Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Cool Garbage Disposal (Amber Rain) [1.29]

** Updated for SF -V 2.880 **

Jaqui's Recent Hammer deck has inspired me to renew this deck for the latest version, so here it is!

The strategy still remains the same. Fill your opponents hand with garbage they can't use and blocking draw whilst stealing their good cards and smacking them in the face.

Current Deck (40)

1 x Amber Rain

(0 allies)

4 x Crippling Blow
    3 x Shield Bash
    4 x Retreat
    4 x Rain Delay
    4 x Bad Santa
    2 x Nowhere To Hide
    2 x Enslave the Beast
    2 x Curse of the Aldmor
    2 x Vision of Endia
    (27 abilities)

4 x Bazaar
    4 x Reserve Weapon
    4 x Dimension Ripper
    (12 items)

** Updated for DP - V3**

This is a variation of a deck I tried pre 40 card minimum that did not work at all. Now that decks start at 40 and their are some new allies it seems to be working OK. Still in development although it is already playing well. The concept initially came from trying to find a use for the most useless cards, and there is one card that allows it with Ambers new ability.

So here goes the DP version (V3):

Current Deck (40)

1 x Amber Rain

(0 allies)

4 x Crippling Blow
    3 x Shield Bash
    4 x Retreat
    4 x Rain Delay
    4 x Bad Santa
    4 x Killing Spree
    1 x Rejuvenating Ritual
    1 x Nowhere to Hide
    2 x Outwitted
    (27 abilities)

4 x Bazaar
    4 x Reserve Weapon
    4 x Dimension Ripper
    (12 items)

V2 Deck (47)
    1 x Amber Rain

4 x Puwen Bloodhelm
    3 x Birgitte Skullborn
    3 x Blake Windrunner
    4 x Tainted Oracle
    (14 allies)

4 x Dual Wield
    4 x Crippling Blow
    4 x Rain Delay
    4 x Bad Santa
    (16 abilities)

4 x Bazaar
    4 x Violet Thunderstorm
    4 x Dimension Ripper
    4 x Rusty Longsword
    (16 items)

Original Deck (51)
    1 x Amber Rain

4 x Dirk Saber
    4 x Lily Rosecult
    4 x Puwen Bloodhelm
    4 x Birgitte Skullborn
    4 x Blake Windrunner
    4 x Tainted Oracle
    (24 allies)

4 x Dual Wield
    4 x Crippling Blow
    4 x Retreat
    4 x Misplaced
    (16 abilities)

4 x Bazaar
    2 x Violet Thunderstorm
    4 x Dimension Ripper
    (10 items)

As you have probably noticed is that a lot of the cards are trash. Exactly what you want your opponent to be taking from your deck when the fabric of the universe tears open and cards fall out. I started constructing this deck with Dimension Ripper, and Dual Wield. From there I filled it with cards that would not counter my own strategy when falling into the wrong hands. ie; no weapon or item destruction; no fat allies with more than 4 health; no particularly useful armour (which by the way I discovered that Violet Thunderstorm activates Dimension Rippers ability a second time if the opponent dares to use yours); no health buffing/healing- all the things that usually make warriors so great. That doesn't mean you can't use them, mirror matches give you all the good stuff a warrior needs.

The best part about playing against good decks is that you can rely on them having the good cards you need, and that is what makes this deck so fun and interesting. For this you will almost exclusively hit the hero. By letting their allies kill themselves against Dimension Rippers blade is what gives you the cards you need and hands them a pile of garbage that in some cases even stops them from drawing their own cards after a visit to the local Bazaar. Make sure you change the view and watch the top card of your deck fly off so you know which allies to best retreat.

Why no Blood Frenzy you ask? Of course the deck started with this card, but I quickly found it was very counter productive and this deck needs one cool headed Amber. There is enough draw to get you a Dimension Ripper without Blood Frenzy thanks to Tainted Oracle or Bazaar if absolutely necessary, and with it you eventually get card blocked and you actually need the HP it takes so that you can kill allies defensively rather than offensively. Bazaar actually works much better by helping prevent them from drawing their own cards later on and can draw item destruction away from Dimension ripper occasionally, but should not be cast turn 2 ever. By not casting BF (or even Bazaar) immediately you now have turn 2 to cast one of your 12 2 cost (or less) allies in the deck and if you did not draw a Dimension Ripper you will only need early board control until you do. I may end up putting Blood Frenzy back in just in case the opponent wants to try and use it to see how little it helps.

But what about Bad Santa? It's true that this red and white nightmare can fill your opponent's hand to prevent them from drawing your cards while you still draw theirs, but why worry when you can fill their stockings with rotting left-overs and unwrap all their expensive presents? Not having Bad Santa also prevents them from using your own cards against you for the same reason. They have to stock their own for that.

The key to being able to include Bad Santa is Rain Delay to prevent too much card block by your opponent if they get yours. So it can work well enough. Unlike most DR decks however, you want to exchange cards before you cast it so they get more of your cards then their own. Then you can cast other cards to free up your hand for retaliation against Amber.

