x1 Curse
    x2 Good Ascendant
    x1 Bazaar
    x1 King's Pride
    x1 Mournblade
    x1 Wizent's Staff
    x1 Ghostmaker

Total: 43

I basically want a good control deck which can control the field, can get allies out effectively and quickly and then when I attack for it to hurt as much as possible. So far though my W:L is pretty ... average, so feel free to tear my deck to shreds and tell me what to improve

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Too many one-offs. Drop the Blakes and Mournblade, add more Aldon and Wizent's Staff. Adjust from there for your own play style.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    x4 wiz staff
    x4 tidal wave
    x4 destroy arms

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    that is a risky deck so many 1x cards try to focus on having 3x or 4x of important cards main cards for your deck

then like 2x on staple cards, cards you like to use but dont need too

something like kings prides could be a 2x or 3x staple where good ascendent be like 2x staple

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Have 4 tidal waves for sure. As a priest your job is to control the field. I would also recommend adding 1 or 2 more retreats for that same reason. I run 3 kings pride in my deck as well. That should be your finisher.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Updated deck (unfinished)

x1 Zhanna

x4 Jasmine Rosecult
    x2 Lily Rosecult
    x4 Puwen Bloodhelm
    x3 Birgitte Skullborn
    x2 Erika Shadowhunter
    x2 Raven Wildheart
    x1 Aeon Stormcaller
    x2 Aldon the Brave

x4 Healing Touch
    x4 Tidal Wave
    x3 Destroy Arms
    x2 Smite
    x2 Retreat

x2 Curse
    x2 Good Ascendant
    x2 King's Pride
    x2 Wizent's Staff

Was just now able to hold my own against another Zhanna, using the Wizent's Staff to draw cards every turn leaving my hand almost full while theirs would have 1-3 cards. After a while of back-and-forth combat I was able to tidal wave a Raven, Aldon and Jasmine, and even though they were on ~20 life, they just resigned since I'm guessing I'd now finished off the last of their strong allies.

I've got to say, I'm enjoying the consistency much more, though I'm sure there's still room for improvement. Just need to make a bit more gold so I can buy all the cards I need and I should be set; being unwilling to spend real money when there's alternative ways to get crystals may make this take a while though, lol.
    Last edited by TOPSECRET; 01-22-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My suggestion would be to take it down to 40 cards total for more consistency. To do that, I'd take out the good ascendant and smites.

From there, you need to work out what your strategy is and make some tweaks. Personally, I don't like playing out much on the board early game because you're just going to tidal wave anyway. I don't play any allies below 4cc, and the 4cc allies I do play (tainted oracle and lily) are only really there for utility. To help me survive the early game, I run 4x curse and 4x retreat. To make sure I have enough draw to get the tidal wave when I need it (somewhere betwen T5 and T7), I run 3x tainted oracle and 3x wizent's staff. But that could just be personal preference, if you like the early game allies then you obviously need to make room for them somehow.

Also, I'd look into armoured sandworm instead of Raven as your late game finisher. Somewhere from 2-4 of them, backed up with King's Pride (personally, I like to run 3) is the perfect finisher. They're almost impossible to kill with damage which is exactly what you need to hold the late game board.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Been modifying it a bit more and at the moment I've now got:

1x Zhanna

4x Jasmine Rosecult
    4x Raven Wildheart
    4x Birgitte Skullborn
    2x Armored Sandworm
    2x Lily Rosecult
    2x Aldon the Brave
    1x Aeon Stormcaller

4x Tidal Wave
    4x Healing Touch
    4x Destroy Arms

2x Good Ascendant
    2x Curse
    2x Wizent's Staff
    2x King's Pride

But in games it now seems to be much too slow so what normally ends up happening is my opponents (who all seem to be rushing lately) will get a load of allies out on to the field and then on turn 5 I have to Tidal Wave and from then on built up my allies on the field, and at that point they'll be at risk of removal or being disabled which means my build up tends to be quite slow. I have the Birgittes in my deck therefore to shield the cards I get out, forcing my opponents to have to take out both of them but that means again I have a slow build up.

Should I put my Puwens back in, or maybe Smite to burn weaker enemies?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The issue is planning to use TW on t5...don't plan to use TW, TW should be your "get out of jail" card.

However you plan it, you will end up using TW at some point. Which means try to fit either Resurrection or Ghostmaker into this deck to bring your dead allies back.

Also 2 wizent staff is not enough card draw. Anyone who plays against a priest knows how slow their decks are without consistent draw so that is the first thing to be destroyed.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor