Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

hardcore stupid psycho gravebone deck player - LUNA MAYA

hey guys

i knwo there is another thread entitled gravebone deck but i have spectated two matches now from luna maya and his gravebone deck is stupid psycho good, i mean F***ing amazing!!!

just saw a match where he went second against eladwen and annihilated the opponent

i dont know the exact decklist but the obvious ones include belladonna, plasma behemoth, HBMs, infernal garoyle, portal, supernova, lightning strike, fireball and also a keldor from memory

amazing mid/end game dominance, initially allowed the eladwen player to go aggro whilst luna maya slowly built up resources and sustained decent damage with the occasional fireball/lightning strike if the board was building up. and then towards the end the KEY card is PORTAL!!! with portal out and gravebone's ability together with other options like fireball any summoned aeons got raped. luna maya didnt even use HBMs at all.

i know i should describe the play better but i dont remember all that much except that his gravebone got down to 5 and eladwen was at 23 but luna maya had down plasma, belladonna, bad wolf and i cant remember but it was another ally i think and on top had blood lust which allowed him in one SINGLE turn to do 23 damage and killing eladwen

absolutely amazing, i highly recommend the pros watch luna maya's game and see what they think. once again, more evidence that eladwen doesnt necessarily need to be nerfed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    gravebone and majiya are both strong but the deck totally relies on portal and without it the deck is trash. ive been playing gravebone since i started and i just hit 361. my eladwen matchups have gotten worse because eladwen has migrated to a more sure mid game strat too which is where gravebone's win con is.

here are the two builds ive been using lately.

Gravebone

3x Bad wolf
    3x Infernal Gargoyle
    4x Belladonna
    2x Chimera

Spells

4x Fireball
    4x Portal
    4x Lightning Strike
    3x Research
    2x Bloodlust/ Supernova

the other version has a couple less creatures no bloodlusts and 4x here be monster.

either deck will roll up everything not named eladwen but best case scenario you win maybe 30-40 percent of your games against mid game eladwen decks with aeon and i think that is being generous. i encourage everyone to try maybe you will discover something that will at least give a coin flip vs eladwen but i dont see it in this current pool of cards. Supernova and plasma B are both win more cards and rarely help you pull out a close game. plasma B is too far off blake's damage per resource standard and you can rarely take the 5 from supernova and not just be burned out by fireballs.

the card this deck need is retreat and im ticked that is not a neutral card. being able to unsummon aeon for two and keeping hitting with bella would allow you to regain tempo not burn two cards to kill aeon.

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, pretty sure it was luna and his/her gravebone deck who destroyed my darkclaw deck as well.
    I've played 8 games with the deck so far, and that was the only game i lost.
    Very skilled player who seemed to know exactly how to handle my deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

agree

Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    Yeah, pretty sure it was luna and his/her gravebone deck who destroyed my darkclaw deck as well.
    I've played 8 games with the deck so far, and that was the only game i lost.
    Very skilled player who seemed to know exactly how to handle my deck.
    yeah, seemed like they knew exactly what to play and when. very skilled indeed!! the belladonnas were just repetite killers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    this deck eats darkclaw because darkclaw relies on the creatures that die never coming back. you just hang onto to all your burn and count full moons. good darkclaw players will be holding their full moons and rain delays for the very end. if you get them down to about 16-18 they are within kill range depending on how many fireballs you are holding. style points if you end the game with two supernovas though

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by imanujakku View Post
    style points if you end the game with two supernovas though
    ooo i did this before, it was fun. i would think that the gravebone deck is very similar to majiya's, well for me at least, i just changed heroes and rolled with it. surprised to see no behemoths in the deck, and the bloodlust instead of supernova is something to consider if you get board presence.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Going back to the original post, where and how do I watch this match?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Behemoth has never worked out for me. He is 8 resource for only 7 damage on turn 8 which is well off the standard. Ive only played gravebone however so perhaps he play better in majiya where you cannot constantly recast belladonna.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I decided to use the deck mentioned by imanujakku but changed Chimera to Plasma Behemoth, I am currently unbeaten using this deck at the moment. Dont be afraid to take a few hits because once the Portal comes iinto play you can just steam roll your opponent.

Still not sure about Supernova, it has saved me a couple of times but sometimes I think I could maybe use Bloodlust instead..

Gravebone

3x Bad wolf
    3x Infernal Gargoyle
    4x Belladonna
    2x Plasma Behemoth

Spells

4x Fireball
    4x Portal
    4x Lightning Strike
    3x Research
    2x Supernova

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    what's your gameplan vs elad who goes first?