Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Ter Adun, Lucky 13

why lucky 13? its my 13th Ter Adun deck build. im so amazed at how versatile he is. 13 different builds now (not counting the PFG test builds)

1.29 Ter Adun Lucky 13 (41 total cards)

4x gargoyle
    3x fire snake
    3x deathmage
    4x plasma behemoth
    3x medusil

2x smashing blow
    2x enrage
    4x blood frenzy
    4x bad santa

4x dual wield
    3x jeweler's dream
    4x berserker's edge

basically an all out assualt deck. limited in a few small areas but overwhelming in others. for my "13th" i wanted to reduce luck. the best way i think, is to remove all cards that sometimes got in the way (which included CB). 17 allies, 11 "weapons", 8 draw, 2 health, 2 supporting item destruction cards. thats it, very straight forward. no CB. no ally buffing. no armor. you might be at a point where you have a second weapon in hand, but thats not a card in the way, thats a replacement. 3BFs and the extra enrage are the only cards that might get in the way... just sac them. couldnt get around those.

you have 10 3cc allies and 11 potential weapons plus 4 PBs. this is where you control the board or retake it if needed.

i was gonna post this earlier before the whole PFG. then got involved with that and it got put on the back burner. simple change to 1.3, remove BF and replace it with 4 wulven trackers. this little wolves have surprised me with how effective they are. i could use bazaar and then destroy it later once i get established, havent really decided.

i also meant to post this yesterday, which was friday the 13th... oh well, sorry.
    Last edited by Caitlyn0; 01-15-2012 at 02:07 AM.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like this deck a lot. Makes the most of Ter Adun's ability in terms of keeping the amount of item destruction in the deck low so you can focus on damage from allies and weapons. Also keeps the deck very stream lined in its approach.

-What made you decide on fire snake and medusil as opposed to any of the other allies in the shadow card-pool? (By the time i finished writing up these questions and using deckbuilder, I believe its because how firesnake can help avoid humans taking very early board control, and medusil can make it safer to attack certain allies to retain board control, but if i am wrong let me know )
    -With dual wield you have 11 weapons practically speaking. Did you want to keep your allies and weapons balanced in number? Do you find the weapons to be the main source of damage?
    -Is it hard for you to regain board control without CB or valiant defender in the deck and no SE kill move?
    -If you were to include one tech card, in other words have a single card like KP or WB etc, (I realize the deck was built not to include such things) which one would you choose?

Inspiring deck for sure, look forward to trying it. Thank you for sharing.

p.s. Wulven tracker seems amazingly good... can't wait.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The Bazaar destruction option has become a fave of mind since I run solo Ter often. But I love the idea of having the trackers and santas at my card drawing disposal. Hell wish shadow had access to the Tainted Oracles! With that said you indicated removing BF for Trackers if you do that and this looks like a fast deck with 3cc allies and JD feeding the thirst is enrage necessary than? To me I use it little but unlike most warriors I run Rampage faithfully and usually use Enrage to taunt. Would Rampage not work with this build? Probably won't try this as your Hammer build is pure force but a bit slow which I prefer but would rampage suffice if BF is gone from the deck? I mean enrage is to me BF's replenisher.

Curious though? Will you revisit The Hammer when 1.3 comes out? Secondary deck and its a few additions Im curious about. Will sitemail you those though when of course you're not being deckbuilder or PFGs super woman! Heh.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Enrage is very powerful and reliable at the moment. I can see that not being the case in 1.3. Getting killed at 10 health by a power drain is probably very depressing! Rampage can potentially be more effective, but it can often result in much less hp gain.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    im actually moving more towards rampage in upcoming builds and modifications (and yes, i will be posting 1.3 updates for the hammer and solo decks... and this one too)

i tend to balance my use of allies and weapons with this deck. using both or what is needed more. regaining board control can be done and is actually a little exciting and fun you got things right with the fire snake and medusil with adding in that fire snake is that 1 extra damage you sometimes need to kill something that medusil stones and attacks (add in casting a death mage on turn 5 going second and you kill that plasma behemoth). im starting to love medusil and have been using her in more and more decks.

as for KP and WB... havent really thought about it with this deck. dont want either in the deck. KP can sit in your hand and get in the way and you might not have the oppotunity to cast it and you could of drawn a 3cc ally in its place... WB, you need to add too many of them to your deck for it to be useful. but if i had to choose... with the way this deck works, probably KP. i also only have to add 1 or 2 copies as well.
    Last edited by Caitlyn0; 01-15-2012 at 12:00 PM.
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    all my decks together

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Will be looking forward to The Hammer remix for sure.

But yeah Rampage seems much more valuable to me. Its Hp gained not virtual health like Enrage remove Enrage game over remove Rampage? Hell gained a turn or two from ally smashing. Fun deck tho ran it a bit this morning is a fast deck and didnt use BF at all such a good allocation of cards helped. Bad Santa sufficed. But Im spoiled by the playstyle of The Hammer and Solo. That it felt uncomfortable to me. But it is definitely faster. And JD is truly a dream when Ter is allied. Always used BE and DR. Resource refill is something I had forgotten about. Let me explain (not to caitlyn of course) when I run a variation of her two slower Ter builds I am good at 6the resources in most cases. Against Priest of course not. But 6 is good for solo due to Mill capabilities and 7 is comfortable with the Hammer. So running this it was so damn fast I forgot I was getting resources back and can play that flashing card!

Might play this more though... kinda fun.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was just seeing why 4 bs instead of 3 just to take it down that one extra card to streamline it even more, i can understand the usefullness to have all four to draw a BF but other than that it seems like a auto sac. I do really like this deck and all of the other Ter decks, keep up the great work
    Fallen Warrior

A Soldier of Fortune

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ZakDyyaz View Post
    I was just seeing why 4 bs instead of 3 just to take it down that one extra card to streamline it even more, i can understand the usefullness to have all four to draw a BF but other than that it seems like a auto sac. I do really like this deck and all of the other Ter decks, keep up the great work
    Doesn't bother the synergy at all. Remember the 1 card is the Hero. You dont draw him. Played a little more this morning after my run and the Bad Santas add to this synergy. Look at the card allocation. Actually makes BF useless. You will virtually be pulling an ally or a weapon each draw and BS is kewl to get a BF or DW in a clutch. Although BE is the sexiest thing going on for Warriors this build undoubtedly loves JD! 5 resources stacked play a 3cc ally hit the hero and play your other 3cc. Fast deck. So BS is sweet because its a controlled draw and this deck moves fast enough to warrant giving 3 cards to your opponent.

When the trackers are live... still like the slow control decks tho. But this ones fun have a few ideas on how to tweak it to my taste.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i am about to play test the deck it does look like another viable deck. I cant wait for the trackers to become live, both for my ms deck and a few others
    Fallen Warrior

A Soldier of Fortune

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yay... you guys are getting it use jd to help you cast more allies. use bs to fill your hand with allies. use jd to help you cast more allies... fast fast fast.

and im sorry that i have 2 other ter adun builds and they play so differently that you feel uncomfortable playing this one i try to actually make them all unique
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    all my decks together

Evolution in Theory