Close

Thread: Timeout hack

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Timeout hack

I've noticed this very annoying hack in several games now.
    The oponent waits a long time before doing his next move. I think if it's too long he'll be timed out. but then he does his move, giving back control to you. Then before you can make your move, the game ends with your defeat (?!!).
    I think the timeout here hasn't managed to reset when you got your turn. and it penalizes you instead of the opoenent. This is extreamly annoying, since you had to wait all this time (usually after the 6th turn, so you don't want to quit and lose points..)
    in which the oponent has done nothing! just bode his time to hack you out and receive all the credit.
    I've seen several users utilizing this hack on purpose (I won't mention names here) in order to win games which they would have certainly lost.
    please fix this asap. This is really messing the game up and making it untolarble.

Thanks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    i think you're seeing the random defeat bug. the opponent sits for awhile, then suddenly you get a defeat.

it may have to do with sync issues, though it often happens even without seeing the sync message pop up.

search these forums for random defeat. several threads about it. and yeah, it's super annoying. but i don't think it's a hack.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I suspected the same thing when it happpened to me, but Kyle explained.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....-defeat-defeat
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    OK. Thanks.

I saw Kyle's explanation now, but i still think there might be something in the program in the way it handles a timeout. My internet connection is pretty good, and I didn't have any indications to any connectivity issues during when it happend.
    anyways, it think it would be nice if the program could indicate to the user on any connection issues. I hope this could be added to the next update or whenever.

Excellent program guys. keep it up! you're doing a great job!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    a lot of times when i'm worried my connection might be broken due to idleness i tap around randomly on the screen and zoom the camera around and stuff... idk that it does much but make me feel better. but it seems to.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle
    "Actually if you get the defeat, that means it was really your turn but you were the one having connection issues. Otherwise if you were still connected it would be the other guy's turn and you would get a victory when he times out. It does automatically retry everything, but eventually the server will end the game after 1 minute with no response. When you finally did get through to the server, it plays the other guys commands that he did a long time ago, but then realizes that the game was ended by the server."

No I don't think it is a connection problem, with me at least, if so wouldn't there be problems with other online games and apps done online? As I haven't noticed any, I rang my ISP to do a check and they told me my connection is fine ( meaning no dropouts ), even if there were dropouts it wouldn't be as many as the unknown defeats I have been getting lately and almost everyone is having connection problems (couldn't be)? It usually happens during the times when there are many players logged on at once, maybe it is a server problem not able to cope with the load properly (that is my opinion anyway)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When your oponent not move for a long time, run, far and fast...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've started a thread n general support for people to list player names who utilize the "sync" problem, set their device down on their turn and don't return, or do anything else you suspect to be malicious in nature. Everyone please use this thread so we can compile a database of assholes. . .

Called "people tampering with connection"