Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

"Give up" button

Will a "Give up" button be soon put ingame?

When your opponent see he will loose, he just close the game (it's faster this way for him to restart a new one, than just waiting till he actualy loose i guess).

The winner just wait 3min there trying to find if the game is laggy, if that his opponent is waiting till his max time, or if he just closed the client.
    Last edited by batonbleu; 01-07-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There already is such a (kind of) button: open your chat and type OFFER DRAW.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I doubt it. Giving up on a match and throwing in the towel is just poor sportsmanship unless you have a scenario where you have no way to win, but it will take your opponent several turns to finish you off. So I doubt they will offer an official means for people to quit, essentially robbing the winner of their moment of victory.

If you're going to lose, take it like a man.

Unless doing so requires the slow ticking of several turns.

In regards to people closing the game and it waiting out the timer, there might be a better solution, something to discourage people from quitting early rather than making it easier to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeHansje View Post
    There already is such a (kind of) button: open your chat and type OFFER DRAW.
    But if you're winning, would you accept a draw because your opponent doesn't want to lose?
    My music.
    Cthulhu fhtagn...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Montag451 View Post
    [...] unless you have a scenario where you have no way to win, but it will take your opponent several turns to finish you off. [...] quit, essentially robbing the winner of their moment of victory.[...]
    The thing is... Even tho it might be frustrating to the winner to win just because the opponent gave up, it's frustrating too (even more) when the winner is a jerk and intentionally takes a long time to finish a already won game. I do support a way to surrender - maybe with some limits, like you could only surrender after X turns and if your hero health is above X (to avoid people surrendering just to rob the moment of victory, the last rounds).

@FreeHansje: Draw != Give up.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacanex View Post
    it's frustrating too (even more) when the winner is a jerk and intentionally takes a long time to finish a already won game.
    I think we can summarize, "it's frustrating when you're opponent is a jerk."

Which is indeed true, and in an ideal environment, we wouldn't have to deal with these people at all. Opponents would go for the kill when they see an opening, and others would wait for said kill to come to them rather than duck out early because it's not their win.
    My music.
    Cthulhu fhtagn...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hopefully there'll never be such a thing, nothing is lamer than having several games ending on turn 3-4 just because the opponent concedes because he didn't draw THAT CARD, is in a losing situation or just feels like he/she needs to be lame. The few eyegorgingly slow games you encounter where the opponent either won't use the "End Turn" button or refuses to finish the game is, in my humble opinion which isn't really that humble, a more that fair price to avoid that.
    They say the difference between madness and genius is how many victims you've got, or something along those lines.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A give up button sounds like a fine idea. There is nothing wrong with conceding a losing game and making it formal would help. You can give up already, so this would just help prevent lagging out by that browser closing minute.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes, there should be a forfeit button. Anything to make it less tempting for hopeless opponents to drop their link causing a delay of almost a minute.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    the scenario where people are closing their client when they loose happens a lot less when you're arount 200 rating, i noticed that, i'm happy about that, because it was really frustrating

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    You can already forfeit. Open the challenges menu in game and it will prompt you to forfeit your game.