Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
    And the other thread, is it the one arebelspy posted?
    Although that thread already has a nice flowing discussion, can we keep this one going anyway? Since that other thread is titled mainly about Eladwen rather than suggestions about changes and suggestions -> (to hopefully flock more ideas coming).

I pretty much agree with all your suggestions, especially removing first strike and making destroy item into a neutral card – especially with weapons coming up. Here are a few further suggestions.

1) Having a small regain health type card for all classes.
    2) Balancing out human/shadow abilities
    3) Extra penalty for quitting multiplayer with “surrendering” see item 4
    4) Chance to “surrender” in multiplayer (rather than people just quitting – same reward for Victor but no extra penalty as you would for quitting)
    5) Gravebone's ability of only 2 shadow points is a bit powerful, especially coupled with portal
    5) Clarification on some cards e.g: Shard of Power “ongoing ability” clashing with Life Infusion.
    Last edited by ROAR; 03-05-2011 at 04:06 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ROAR View Post
    Although that thread already has a nice flowing discussion, can we keep this one going anyway? Since that other thread is titled mainly about Eladwen rather than suggestions about changes and suggestions -> (to hopefully flock more ideas coming).

I pretty much agree with all your suggestions, especially removing first strike and making destroy item into a neutral card – especially with weapons coming up. Here are a few further suggestions.

4) Chance to “surrender” in multiplayer (rather than people just quitting – same reward for Victor but no extra penalty as you would for quitting)
    5) Clarification on some cards e.g: Shard of Power “ongoing ability” clashing with Life Infusion.
    Neutral about #1, but no question about 2,3, and 4. The wording on the cards doesn't make it that clear what would happen. Do you think Shard of Power's wording should be changed to "base health", or do you think allies should still be at 1 health if life infusion is played on them?

What do people think about my idea for keeping item destruction a class specialty but fixing Portal? Or maybe compromise and make item destruction cheap for priests and also have a fairly expensive item destruction card that is neutral?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    same reward for Victor but no extra penalty as you would for quitting).
    I assume you meant victor, not Victor (Heartstriker)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

5) Gravebone's ability of only 2 shadow points is a bit powerful, especially coupled with portal
    I am all up for all the suggestions. And thank you for reminding me about Gravebone. Yes 2 turns to return your dude is 2 cheap. Added him at 1st post.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Volpe View Post
    What do people think about my idea for keeping item destruction a class specialty but fixing Portal? Or maybe compromise and make item destruction cheap for priests and also have a fairly expensive item destruction card that is neutral?
    It is a good apprach but it will not work, especially with weaps coming in. Players would need to deal with them. Only Priests have item destruction but they cannot deal with weaps. Only warriors will be able to destroy weaps. That is not going to be good for anyone. They need to make both the warrior card and priest card neutral OR make 1 of each card for EACH class. That is how i see it.

Come on ppl there must be more good ideas around here to improve the game.
    Last edited by Sorter; 03-05-2011 at 05:15 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Come on ppl there must be more good ideas around here to improve the game.
    There are.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arebelspy View Post
    There are.

Then spit it out!! lol jk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Volpe View Post
    Neutral about #1, but no question about 2,3, and 4. The wording on the cards doesn't make it that clear what would happen. Do you think Shard of Power's wording should be changed to "base health", or do you think allies should still be at 1 health if life infusion is played on them?

I guess I imagined Shards of Power to be the “dominant” spell seeing that it affects ALL the hero’s allies – like a “mass enchantment”. Maybe Shards of Power and Life Infusions on the same ally will “cancel” each other out?
    I think currently whichever spell is casted 2nd dominates – which sounds reasonable. Maybe a disclaimer that “future cards affecting life will take precedent”- or something along those lines will clear things up.

As for the remove items – I still think universal item remover is still required because of weapons coming up. Apart from Priests and some Shadow Warriors, items are untouchable and considering how much it influences the battle – not just the uber powerful ones like portal – I believe there needs to be a potential means to “attack” it, to make the game more balanced.

