Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Why NOT to neft portal

Now i know everyone is saying "NERF PORTAL,ITS TOO GOOD!!"
    Yes, it is good....for the format.
    IF anyone remembers what there first few games were like when they didn' have portal? It was really weird because whoever had a ally on the field had a big advantage to who dosn't. You would need to remove there guy and then get your own out because you couldn't play anything without it just dieing to an attack.If we get rid of portal it will make the game come down to who has an ally on the field and can you remove it and get your own ally. Otherwise your "locked" out of being able to have allys on the field unless you play one that dosn't die to an attack.
    Portal gets rid of that factor, if someone has a portal and the other dosn't then yes its a blowout, but in most matches where both players have portal it comes down to who has the best allys, not who has the fastest.
    Portal being a mage only ability is wrong IMO, I think that it should be for all heros and all decks because its suck a blowout card.
    They will also have hate for it soon so i dont get why it needs to get worse when its gonna be hard to play because if you play one and then your opponent just distroys it then you just lost your turn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you think portal for mage is overpowered? think portal with elementals with their shard of power. that's every 1 mana ally with 3 attack burn. now a belladonna isn't doing 4 burn it's doing 6.

i'm able to play against portal fine, once mind control renewal is fixed i'm gonna womp me some mages, but by then everyone will be playing overpowered archers and warriors

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    some people want to get rid of first strike to fix the problem, some people want portal nerfed, you want to make portal neutral (for all heroes, as you said), others want a strong counter for portal... either way it needs some fix.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    the only good idea for make a good meta now is have all the 200 card fast
    portal is no broken but mage\human is the only class that have all card for make a strategy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i don't find first strike to be as much of a problem as i originally did. really, it's what keeps the game fairly fast pace and short.

as for counters to portal, here's a question for ya, when you face ter adun do you play portal? i rarely do cause i know it'll get blasted once it hits. having that one hero just made 3 of my cards next to worthless. so when weapons come out he'll be played a good amount if we're still worried about items.

also when priests get their act together, destroy arms will be run in every deck so playing portal is close to wasting a turn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by feyd View Post
    the only good idea for make a good meta now is have all the 200 card fast
    portal is no broken but mage\human is the only class that have all card for make a strategy
    i don't know about that. elementals came stacked for me. too bad they're just glitchy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmm, in those two scenarios portal can be destroyed but as you say you just don't play it and use it as a resource (the card isn't useless). But against opponents without the ability to destroy items it is an asset with first strike. No complaints, that's just the way it is. The thing is a definite boost to anyone's chances of winning once it is out, BUT that assumes everything is centred around amassing allies. I am looking forward to how weapons will affect things- will it still be worth relying on an ally heavy deck or will it be better to use a weapon/armour heavy deck utilising cards to slow down enemy allies... Re: Elementals, I agree the cards are set up nicely- ignoring the bug, and in their own way they have a chance if dealing with portal through transference (I always enjoy swiping a portal).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by autumnleaf View Post
    i don't find first strike to be as much of a problem as i originally did. really, it's what keeps the game fairly fast pace and short.

as for counters to portal, here's a question for ya, when you face ter adun do you play portal? i rarely do cause i know it'll get blasted once it hits. having that one hero just made 3 of my cards next to worthless. so when weapons come out he'll be played a good amount if we're still worried about items.

also when priests get their act together, destroy arms will be run in every deck so playing portal is close to wasting a turn.
    I have done some digging around and have switched to the dark side if you will. Portal is fine, assuming First Strike goes. This is the ONLY true problem with Portal, because my opponent casts it and plays some dues and wipes the board. Yes, Ter Adun is the only hero that has Portal anwer making it a dead weight but he is the ONLY one. Once we get some neutral item destruction this problem will resolve. I hope the next update will also include some such cards. Also First Strike may help speed battles up but they are not balanced. So it is best for it to go.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    already have the gold to purchase portal but it's missing since yesterday

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    keep checking; they'll restock the merchant