Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Eladwen new ability idea

4 se

Able to do 4 damage to any ally, if ally is destroyed eladwen can play a snow sapphire or voice of winter from her deck at no cost.

Just a thought, since she's an ice mage it seems in keeping with her flavor, and I believe would keep her competitive without making her too op
    SHADOW ERA, ETC

ENLIGHTENING THE COMMUNTY

IGNS: JONATHAN STRANGE
    KELLHUS

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That 4 dmg is alot seeing how 4 hp or less cards are played very often. Bring the dmg down to 3 at most and the effect can only trigger if the cards are in hand and only for one of them if multiple are present.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you want the search effect, I would word it such that for 4 SE, Eladwen can search her library for snow sapphire or voice of winter and put it into play. In game terms, you can say that she is using her ice powers to mimic the benefits of frost armour or weapon. Having an added damage effect would be too strong a shift in tempo, IMO.

I feel her ability should still allow her to target heroes, albeit at a reduced effect.

Say 4 damage to ally or 3 (perhaps even 2) damage to hero?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That would be soooo much too powerful. I mean, look at Baduruu, he has a 5SE cost that costs more, and does the same as only your secondary effect PLUS you get another +1 card advantage because of the fact that the card doesn't has to be in your hand.

Maybe a good idea for set 213, but not for now.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    That would be soooo much too powerful. I mean, look at Baduruu, he has a 5SE cost that costs more, and does the same as only your secondary effect PLUS you get another +1 card advantage because of the fact that the card doesn't has to be in your hand.

Maybe a good idea for set 213, but not for now.
    Except that Baduruu sucks, and is hardly a sterling example to balance a hero ability against. But I agree the OP's idea is pretty much too powerful.