Oh and yes. The VICTORIOUS Hero. hehehehe.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    OK, for those that haven't already figured out what I have been mentioning basically in all my post is that I am trying to suggest things that could balance the game, given the current card set. What I am putting down here is again just my opinion and I want to hear ALL players' comments, especially the negatives because, God knows, I am not perfect AND I am NOT trying to shape this game my way. With that said and done here I go:

1) Portal should, for now just be raised to 5 resources
    2) Research should be 3 to draw not 2. No need to make it cost more.
    For the first two, even WITH weapons and armor coming in, they are still imbalanced and abused as we speak.
    3) Fireball should be 4 not 3 resources
    4) Lightning Strike and Zaladar's ability should be reworded to say "divided among targets" instead of to all targets, which is better than altering their cost. There is also Arcane Burst but that card is ok in terms of damage per target for resource, even if it is 4 resource for 8 damage, but it is for different targets.
    5) Neutral-ize Destroy arms and make it cost 2. If not then there need to be cards that are similar for ALL classes.
    6) REMOVE FIRST STRIKE. It is a good mechanic and, from what I read, the initial idea was to improve the pace but this right now is bogging down combat actually, especially with Portal.
    7) Shadow has 1st turn allies. Humans do not, but should, and that 1 resource attack prevention doesn't cut it. Assuming the First Strike is removed then an ally for 1 resource that is 2/1 to balance with Fire Snake 1/2 and Spark's 1/1 growth would be nice.
    8) Plasma Behemoth should exhaust after using ability, because it then is just a 7/4 for 5. It's the same issue as with fireball. 3 resource for 4 damage. Better to exhaust than making him 7/5. Same with Jasmine, make her exhaust after she uses her ability. She is basically the same as Behemoth but prevents attack instead of dealing damage. Same with Medusil lol
    9) Gravebone's 2 Shadow to return a fallen ally is not enough. Should be 3-4, but 3 should be good enough.
    1) I believe that increasing the cost wouldn't change much. Giving Portal duration 3 turns would be better.
    2) Research is great as is.
    3) Fireball should stay as it is. (We're trying to make suggestions to fix things, not nerf an entire class.)
    4) Lightining Strike should remain as it is, but Zaladar could be changed to 4: Deal 4 damage divided evenly among 2 targets (my opinion).
    I would also prefer to have Eladwen with 3: Deal 3 damage to target ally.
    5) I don't see how we can avoid having cards that destroys items in all classes. If one class doesn't have a card like that it would be unfair (However in MtG the black doesn't have destroy enchantment and they've found a balance. Hope they find it here too) It could work with having different cards for each class with different costs (2-3), to create specialization areas for each class, but that requires a lot of testing.
    6) Being for years MtG player, I also liked the system they use, but this is different game, so I'll remain neutral on this.
    7) In time we will see allies for all costs. You can have cards with 1 cost, being 1/1 with abilities that allow you draw a card or force the opponent to discard a acard, so the mage/health isn't the only option they have to play with.
    8) I also agree with exhausting allies after they use their abilities. would offer more options to play with cards and their rarity. If you want to create a rare card that doens't exhause after using the ability, then add that to the text.
    9) I haven't played a lot during the last week(waiting for the release) and I've played very few games against Gravebone, so i'll let others with more experience to comment that.

I would also like to advice the devs not to discard a good idea/suggestion just because it reminds other games (WoW/MtG). It's only natural that there will be similarities. If it makes the game more fun, go for it.
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anurak View Post
    1) I believe that increasing the cost wouldn't change much. Giving Portal duration 3 turns would be better.
    2) Research is great as is.
    3) Fireball should stay as it is. (We're trying to make suggestions to fix things, not nerf an entire class.)
    4) Lightining Strike should remain as it is, but Zaladar could be changed to 4: Deal 4 damage divided evenly among 2 targets (my opinion).
    I would also prefer to have Eladwen with 3: Deal 3 damage to target ally.
    5) I don't see how we can avoid having cards that destroys items in all classes. If one class doesn't have a card like that it would be unfair (However in MtG the black doesn't have destroy enchantment and they've found a balance. Hope they find it here too) It could work with having different cards for each class with different costs (2-3), to create specialization areas for each class, but that requires a lot of testing.
    6) Being for years MtG player, I also liked the system they use, but this is different game, so I'll remain neutral on this.
    7) In time we will see allies for all costs. You can have cards with 1 cost, being 1/1 with abilities that allow you draw a card or force the opponent to discard a acard, so the mage/health isn't the only option they have to play with.
    8) I also agree with exhausting allies after they use their abilities. would offer more options to play with cards and their rarity. If you want to create a rare card that doens't exhause after using the ability, then add that to the text.
    9) I haven't played a lot during the last week(waiting for the release) and I've played very few games against Gravebone, so i'll let others with more experience to comment that.