It's a lot more refined now from the original and I'm looking forward to adapting it to 1.3
    Last edited by Keaven; 01-21-2015 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Updating current DP Version deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Keaven View Post
    I discovered that Violet Thunderstorm activates Dimension Rippers ability a second time if the opponent dares to use yours
    Not sure what i think of this deck but it seems fun. That VT mechanic, which i got to assume is unintentional... is pretty dirty. Why 51 cards, seems pretty ally heavy, unless the point is to make sure you have lots of cards to give them?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Fun to play...but in my deck. I minus all the crippling blows...And retreat...Just wack and wait for good cards to come. Dual Weild + DR is a killer...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This seems pretty hilarious, I might have to give it a spin sometime and see how it plays. I would definitely drop the deck down to 40 though so your odds of drawing your first ripper is improved. What are your thoughts on having 4 misplaced in your deck? to max opponents hand out so they can't steal from your deck?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    -4 crippling blows and retreats (Why let enemy get break ya weapons and retreat ya allies (if any) )
    Whole point is to give garbage to opponent. So I added Campfire and honor the dead.

Thatz my version. : )

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I guess you are not going to fight DC ? )))) with this....
    Fun to plat though.....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Natshikrak View Post
    -4 crippling blows and retreats (Why let enemy get break ya weapons and retreat ya allies (if any) )
    Whole point is to give garbage to opponent. So I added Campfire and honor the dead.

Yea but... you could still pull that garbage rather than pull a DR at all if you only have 4 of them in a 50+ card deck... granted this isn't a serious deck. An amber DR deck could be made more effectively if you wanted to.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Update

Current Deck (45)
    1 x Amber Rain

4 x Lily Rosecult
    4 x Puwen Bloodhelm
    4 x Birgitte Skullborn
    4 x Blake Windrunner
    4 x Tainted Oracle
    (20 allies)

4 x Dual Wield
    4 x Crippling Blow
    4 x Retreat
    4 x Bazaar
    (16 abilities)

4 x Violet Thunderstorm
    4 x Dimension Ripper
    (8 items)

I watched the replays of someone who played the deck and they didn't really get the concept. ie never play Bazaar turn 2. You need board control so play your weenies. Hold your Bazaar until turn 3/4 for emergencies if you failed controlling the board or didn't draw a DR or TO. Later Bazaar can be played to help start blocking their draw and filling their hand with your cards.

This deck forces your opponent to change their strategy a lot. This is your advantage, especially if you have good overall deck experience. This is not a beginners deck because it has beginner cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Armoek View Post
    This seems pretty hilarious, I might have to give it a spin sometime and see how it plays. I would definitely drop the deck down to 40 though so your odds of drawing your first ripper is improved. What are your thoughts on having 4 misplaced in your deck? to max opponents hand out so they can't steal from your deck?
    I am still working on numbers, was getting pretty lucky it seems with my first 20 or so matches. I started at maximum hand size and am reducing already.

The Misplaced were for reducing my hand size when needed as well as increasing the opponents to block them from drawing their own cards- remember you want to fill their hand with your junk, not vice versa with this strategy. It worked well enough, but I'm finding that the 4 cost or less abilities/items I'm getting are useful and I don't want them to have them back, so I have removed this card.

Draw can be really heavy and I would definitely keep the deck above 40 even if it was filled out a bit more with Bad Santa's and Blood Frenzy if your worried about drawing a DR, but I still think TO is good enough. The match can end up drawing every card and you don't want to be short in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Natshikrak View Post

There are a few reasons for keeping the retreats. It can be useful to send up their fatties and makes them wary of what to summon. If they use a stolen one they are usually trying to return their own ally which fattens their hand further and is often a fattie with high resource cost that cannot be summoned in the same turn.

Crippling Blow is for early lock down in combo with weenies. If they want to use them against me, better than another/bigger ally. My damage comes from Dimension Ripper.

I did also try to add Campfire stories to perhaps get out DR earlier if needed, but didn't like it. Summoning weenies for early board control and waiting still works better. You may not realise just how trash Honor The Dead is Natshikrak. I also found a glitch that does not allow you to cast a stolen version of this card. Period. So they cannot even use it if they wanted to. I still left it out because it would only help when it's too late or you already have a Dimension Ripper out or in your graveyard. I'm reconsidering Bad Santa.

Quote Originally Posted by Zegromanter View Post
    I guess you are not going to fight DC ? )))) with this....
    Fun to plat though.....
    Actually so far it has faired quite well against Darkclaw. Of course it can struggle a little if they manage to play What Big Teeth and Speedstrike T3 & T4 then get out every Shadow Font straight after, but even now with my deck changes the Violet Thunderstorm is good enough to hold out long enough usually with Lily.

Quote Originally Posted by Junk Style View Post
    Not sure what i think of this deck but it seems fun. That VT mechanic, which i got to assume is unintentional... is pretty dirty. Why 51 cards, seems pretty ally heavy, unless the point is to make sure you have lots of cards to give them?
    Actually the VT mechanic also applies to Berserkers Edge given it has the same activation trigger...
    Last edited by Keaven; 01-10-2012 at 03:21 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Keaven View Post

Actually the VT mechanic also applies to Berserkers Edge given it has the same activation trigger...
    BE is ridiculously bugged.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Finally someone post this amber strategy that I playing and yes I'm selfish not to share LOL (cos I'm a fish
    O.o)
    my version has a few difference, will try the violet storm, I didn't know that.
    I did put in blood frenzy cos i use rain of delay with less allies, and don't use the bloody frenzy that I put in.
    why put in when I don't use? cos its a DOT trap for the enemy haha, with bazaar and santa and oracle and his own draw engine he will have a handful, blood frenzy is a trap for him to use it.

I don't use duel wield, its bonus do not stack with amber ability

This deck is really fun against mages or have a high advantage against them cos you will get their nukes lol
    Against DC? I once got lone wolf and speed strike, needless to say I let him taste him own medicine the ripper way XD
    Last edited by Hunkfish; 01-10-2012 at 04:01 AM.