 crystals and physical cards... so you see how they are free?

Though if the epic card is a game changer, then there will be lots of ppl claiming "I can't win because I can't get that 1 card..." so I'm torn on this issue. I suspect a comprise of only being able to put 1 copy in your digital deck would make most ppl happy...
    Last edited by Helio; 01-29-2012 at 07:40 PM.
    SHADOW ERA, ETC
    Enjoy Trading Card-games

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I believe the card will merely be strong but far from game-breaking. Perhaps a fairly cost-efficient weenie (to put things in context, erika for 4 mana or aeon for 5) that acts as a nice complement to any army.

We see quite a few examples in M:TG, where the winners of the Magic invitationals were allowed to design their own card to be included in a future booster. Their creations are fairly potent (but often not in the 10/10 for 1 mana category; rather their usefulness are more subtle, are good enough in their own rights, and often require decks to be built around them to maximise their usefulness).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Money isn't the problem...I could buy a lot. Again it's not the problem as I've already shelled $50 @ SE from the start & probably will more. People keep talking about currency = to shadow crystals. I get that. I'm just saying simply I can't really do much about because I'm having issues right now.

So again, is there an option to buy shadow crystals/donate & get the card?

P.S. Sorry, I just get upset sometimes about alcohol related stuff...I'm still upset a little bit about it and such

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @glencoce, sorry to hear about ur RL issues.

First there have been no mention of the digital card. We are requesting for it, and of course comments like yours won't help

Second, if you don't want the physical cards you can always eBay it. You are getting double the crystals worth bec of the bonuses. That means that you pay $10, you get $20 worth of shadow crystals. So even for those who don't want to get the cards it's a great deal now.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So, does anyone already know what that card is? :P