Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Beater

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Shadow Beater

Hey whats going on, I am new to this forum and new to ShadowEra but I have played other TCGs for a long time. I was putting together the idea of trying a beater style deck. I think Warrior is the best choice for this archetype as we have by far the most options in terms of control, draw and counters to burn decks with enrage. I wanted to feature in this deck Shadowspawn as I feel it hoses Nishaven and actually does help with damage. My main decision hinges on what Hero is best. Currently I am leaning towards Ter as he has item/armor removal that frees up card space in the deck. Ter can clear stall cards that might otherwise hinder this deck. Logan would still be a good choice though as Shadowspawn has less of an impact and he has the keys to get Mournblade going.This is meant to be an ongoing thread but I wil post my first proposed list.

Ter Beatdown:
    Ter Adun
    3x Firesnake
    3x Infernal Gargoyle
    3x Medusii
    3x Death Mage
    3x Belladonna
    3x Shadow Knight
    3x Brutalis

4x Jeweler's Dream
    2x Dual Wield
    2x Enrage
    4x Blood Frenzy
    2x Mournblade
    3x Shadowspawn
    2x King's Pride

Current playtest thoughts:
    Deciding on if Warbanner or Bloodlust should be incorporated. Bloodlust could be very strong given only a few allies on the board.

So let me know what you guys think, how could this deck be made stronger what is weak?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    From what I understand mournblade is bugged and most players use BE instead.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk Style View Post
    How is mournblade bugged? Although I agree BE is more consistent so it would be a better choice.

@OP
    Shadowspawn is a poor card for Ter as Ter's ability cost 4 sp which is not the lowest and Ter often cannot spam his ability (since it depends on whether your opponent has an item to destroy). Shadowspawn is more useful for someone with a spammable ability like Banebow.

I would suggest including at least 2 Bad Santa to help with card draw since you may not get BF all the time.

I would also include 3-4 crippling blow since Ter does not have an ability to kill allies like the other warriors. You could take out the DW imo since weapons are not so vital and useful.

The allies choice seems a little strange. I won't use Belladonna as it is a rather poor card for its cost (and BF solves your draw issues). I would include Plasma Behemoth since it is really useful particularly against Moonstalker. I would also include 4 copies of the allies you find most useful (except for Death mage) instead of 3 of everything. Medusil isn't very useful imo so I would take that out.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mournblade is fine, it's BE that is bugged.
    I made pumpkins! Firesnake and Plasma Behemoth.
    I daydream about cards too.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Nizaris - The Characterless Character
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

You can read about us OR join us!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizaris View Post
    Mournblade is fine, it's BE that is bugged.
    i must have been going on dated posts. And yea, BE is bugged. That shit needs to get nerfed

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can see what you mean with dropping Shadowspawn, Elad is also getting nerfed kind of hard so it makes it even less vital of a card. The main reason I was including Medusii is because of Armored Sandworm, as I really have no way of killing them outside of a pump card or just crippling them and ignoring. Medusii can also be usefull if they have a tough defender that I just want to ignore to kill more vital cards. Mournblade is probably going to stay as I have found it extremely useful against Priest Decks and Mages with board clear.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i must have been going on dated posts. And yea, BE is bugged. That shit needs to get nerfed
    This guy. Lol!! Mournblade bugged and BE nerfed? Too funny.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintScythus View Post
    I can see what you mean with dropping Shadowspawn, Elad is also getting nerfed kind of hard so it makes it even less vital of a card. The main reason I was including Medusii is because of Armored Sandworm, as I really have no way of killing them outside of a pump card or just crippling them and ignoring. Medusii can also be usefull if they have a tough defender that I just want to ignore to kill more vital cards. Mournblade is probably going to stay as I have found it extremely useful against Priest Decks and Mages with board clear.
    Crippling and ignoring works fine for Sandworm. If you are hitting it, assuming you spend 2 attacks trying to kill it, that's 9 dmg which could have gone to their hero instead. I don't think it is worth it to kill Sandworm. Medusil's ability isn't like Jasmine's so you can't use it on someone you want to ignore (can't defend just means can't counter attack). I see your point on Mournblade and if you find it useful by all means keep it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintScythus View Post
    If Armored sandworm is a concern for you, or similar enemy allies, and you already have 21 ally cards, you could perhaps remove some alliies and include crippling blows in your deck instead. Its cheaper and would make your deck more balanced between the three main card types of a deck, being allies, utility and weapon/armors.

Caitlyn0 just posted a very cool ter adun deck, which inspired me to make this:
    Inspired by Caitlyn0
    You could add 1 (max 2) tech cards like warbanner or KP, and you could also remove one dual wield if you like. At least those are the decisions i am struggling with.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    pyrogene: its OK to go with 3 copies of an ally in some decks as long as you keep a decent percentage of allies per cc (he has 9 3cc allies, thats actually very good) and i have a question for you... why did you tell him to add bad santas and then tell him belladonna is a rather poor card for its cost and BF solves his draw issue? belladonna isnt a bad card, it just not a great card. it has use. and shame on you for thinking Medusil is not a good card.

i actually kind of like this deck... it needs some refining. the only real change is removing the shadowspawns (not that it isnt a good card, it just is easier to use in decks with heroes that have 3SE abilities that can be used anytime)... that could give you room to fit in your WB or BL

and thats a nice deck i inspired there Junk Style

oh and mournblade is bugged but its not a problem in this deck (if you have a mournblade out and you cast an armor of ages... mournblade doesnt gain attack value when an ally dies)
    Last edited by Caitlyn0; 01-15-2012 at 08:03 PM.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory