Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hats off to you Slaysme, that would be very cool. I know with other computer games it's quite often the little touches that make me grin (ie Niko putting on his seatbelt if you wait for a bit in gta4), the devils in the details as they say.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Thumbs up

I think the dynamic flavor text is a great idea! This builds on the discussion in another thread about the dynamic HP reflected on the card. It doesn't have to be overly complex, but very simple thresholds based on opponent health, your health, big attacks, etc. Even 2 - 5 different texts for key cards would add a lot to the feel of the game.

And, of course - we can help come up with the flavor text, too...
    Last edited by airhead3; 07-27-2010 at 07:05 PM.

Be careful, you know Apple and it's strict game requirements, especially to do with sex.
    Last edited by mad@pocketfullofapps.com; 07-28-2010 at 11:34 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This card looks great! IMO it is on the borderline between offensive and sexy. This is as far as you should go with sexual card artwork. But other than that great card!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the card looks awesome and I also agree that the flavor text idea would definitely be a selling point. It's always the little things in a game that draw people to it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    One suggestion, please don't use this card as a selling point (like putting it out as a screenshot or something). You will get fans for all the wrong reasons.
    -Notthevictim

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    NV is probably right. As much as I don't want to see the art altered for a family audience... You probably want to go no further than this specific card.. And I wouldn't promo it. Not till the game is well established.

Unfortunately that sounds like I think the art should be nerfed.. And actually I like to avoid or forestall that if possible.
    Follow along with my Shadow Era Blog, where hopefully we'll be going through the Beta-Test together! Comments and observations welcome!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Regarding the strength of the card, I think it is a bit weak. Either it should be changed into a Shadow Item, whereby it continuously grants your shadow allies +1 attack, or the attack bonus for the one-time ability should be raised to +2 (or even maybe +3).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Narziss View Post
    Regarding the strength of the card, I think it is a bit weak. Either it should be changed into a Shadow Item, whereby it continuously grants your shadow allies +1 attack, or the attack bonus for the one-time ability should be raised to +2 (or even maybe +3).
    Personally, to make the card stronger I would just do the one-time ability. Primarily because we don't know what the rest of the cards are like; especially if they have abilities or spells that can allow an ally attached with this card to survive longer than a couple turns which would allow it to gain a substantial amount of attack in just a couple turns.
    Take a look at my Shadow Era blog where I'll regularly post information, strategies, announcements, and even an interview or two!