Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New player with questions

Hello, I am Yindoxy. I am a front page writer for SixPrizes.com (Pokemon TCG) and I have gotten into this game because of J-Wittz, but I don't know his username.

I started out with the Rogue Human deck, which has started to seems like a really bad idea because I can't keep up with the speed of the game of maybe I'm just not playing the game as well as I should. Does anyone have any improvements they can think of other than purchasing a new deck?

Also, I am very interested in learning the metagame, so if anyone here could help tutor me, that would be great!

Thanks,

Yindoxy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by yindoxy View Post
    Hello, I am Yindoxy. I am a front page writer for SixPrizes.com (Pokemon TCG) and I have gotten into this game because of J-Wittz, but I don't know his username.

I started out with the Rogue Human deck, which has started to seems like a really bad idea because I can't keep up with the speed of the game of maybe I'm just not playing the game as well as I should. Does anyone have any improvements they can think of other than purchasing a new deck?

Also, I am very interested in learning the metagame, so if anyone here could help tutor me, that would be great!

Thanks,

Yindoxy
    As far as I know, you don't need to buy another deck. You can reset your account and change your hero.

You can see in the following link how to do that.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....a-successfully

Besides that, I'm as new as you here... And more or less the same. Some experience with Pokémon TCG and plenty of it with MTG.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    getting rogue decks working is hard, there are some good decks for them working in the rogue section.
    if you havnt spent anything or brought cards you can do a reset for another deck.( not sure where the link is)
    Wtzky benginner guides all woth a look

Welcome and good luck
    Radioactive Jelly of Acolytes of A1
    Student's today, masters tomorrow

please look at for more info on AA1 or here for more info on A1

"For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."

-Sun Tzu

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cool, and thanks.

I'm not really looking for a new deck. I'm looking more for improving my current deck with the experience that I've been gathering by going through the game. I may decide a reset is necessary, though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    http://game.shadowera.com/bonus.php <- for free SC

If you reset note that your gold and cards are gone. If you have not started for long, it may be better to just start a new account.

Rogue is currently one of the weakest but 1.30 is coming soon which may change that.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First, look at which hero you are using. A Lance deck will consist mostly of allies with very few other cards (still recommend Stop, Thief! Assassination, and possibly Reconnaissance). A Serena deck, on the other hand, will run lighter on allies but run many weapons and armors.

Second, look at the Rogue forum to see if any decks their match your style.

Third, wait until 1.3 comes out.

We can help more if you post your deck.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    First, look at which hero you are using. A Lance deck will consist mostly of allies with very few other cards (still recommend Stop, Thief! Assassination, and possibly Reconnaissance). A Serena deck, on the other hand, will run lighter on allies but run many weapons and armors.

Second, look at the Rogue forum to see if any decks their match your style.

Third, wait until 1.3 comes out.

We can help more if you post your deck.
    I picked Lance because I believed that haste would be good, but it doesn't seem to be fitting my play-style at all.

I will be checking on that later because I have an audition that will be going on soon.

Any idea when that will be coming out?

As for the deck, I was trying to find ways to increase my ally casts and drawing so it's just the structure deck with +2 Bazaar for draw and +2 Kristoffer Wyld for a quick attacker. Otherwise, and I just thought of this now, do decks in this game need to be run tight, like in Yu-Gi-Oh where people stick to the 40 card minimum, or looser like in MTG and some Pokemon decks?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrogene View Post
    http://game.shadowera.com/bonus.php <- for free SC

If you reset note that your gold and cards are gone. If you have not started for long, it may be better to just start a new account.

Rogue is currently one of the weakest but 1.30 is coming soon which may change that.
    I may reset, but I'm at level 4 already and I don't want to lose everything. Do you still think I should change (am I too far in) or should I wait until the update and then make the decision?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I personally would not encourage resetting.

1.3 should be out by the end of the month. Of all the card changes that will be made, Rogues will be hardest hit, with cost reductions to half their abilities, a health buff to Nightshade, rework to Mugged, and a couple other minor improvements. Meanwhile, most other card changes to other classes are nerfs.

Size depends partly on style. Most people insist that anything over 40-45 has no chance of winning as draws for specific cards become very low. On the other hand, some decks work fine at large card counts.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'll take that into account and I just got some SC for new cards.

I'm starting to look over the difficultly level for playing these decks, and I like the challenge it presents, but I may need something easier to get a grip on the metagame and gather coins. Any suggestions, as someone from the metagame, for what I should get?

Thanks!