Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

★Boris★ 17:1 climbing the ladder

Actually rated only 223, because two victory ended by a disconnection, (i have a bad internet, that's why i don't play with my main account)

Boris

4 Jasmine
    4 Puwen
    3 Birgitte
    3 Raven
    3 Aldon
    3 Aeon
    4 Smashing Blow
    2 Enrage
    3 Crippling Blow
    4 Blood Frenzy
    3 Retreat
    2 Bad Santa
    2 Jeweler's Dream

Jasmine ⇒ best 3cc ally

Puwen ⇒ best 2cc ally.

Birgitte ⇒ very useful, screw Zaladar, Moonstaker, Boris, ect... Protect her the more you can !

Raven ⇒ survive to a super nova, have a nice ability.

Aldon ⇒ the only allies buff in this deck.

Aeon ⇒ still very good, heck, just sac it vs Logan, vs Elementals they will use a MC on it, it's good.. Using MC = nothing else cast on their turn.. Screw mage, Amber, Boris.

Smashing Blow ⇒ with Darkclaw, Logan, Amber around, it's always good 4 isn't too much. Also a easy win vs Gweneth and a desesperate mage using snow sapphire...

Enrage ⇒ 2 to be sure to have one when i need it.

✪ Crippling blow ⇒ that and Boris ability = early board control.

Blood Frenzy ⇒ time to enjoy it, it's only 2cc,

Retreat ⇒ always one of the best cards of the whole set.

Bad Santa ⇒ card draw if no Blood Frenzy, i keep it even if i have already blood frenzy, can be a good emergency button (need a smashing blow ? →Bad Santa will give it to you..). Also never use a Bad Santa when you have an extra 2 ressources on your turn, always cast it in the begining of your turn.

Jeweler's Dream ⇒ never sac it, cast it wisely, never use it if you don't need the extra ressources (if no opponent's allies on the board)

The only game i lost was vs Eladwen, for one HP, unfortunatly i saced an Aldon two turns before, to end with a stupid Puwen in my hand on my last turn..

EDIT : i made a little change, -1 Smashing Blow, -1 Crippling Blow, + 2 The King's Pride. Currently over 240, after tons of defeats because of disconection.. ...
    Last edited by kentuequi; 03-01-2012 at 02:46 AM.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What's the reason for Birgitte to be 3, not 4?
    Shadow Era, ETC

Evolve Through Cooperation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No room. If you have too many of her, your hand runs empty too quickly. 3 is a nice number.

Great build Kentuequi!
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks iClipse,

@bobwei, what iClipse said, also you don't need too many Birgitte, if you go second and your opponent summon a Firesnake you don't summon Birgitte, also she can became Carniboar's food, making him strong enough to eat your T2 Puwen next turn... And Birgitte isn't good when you're top decking.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Update, i'm 24:2 with this deck now, unfortunatly two disconnections (one game where i was winning, the other dc too early to know) cost me lots of points, only 230 rating atm. Lost to a solid Zaladar.

⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm sorry, but getting a 17:1 or even 24:2 w:l record on a new account playing i'm sure against people mostly sub 200 rating with bad, >40 card decks isn't really much to speak of. You're obviously a good player, any good player with a non-stupid 40 card deck is going to dominate at those levels.

I'm sure the deck is good (pretty much as good as any similar pile of warrior cards), but the w:l ratio at that rating level isn't really much of an indicator of that.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You're sure but you don't really know, my last games were vs 40 Eladwen, 40 Moonstalker..., and others [IRONY] unworthy opponent with low rating [/IRONY] (265, 241, 226, 216, 228).

I made this thread for people who want a boris deck who win games, and give ratio to prove it.

Also i don't understand why Boris is so underused since it's the best Hero of 1.29 imo and quite easy to use.

Thanks.
    Last edited by kentuequi; 01-25-2012 at 01:08 PM.

⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentuequi View Post
    Thanks iClipse,

@bobwei, what iClipse said, also you don't need too many Birgitte, if you go second and your opponent summon a Firesnake you don't summon Birgitte, also she can became Carniboar's food, making him strong enough to eat your T2 Puwen next turn... And Birgitte isn't good when you're top decking.
    Oh didn't see it until now.. It looks like a good answer to me. So you usually don't play Birgitte on T1, do u?
    Shadow Era, ETC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yup, i try to keep her for a better use like T4 Jasmine/Adon + Birgitte, but if i have 2 Birgitte in starting hand and if i'm sure a Carniboar won't eat her (if i'm going first with a puwen in hand) i sometimes summon her T1, also if i have a Blood Frenzy that i'm going to cast T2 (because with the extra cards i'm going to draw, i can easily waste a Birgitte T1, and if my opponent have no allies to summon it's all good), or a Crippling Blow in hand... If i have a JD, i'll keep her for T4~T5.

⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thx for your response which covered most situations, so truly it is a good guide for human players!
    Shadow Era, ETC