Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

the portal bug fix so it does not work with GB ability should not be implemented

Is GB OP? no
    Is he unbeatable? no
    But is he a guaranteed win? also no

GB is a challenge to play and to play against. He can lose any game or can win any game.
    His blowing strike is portal + plazma + GB ability. Great combo, great challenge yet not guaranteed.
    If this is disabled, there would be one less hero in the competition, and one less top tier deck to play.

The game is really balanced with him using portal, do not change that please.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Trust me, he'll still work fine without Portal use on his ability. Use Nova, board clear and summon Ogloth. Or brutal Minotaur, or Plasma Behemoth. He has a lot of punching power.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i know he'll still have cool options, but portal should be really really feared.
    If he were unbeatable fine. But this strategy is unlike the usual board control. It adds taste. We dont want all matches to be the same do we. SE has a lot of strategy. It is that that makes me want to play

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes ofcourse, but Portal is still a very viable card. Bringing back Brutal Minotaur through Portal to do instand 6 damage? Check. If you have enough resources, you can even bring through PB and do 7 damage. Or endless Shadow Knight loops are also helped by Portal. Don't worry, Gravebone will be one of the best heroes available once 1.30x hits.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yarikasakin won the V1.28 tourney with a Gravebone without portal.

While he had luck on his hand, it also goes to show that Gravebone don't just depend on portal.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Actual it's not GB that may become useless but portal may be.
    Didn't saw anyone makin a use of Portal in 1.3.x yet.

Even Trolls Considered

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Portal might work with Nishaven, check Wtzky beginner's guide to find his deck.
    It's for 1.28, but he says he's working on 1.29/1.30 versions of it so... stay tuned!

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Play ally on t4 - might get killed on their turn or might be ready to use on t5.

Play Portal on t4 - they have nothing to hit at, but will hit you, so maybe t3 Armor is good. On t5, the same ally that could have been played on t4 (or one that costs 5c) can attack their allies straight away.

Your aren't really missing a turn with Portal and you are able to cheat the curve and have a ready ally of a certain cost one turn sooner.

Majiya might be the better choice for Portal now. T2: Bazaar; T3: Armor; T4: Portal. T5: Majiya zap, Minotaur. T6: Ogloth

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yeah im lookin forward to this hero. i quote wtzky

Gravebone in the future:

Despite the small nerf to his ability to use Portal, Gravebone will be a Tier 1 hero in the next version. He finally gets a protector in Cobra Demon, which he can use to protect whatever he brings back from the grave (or he can alternately have Cobra Demon on a recurse loop so that everytime your opponent manages to clear him, you bring him back). He also gets a great card in Sacrificial Lamb, which has some amazing synergy with his ability (and I have tested it, it is one of my favourite new cards on him) and gets to use Ley Line Nexus which works really well on him. Also look out for the addition of Ogloth, the Shadow faction epic ally which Gravebone will have great synergy with.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yeah im lookin forward to this hero. i quote wtzky

Gravebone in the future:

Despite the small nerf to his ability to use Portal, Gravebone will be a Tier 1 hero in the next version. He finally gets a protector in Cobra Demon, which he can use to protect whatever he brings back from the grave (or he can alternately have Cobra Demon on a recurse loop so that everytime your opponent manages to clear him, you bring him back). He also gets a great card in Sacrificial Lamb, which has some amazing synergy with his ability (and I have tested it, it is one of my favourite new cards on him) and gets to use Ley Line Nexus which works really well on him. Also look out for the addition of Ogloth, the Shadow faction epic ally which Gravebone will have great synergy with.