Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Will Physical cards mark the end of balance?

One thing that just crossed my mind: With these cards going into print, wont it be difficult or even deter devs from tweaking cards up or down for balance?

In the online game, its as simple as an update, but once the physical cards ship do you think we will see as many balance nerfs/buffs on existing cards?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Erokk88 View Post
    One thing that just crossed my mind: With these cards going into print, wont it be difficult or even deter devs from tweaking cards up or down for balance?

In the online game, its as simple as an update, but once the physical cards ship do you think we will see as many balance nerfs/buffs on existing cards?
    Printed cards do sometimes get errata, or even banned, so there is still possibility of that if something becomes very broken.

But the ideal situation is no more changes to any cards that people have bought on the live server once the finished set is balanced.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Kyle has stated once a set is finalized that's it. No more changes. So once it prints that's it.
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by N3rd4Christ View Post
    Kyle has stated once a set is finalized that's it. No more changes. So once it prints that's it.
    Way to put the pressure on the PFG and design team to get it right the first time around.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    besides they have any expansions to tweek and nerf to their hearts content
    Fallen Warrior

A Soldier of Fortune

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, this is why we are playtesting as much as we can, and trying to get it as good as possible. I have to say I like the balance in 1.30x a lot. A lot more than 1.29, and with the exception of a few heroes, about all heroes are possible to play. There also don't seem to be any glaringly broken decks anymore. Maybe with the exception of one or so, but we're still heavily discussing that.

Also, the cards will only be printed by the end of this month, so we still have some time left to do the last changes.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That's when you paste white tape over the card's text and fill in the errata with a pen.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by abazigal View Post
    That's when you paste white tape over the card's text and fill in the errata with a pen.
    I lol'd. =P

Anyway, like everyone said before me, they just not going to change the printed cards. But they can change the meaning of a few key words, like, for example, "Ambush" - possibly buff/nerfing the card without actually changing anything on it.