I would also like to advice the devs not to discard a good idea/suggestion just because it reminds other games (WoW/MtG). It's only natural that there will be similarities. If it makes the game more fun, go for it.
    Now that is more like it. Some great suggestions flowing in, or at least possible tweaks to what I have said. Hopefully others will provide new ones, unless these are the only ones in particular ppl are interested in. OK let me respond, if I may, starting with the ones I have a strong bias, if you will, towards (or against however you want to interpret it):

6) If they don't change this soon, as was mentioned in another post, it may be too late. Hopefully they change their minds in time.
    1) OK on further investigation into this the card is fine as is. Assuming we get some universal item destruction soon. ><
    3) This goes hand in hand with Eladwen. If they are raising her to 4 turns per Fireball then I believe that the spell itself, to make it fairer, because every time I face a mage deck they win due to fireball for 3 resources, should also be raised to 4 resources or reduce its damage to 3. And perhaps lower the cost of Surpise Delivery, but that is for another discussion. But as it stands MAGES ARE THE BEST CLASS, especially Human, and even more so Eladwen. They are THE MOST imbalanced class atm. Even Weapons and Armor will not fix the way their spells work. This is an ally based game, and there needs to be balance to take this into account.
    4) The way it is, LS is OP. Essentially 6 damage for 3 resources to 1 target? OMG! Perhaps mechanics designers skipped division lessons in Math class lol (just trying to be funny, no disrespect intended). I just reread the card and I am changing my opinion on lowering its cost to 3 but making it do SPLIT damage to up to 2 targets. Same for Zaladar, make it every 3rd turn but 3 damage SPLIT among 2 targets, hopefully they can make it not necessarily even splitting.

P.S. Updated first post
    Last edited by Sorter; 03-05-2011 at 09:01 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Now that is more like it. Some great suggestions flowing in, or at least possible tweaks to what I have said. Hopefully others will provide new ones, unless these are the only ones in particular ppl are interested in. OK let me respond, if I may, starting with the ones I have a strong bias, if you will, towards (or against however you want to interpret it):

6) If they don't change this soon, as was mentioned in another post, it may be too late. Hopefully they change their minds in time.
    1) OK on further investigation into this the card is fine as is. Assuming we get some universal item destruction soon. ><
    3) This goes hand in hand with Eladwen. If they are raising her to 4 turns per Fireball then I believe that the spell itself, to make it fairer, because every time I face a mage deck they win due to fireball for 3 resources, should also be raised to 4 resources or reduce its damage to 3. And perhaps lower the cost of Surpise Delivery, but that is for another discussion. But as it stands MAGES ARE THE BEST CLASS, especially Human, and even more so Eladwen. They are THE MOST imbalanced class atm. Even Weapons and Armor will not fix the way their spells work. This is an ally based game, and there needs to be balance to take this into account.
    4) The way it is, LS is OP. Essentially 6 damage for 3 resources to 1 target? OMG! Perhaps mechanics designers skipped division lessons in Math class lol (just trying to be funny, no disrespect intended). I just reread the card and I am changing my opinion on lowering its cost to 3 but making it do SPLIT damage to up to 2 targets. Same for Zaladar, make it every 3rd turn but 3 damage SPLIT among 2 targets, hopefully they can make it not necessarily even splitting.

P.S. Updated first post
    I don't have time to respond to all of these right now, but the one thing I do feel strongly about is #1 (Whether or not to change Portal and if so, how?).

Unless first strike mechanic is dropped, and I'm assuming it won't be, I strongly feel Portal should be changed. Even if all the classes had access to item destruction cards, it would still be way overpowered and it would force everyone to put those item destruction cards in their deck. I think the limited duration sounds like a good solution so it is still really useful but not IMO broken.

Again, using MtG as an analogy, think of Mind Twist and Counter Spell. Just because there are counters to a card, doesn't mean insanely powerful card design is good design.

On the other hand, if somehow his Noodleness answers my prayers and does get first strike removed then Portal might not need changing.
    Last edited by Craig Volpe; 03-05-2011 at 11:06 PM.